Banning of popular Modders.

PS4farmhand

Re: Banning of popular Modders.

Post by PS4farmhand »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:36 pm I'm sorry, but prove to me that any of these modders are the ones who actually cracked the DLC. It's like buying an item off Ebay you didn't know was stolen, but then getting arrested and convicted for burglary. I agree that if there is stolen content that it should be taken down and a chance given to fix the issue. But to go off half cocked like this and just blindly swing the ban hammer is a bit extreme. I think there may be a bit of ego involved here because I see a lot of the modders actively making bug report threads and actually fixing things, whereas a lot of giants stuff can take months to get fixed, if they even will at all.
This right here^^^ I totally agree. 👍

Sorry if we agree to disagree, but like others I'm calling it as I see it.
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:36 pm I'm sorry, but prove to me that any of these modders are the ones who actually cracked the DLC. It's like buying an item off Ebay you didn't know was stolen, but then getting arrested and convicted for burglary. I agree that if there is stolen content that it should be taken down and a chance given to fix the issue. But to go off half cocked like this and just blindly swing the ban hammer is a bit extreme. I think there may be a bit of ego involved here because I see a lot of the modders actively making bug report threads and actually fixing things, whereas a lot of giants stuff can take months to get fixed, if they even will at all.

Sorry if we agree to disagree, but like others I'm calling it as I see it.
Exactly!! Well said
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
TomazKo96

Post by TomazKo96 »

Watching all the drama queens and enjoying my Xmas evening :lol:
I just wanna say I trust and respect Giants way more, than some random modders. We all love that their work makes game even better and enjoyable to play, but they must face their mistakes. Rules are rules. Even on holidays.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

TomazKo96 wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:28 pm Watching all the drama queens and enjoying my Xmas evening :lol:
I just wanna say I trust and respect Giants way more, than some random modders. We all love that their work makes game even better and enjoyable to play, but they must face their mistakes. Rules are rules. Even on holidays.
I'm with captain 7 posts over here. Pass the popcorn, George.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeahrightio wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:37 pm Ah ok. Yeah fair enough if they broke into a DLC and took giants assets I'm guessing, as they created the track models.

Edit: now Ive thought about what I'm saying, do the mods like the class terra trac from giants software have 3d tracks, if they do, could they be taken?
Not only can the 3D tracks from that mod be taken and used by any modder, one individual modder took the whole tractor, edited a few little bits and re-uploaded the whole thing to Giants ModHub, yet that's seemingly okay to do all this time on the ModHub take entire Giants Models and just edit a few bits, change a few lines in the xml and re-uploaded the same vehicle. Yet modders who take a tiny portion of a Giants Model or Asset and use that to create a much greater and original mod, that's not allowed and now must be met with the ban hammer.

If the use of 3D Tracks from DLCs is such a huge issue suddenly for Giants how come they didn't do the sensible thing and release some 3D Track Pre-Fabs on the ModHub for all these talented and hardworking mod authors to use and be able keep creating great content that keeps their game in focus and keep players playing it? To suddenly go from saying "Modders are free to use any of the Assets We, Giants Software, make and publish for our game, in their own content and mods for our game." to "You must not use our stuff or we ban you." seems like a crazy decision and you suddenly wonder if Giants are trying to make a last ditch bid to try win "Bad Guys of the Year" award from CD Projekt Red lol.

The timing of all this is very awful, with the holidays starting, maybe it would have been much better for Giants to have held off making this sort of decision until into the New Year when they could have sat down, maybe via video conference with the Modders effected by this and actually had a verbal conversation regarding this matter and trying to find a way to resolve it that is best for the community, the players and the game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Untiedshoes

Post by Untiedshoes »

Good gravy. What a mess. And really, I think the people who suffer the most will be the console players, who are a significant demographic for the company, and Giants themselves. You banned arguably the finest modded of American equipment, which has a large following. PC players can get these mods without Giants. In fact, I can get nearly all the mods off of 3rd party websites and FB. I don’t need The Modhub at all. But those on consoles do. I don’t know the details of what went on, but I know first hand the quality these modders put out and it is by far more superior than anything Giants puts out. If it weren’t for these American style modders, this game would have been shelved long ago and giants wouldn’t have got one penny from me from any of the DLCs and I can’t be the only one. Giants created a good platform that the modders made great. I have downloaded all of these mods from the modders themselves, and never paid one single dime. Not one. True some modders do ask for a donation and I don’t blame them. What’s a person’s time worth? Ask custom modding how many hours are in their new drill. I can’t believe that they do it for money, because they don’t get much. As far as suing them, that would be a joke. An absolute farce. Suing groups that mod for free and then give it back to the company to make their game better? A lifetime ban would only hurt the players and essentially Giants. Giants, if you are reading this, which I doubt you will, I have some advice for you to consider. Instead up making the groups your enemies and driving interest away from your game, maybe put these groups on your side. They make your game better. They have tractors, equipment, and maps that millions of people want and use that you do not provide. It’s what keeps these millions of people giving you money. I would proceed with caution, or you’ll find you won’t sell 21 to a lot of people that bought 19 and your DLCs.
moonwalker_1994

Post by moonwalker_1994 »

If it wasn't for modders and their mods, Farming Simulator wouldn't be what it is today! The only thing that made this game popular are the mods...it took Giants 10 years to get a hold of a John Deere and a Claas license! And I don't really need to talk about maps and seasons! You can't really play an FS game in the first months before a nice maps gets released!

