Eureka farms mod map lots of bugs

Felsbrunn

Re: Eureka farms mod map lots of bugs

Post by Felsbrunn »

farminggirl2021 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:59 am played the map today , seems like i had to mess with the settings, to make the tractors work better, the straw has improved, still think it needs a huge update to improve the map better, other maps I played , the animal pens won't come up when you push the button on the animal pens , nothing comes up , so lots of bugs in these maps
It's definitely up to your system or one of your mods. The card has no defects.
Map: Irgendwo in Thüringen 3, Rennebu
System: PS4 Pro / i7-10700, GeForce RTX 3070
Bilder hochladen: https://image.giants-software.com/index.php
Log erstellen: viewtopic.php?f=827&t=88665
farminggirl2021

Post by farminggirl2021 »

everyone I've been playing on my xbox, and the straw rows are not being deleted now, using a different loading wagon and its now picking up straw just fine now, but I've been using a different loading wagon and it seemed to fix the problem, the roads are not grass there is pavement , also, ive only been playing for 10 hours into it only
JamP

Post by JamP »

dapals51 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:39 pm
JamP wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:35 pm I've been playing since launching on Xbox on this map and haven't found any of these reported issues.
Did The roads pop up because they didn't on mine it's just grass and the cars drive over it
Yes. Everything's normal. I have nine factories on the map too. There are some errors, but not those mentioned above. The reported errors, such as some fields that do not fertilize, or one of the factories that does not work will be fixed in the next update. But the map is normal.

I have a question. Are you playing with or without seasons? You're probably conflicted in some of your mods. Disable everyone and try to play.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:38 am
GIANTS have been on holiday (vacation) and there are no new mods due until the 11th. I thin Mwal means updates to this map.

What platform are you playing on?
Yes that’s what I meant, thanks for deciphering my redneck ass comment hahaha
dapals51

Post by dapals51 »

JamP wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:05 pm
dapals51 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:39 pm
JamP wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:35 pm I've been playing since launching on Xbox on this map and haven't found any of these reported issues.
Did The roads pop up because they didn't on mine it's just grass and the cars drive over it
Yes. Everything's normal. I have nine factories on the map too. There are some errors, but not those mentioned above. The reported errors, such as some fields that do not fertilize, or one of the factories that does not work will be fixed in the next update. But the map is normal.

I have a question. Are you playing with or without seasons? You're probably conflicted in some of your mods. Disable everyone and try to play.
I did try that with no avail
XBOX one player
Farmer in the midwest USA

MOD HUB OR DIE!!
BostonJohnny1226

Post by BostonJohnny1226 »

What factories?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:36 am What factories?
Places where they make stuff out of stuff
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Hi all,

I’ve been following this thread - very interesting - so now I’m going to toss out a question based on all I’ve read here about the Eureka Farms map.

Looking for your opinion/advice regarding this map - whether it’s not really a great idea to jump into this map just yet - taking time to make a farm and all that initial setup the farm related stuff... IF a map update will likely be coming that’ll very likely require (or at least recommend) a new game save start. Or if a map update may be in the works but not likely to appear for quite awhile (weeks/months), maybe take the risk and jump on into it now. If the “bugs” are significant (fields that won’t fertilize for a good example as “JamP” mentioned earlier that he’s experienced or are known issues about this map) - that would be a key deciding factor to just wait for the update - or just play around with the map as it is without going to any extra time & work to set up a home base farm setup. (I’m a PS4 console user btw if that makes any difference, and no nothing at all about using the “factories” mod part that’s included with this map.)

Comments? Opinions?

Many thanks in advance!
Happy farming everyone!
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Like I've said, Mr SealyP are both on ps4 (myself a slim him a ps5) and neither of us have had any problems. The roads glitch tnt has said is a real problem but there is a work around, other glitches are likely operator error and/or mod conflicts (factories work using animal scripts). A note neither one of us have done animals or factories yet but MrSealy has released a third video on Eureka I haven't watched yet so maby now he has.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
REN56

Post by REN56 »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:12 pm Like I've said, Mr SealyP are both on ps4 (myself a slim him a ps5) and neither of us have had any problems. The roads glitch tnt has said is a real problem but there is a work around, other glitches are likely operator error and/or mod conflicts (factories work using animal scripts). A note neither one of us have done animals or factories yet but MrSealy has released a third video on Eureka I haven't watched yet so maby now he has.
Many thanks for your helpful reply CowsGoMoo, I appreciate it very much. I never saw any glitchy buggy things myself when I was messsing around with this map, but I hadn’t actually gone past simply touring around the map and loading it in the various startup modes to see what they looked like for the most part. I think I’ll go forth and give it a try for something different without going ‘all out’ just yet with spending lots of time/work to create a starter home base farm setup on the map (in case of an upcoming map update that would require a new save). Thanks for pointing me to the ‘MrSealyP’ videos for this map, I always forget about using YouTube as a source of help & info. The factories - that’ll definitely be something I’ll certainly be looking forward to hearing & seeing a whole lot more about. I’m still trying to grasp the factories - like, in my head, a factory makes cheese, for example, but what do we do with the cheese, lol, but I think I’m simply missing the point - we probably don’t actually do anything at all perhaps with what the factories create, perhaps they’re just a place to bring in extra income (though not so sure - since one factory makes wood that another factory uses to make barrels), so this ‘noob’ here (me raising my hand) will certainly be keeping an eye out on more info about the usage of the factories mod.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

