So i have to leave a vehicle at the store all the time??

inthewasteland

So i have to leave a vehicle at the store all the time??

Post by inthewasteland »

So if i buy a new vehicle or piece of equipment, the only way to get it is to drive to the store, leave the vehicle i drove there, and drive the new vehicle back to my farm? Then drive back to get it (or walk i suppose???). That makes no sense. I should be able to teleport to the store (my body only) so that i can at least pickup new vehicles without having to sacrifice one sitting there the whole time?

And why cant i have a helper drive a vehicle back to my farm for me? They can plow, sow, harvest, but they cannot drive?
Vfarms

Re: So i have to leave a vehicle at the store all the time??

Post by Vfarms »

Can't you tab between vehicles?
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Yeah how come you don't tab between vehicles? That switches your player to the nearest vehicle once you find it.

Certian mod maps even have the reset point at a farm, so then you wouldn't need to walk far.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

And you can click on the store icon on the map and teleport there as well...
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
inthewasteland

Post by inthewasteland »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:48 pm And you can click on the store icon on the map and teleport there as well...

Hmm, i will have to try this, as its exactly what i was thinking. I know i can tab back to that vehicle and then drive it back to my farm as well, but it just seems like an extra step everytime i purchase or lease something, when i could be using that drive time to be harvesting or some other chore.

Ok, im an *$#%§*! I swear i tried clicking on the store to travel there, but somehow didnt see the option to "visit"!
Deadeye

Post by Deadeye »

Tabbing back to the vehicle takes an extra step? That's odd. I thought it was quicker than walking. Regardless, that "extra step" taking time is the name of this game. It's not meant to be a fast-paced action game. It's meant to take time. Unless realism is your concern, I don't really understand an issue with the current system. I am certain that "tabbing" to vehicles can be turned off, and if nothing else, just don't use it. Just my opinion I s'pose.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

There was a MOD that changed the delivery location to your farm instead of the store, but it was a while ago and might have been FS17 rather than FS19.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

gordon861 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:04 pm There was a MOD that changed the delivery location to your farm instead of the store, but it was a while ago and might have been FS17 rather than FS19.
This one?
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Either that or get a semi and a low loader like either the Goldhofer or the Lizard 50GSL-3. That way you can haul it back.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

.... and on the map you can click every vehicle, too to jump in it. There is no reason to walk..
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Or even set up an auto drive course from the shop to your farm
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:05 am Or even set up an auto drive course from the shop to your farm
... or CoursePlay https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay

... or FollowMe https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Mind you, I do tend to leave a forklift or telehandler at the shop for loading palettes and so on.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Telehandlers and forklifts should be part of the shop set up and shouldn't need to be bought (defaultVehicles.xml), in R/L if you go to a seed store to buy stuff you don't expect to have to then buy a forklift to load your wagon
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:20 am Telehandlers and forklifts should be part of the shop set up and shouldn't need to be bought (defaultVehicles.xml), in R/L if you go to a seed store to buy stuff you don't expect to have to then buy a forklift to load your wagon
I completely agree, so I usually give myself the purchase price back. I can live with the extra running cost. In the same way I'll lease a lorry+trailer to take my grain from farm to merchant, or a tanker to fill up the farm diesel tank, and maybe rebate some of the cost.

FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Also, you don't have to drive to the store to buy something. You can open the store from anywhere, buy what you want, then tab to it and drive it home. Of course if you're not buying vehicles, then you have to go get it.
PS4