So yeah....it would have been a bit cleverer from them to first warn the modders before going ahead and banning them! And look who they decided to block...Siid! The guy has brought a huge amount of perfectly modeled John Deeres to the game and all he gets for his hard work is a block...!

The funny thing is that Giants are the ones testing the mods before they even get released! So what were they looking at when they tested the mods before getting them uploaded to Modhub?? :lol:
Complete morons...maybe when sending the mod back to the modder for corrections, you can include a line in the log saying "remove licensed parts"! Just sayin...

Being a drama queen and getting offended by things that can easily be resolved in a matter of minutes, is the new trend in 2020! So Giants take the holiday time to relax and think again about your idiotic ideas of banning modders that contribute so much to this game!
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

When they say "ban" is this a complete "your gone" situation, or could they come back. I'm hoping it's just for now, and not "your gone for good", there is a lot of good things that were scheduled for release, and now they are in the air.

What interests me is that there is a fendt and challenger crawler pack on the modhub. This has 3d tracks.
[url]https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... s2019/[url]

These tracks are 3d, are they the same as the Giants ones?
Does this fall under the banned category?
Last edited by Yeahrightio on Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
punchi

Post by punchi »

Finally Giants is taking actions on all the illegal stolen things.

Just imagine if someone stole your stuff. People would cry all over the place, but if its your favourite modder, then its completly okay.

I dont know how it is in other countrys, but here it is also forbidden to buy/deal with stolen goods. Even if you dont know ;) So people saying they took it from other people.. that doesnt work. Still stolen goods ;)
And ignorance does not protect you from punishment.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeahrightio wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:17 pm When they say "ban" is this a complete "your gone" situation, or could they come back. I'm hoping it's just for now, and not "your gone for good", there is a lot of good things that were scheduled for release, and now they are in the air.

What interests me is that there is a fendt and challenger crawler pack on the modhub. This has 3d tracks.

Jhhg was banned before and is back.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:18 pm
Yeahrightio wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:17 pm When they say "ban" is this a complete "your gone" situation, or could they come back. I'm hoping it's just for now, and not "your gone for good", there is a lot of good things that were scheduled for release, and now they are in the air.

Jhhg was banned before and is back.
Oh, yes he was earlier on this year wasn't he. Hopefully modders like siid and custom modding don't leave, they have high quality content and plenty people use it. They fill in that American gap that giants has.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

punchi wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:18 pm Finally Giants is taking actions on all the illegal stolen things.

Just imagine if someone stole your stuff. People would cry all over the place, but if its your favourite modder, then its completly okay.

I dont know how it is in other countrys, but here it is also forbidden to buy/deal with stolen goods. Even if you dont know ;) So people saying they took it from other people.. that doesnt work. Still stolen goods ;)
Whilst I'd agree with this if this was a case of Modders taking and using assets made and created by other Modders without their permission and approval and using them in their own mods. However this is not the case here. These are Modders that are being banned for using Giants Models and Assets in their work, something that up to now has been perfectly allowed by Giants, they make the game and they have stated several times and even in the TOS that mod makers and map authors are free to re-use the games assets within their own works. What makes this especially confusing is all these Modders up to now have released their mods via Giants ModHub, so keeping Giants assets and models within their own network so to speak.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
punchi

Post by punchi »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:25 pm
punchi wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:18 pm Finally Giants is taking actions on all the illegal stolen things.

Whilst I'd agree with this if this was a case of Modders taking and using assets made and created by other Modders without their permission and approval and using them in their own mods. However this is not the case here. These are Modders that are being banned for using Giants Models and Assets in their work, something that up to now has been perfectly allowed by Giants, they make the game and they have stated several times and even in the TOS that mod makers and map authors are free to re-use the games assets within their own works. What makes this especially confusing is all these Modders up to now have released their mods via Giants ModHub, so keeping Giants assets and models within their own network so to speak.
You are messing up things. You are allowed to use stuff from the Base Game. Thats all. All DLC Stuff is encrypted.

And when you are buying DLCs, you are agreeing on that. (not cracking it open)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If I understand this correctly, the problem isn't that they have used Giants models/parts, as we have seen before they approve edited models of their own mods.
What is the problem is using parts from paid content, and making it awailible for free.
Witch actually is a big deal.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

So in reality, like Noraf says, it's just about making something that's paid, free. Just in this case it's not the entire vehicle, just some components of it. Fair enough I guess on giants behalf, buy they should have said something sooner. 🤔

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s