farminggirl2021 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:59 am played the map today , seems like i had to mess with the settings, to make the tractors work better, the straw has improved, still think it needs a huge update to improve the map better, other maps I played , the animal pens won't come up when you push the button on the animal pens , nothing comes up , so lots of bugs in these maps
Don't know if this has been said or not but the animal pen thing I think has something to do with the factories pack being installed but this map is supposed to be compatible with them..... maybe check and see if you have the old production pack installed as well as I think that is different. Hope this helps out with the animal pens issue..... if not then I'm going to guess it's just something with the map. 🤔
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
REN56

Post by REN56 »

I ran into what I believe is a glitch/bug of some sort while attempting to use a hired AI helper to harvest one of the very large fields (forgot which field, it was mid-80’s size on hectares) on Eureka Farms... first & only issue I’ve experienced with this map to this point. Btw, using the GIANTS disable camera collision mod (whatever it’s called) and I’ve had absolutely no graphical type issues at all with grass & roads. My problem was the AI helper would run 1 pass and just stop for no reason at all. This happened repeatedly on all 4 sides of the perfectly rectangular shaped field. I made some passes myself around all 4 sides to give even more open space (there was already plenty around all 4 sides of this field) - that didn’t help any, however. I quit & restarted. I closed the game completely & restarted. Neither worked to get the AI helper to do more than 1 single straight line pass before stopping at the end & quitting every time. So, I half-slept my way through doing the entire massively large field myself, dozing off countless times while I was driving - what a big mess that was, lol!

Some comments about this map:

Overall, I really do love the layout of this map! When I originally installed it and toured the map, seeing the massively gigantic-sized fields, I immediately uninstalled the map (this relates to my FS preference to almost always doing all of the work myself with no AI helpers, when I saw fields that massively huge, my immediate response was “no way, not a chance, this map gets deleted!” Then I heard about the map having some ‘customized’ equipment that was specifically geared up for use on this map with such gigantic-sized fields to help make it more ‘do-able’, I thought it was worth another look. Doing the math & scaling the field sizes relative to other maps & equipment/machinery in-game or on Modhub that don’t include any unique map-specific-only ‘customized’ equipment, it’s probably all relatively equal in the big scheme of things as far as size and time required etc. But, for something different for a change, this has been a very fun challenge so far to me to try to tackle in many different respects... as well as how this map with its unique ‘customized’ equipment offers console users a tiny little glimpse into a tiny little bit of so much of the various fun & wild & crazy types of things that PC folks get to experiment with and actually do with FS19 on PC that isn’t at all possible to do on the console.

Watching the videos on YouTube by ‘MrSealyP’ of this map - just simply listening to him laugh, sensing his smiling & enjoyment via his expressions & tone of his voice along with all of the fun he’s had - that’s been loads of fun to watch (especially during these crazy stressful times we’ve all been living through).

I’m sure most all of the diehard extremists & purists that are only interested solely on ultimate accuracy & ultimate realism have been totally cringing over this map due to the unique ‘customized’ equipment that is specific to this map and totally appalled at anyone that’s dared to play this map due to the unique ‘customized’ equipment that’s available to use on this map. (Note: available/optional, not required/forced.)

C’est la vie... and as the old saying goes... “to each his/her own”. In the end, regardless of what various playing preferences/styles we may choose/prefer, it’s *FUN* that really matters the most. What’s so bad/wrong with FUN? Especially for a diversion and for something different than the same routine.

I hope Eureka Farms map-maker TNT will continue with some more of this unique ‘customized’ equipment etc. for us console users - especially to allow us consoles to experience a little taste of the fun & endless limitless options that FS PC users have access to & get to play around with whenever they wish.

Happy farming everyone! *thumbsup*
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
CMDRTAKEDOWN

Post by CMDRTAKEDOWN »

Problem I have just ran into is the Sugarbeet harvester is able to have a potato header but it don't accept the potatoes. So the only way now is with the in game harvesters that will take days and days to harvest the field. So going to wait for an update.
PS4
PS5
REN56

Post by REN56 »

CMDRTAKEDOWN wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:16 am Problem I have just ran into is the Sugarbeet harvester is able to have a potato header but it don't accept the potatoes. So the only way now is with the in game harvesters that will take days and days to harvest the field. So going to wait for an update.
Ouch. I seeded the starter field #7 with approximately 2/3 sugar beets and 1/3 potatoes. It’s still in the growing stages. I’ll see if I get the same results (problems) with the sugar beet harvester coupled with the potato header combo - and report back here... not that my results (whatever they may turn out to be) change the fact that it didn’t work for you, of course.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
helper A

Post by helper A »

The problem is in the beet harvester when used for potatoes. When in the shop you will notice the harvester shows beets only. When using the potato header it will pull them out of the ground but won't register then in the harvester. On TNT's Bucks County map he has a beet harvester that shows to accept beets and potatoes with the correct header.
Since '13