pull type forage harvester with high-dump wagon

DirectCedar

pull type forage harvester with high-dump wagon

Post by DirectCedar »

Does anyone have a combination of pull-type silage chopper and high-dump style wagon that consistently works? I am running the New Holland 900 chopper and trying to get it to blow into a trailed high-dump wagon but it's not going well. Started with the Massey sugar cane trailer (sugar cane trailers seem to be just about the only high-dump option). It says it accepts silage but the combination acts like the pipe on the 900 doesn't reach high enough because there is only a tiny spot I can find where it will actually trigger and allow it to blow into the trailer.

Has anyone found a different combination of trailed chopper and high-dump trailer that consistently works? There are a few options for each machine and I thought I would ask here first before going through and testing every combination.

There are many end-dump trailers that work fine but I am trying to find a high-dump that works, as that is the way everyone chops silage in real life around here and I would like to simulate that.

Thanks In advance for any help.
fenixguy

Re: pull type forage harvester with high-dump wagon

Post by fenixguy »

I tried and tried and finally gave up and used an end-dump. Very overlooked mod opportunity, in my opinion.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:24 pm I tried and tried and finally gave up and used an end-dump. Very overlooked mod opportunity, in my opinion.
I've just found the Oxbo high dump and the NH 716. The 716 is not a high dump but at least it's a NA wagon. Have you tested either of those? I'll see what I can do with them. The 716 worked as designed in 17, although it was not my first choice of system.

I found a Jiffy 700 high dump which is exactly what I'm looking for, but the last version is for 13 and I've never attempted converting a mod before...especially up through three version of the game :sadnew:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

KarlFarms has one not sure if it wo work or not
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Mwal wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:04 pm KarlFarms has one not sure if it wo work or not
Any idea where to find it?

Edit: Wait, are you referring to the Oxbo high dump that I mentioned above? It is a lovely mod, but it doesn't work with a pull-type forage harvester. Same problem as the base game sugarcane trailers.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Now that looks promising! How did I miss that one? :smileynew: :smileynew: Thanks buddy *thumbsup*
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And it actually is small enough to be believable behind a pt chopper. (Oxbo is a bit large)
https://youtu.be/k8bcPwTKJvM
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

Well so much for the Taarup. It also doesn't work behind the NH pull-type chopper :sadnew: It really looks like it should though. It is a very nice visual match for that setup.

I see what fenixguy meant when he said he tried everything and then had to give up...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Did you try the Deere and Lely (if you doing grass) or the Pottenger (corn) on Modhub?
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

I've tried several of those combinations now. This is turning into quite the jigsaw puzzle. I only have corn that I can test on right now so I haven't tried the JD or the Lely.

SO... I spoke too soon earlier when I said the New Holland would not work with the Taarup.... It DOES actually work with the Taarup but only with the two smaller capacity configurations of it. When you add the silage extensions to the Taarup, the NH will not fill it. It does fill the smaller configurations that do not have the extensions. The NH will hook up to the sugar cane trailers and to the Oxbo, but it will not fill any of them.

The Poettinger hooks up to the Taarup, and will fill all three configurations of it. Unfortunately it has a peculiar and constant shake to the trailer while it is filling which is a little jarring. The fact that the Poettinger will fill the trailer with the extensions kind of sort of makes sense visually, as the Poettinger has a much longer spout than the NH and reaches way higher above the trailer. So I think that somehow the NH is registering that the trailers are too tall for its spout. The Poettinger spout is also theoretically plenty tall for the sugar can trailers and for the Oxbo, but it won't hitch to any of them so I haven't figured out yet how to test with them.

So my options now appear to be:
-Run with the Lely and the largest configuration of the Taarup which shakes while loading and looks a little goofy because the spout is so high.
-Run with the NH and the smaller configuration of the Taarup which mostly works fine but is quite a small wagon.
-Mod the capacity of the Taarup to something closer to what an actual high dump behind that NH chopper would hold. I'm reasonably sure I can do this.
-Mod the rear hitch on the Poettinger so it will attach to the sugar cane trailers or the Oxbo. I don't know how to do this but will eventually figure it out.
-Or I suppose, run either one with the big goofy Lizard multi-fruit auger wagon behind instead of a high dump and just pretend it's a high dump. I'm not sure I can suspend disbelief that much :lol: :lol:
Last edited by DirectCedar on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raran

Post by raran »

DirectCedar wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:03 am I've tried several of those combinations now. This is turning into quite the jigsaw puzzle. I only have corn that I can test on right now so I haven't tried the JD or the Lely.

SO... I spoke too soon earlier when I said the New Holland would not work with the Taarup.... It DOES actually work with the Taarup but only with the two smaller capacity configurations of it. When you add the silage extensions to the Taarup, the NH will not fill it. It does fill the smaller configurations that do not have the extensions. The NH will hook up to the sugar cane trailers and to the Oxbo, but it will not fill any of them.

The Poettinger hooks up to the Taarup, and will fill all three configurations of it. Unfortunately it has a peculiar and constant shake to the trailer while it is filling which is a little jarring. The fact that the Poettinger will fill the trailer with the extensions kind of sort makes sense visually, as the Poettinger has a much longer spout than than the NH and reaches way higher above the trailer. So I think that somehow the NH is registering that the trailers are too tall for its spout. The Poettinger spout is also theoretically plenty tall for the sugar can trailers and for the Oxbo, but it won't hitch to any of them so I haven't figured out yet how to test with them.

So my options now appear to be:
-Run with the Lely and the largest configuration of the Taarup which shakes while loading and looks a little goofy because the spout is so high.
-Run with the NH and the smaller configuration of the Taarup which mostly works fine but is quite a small wagon.
-Mod the capacity of the Taarup to something closer to what an actual high dump behind that NH chopper would hold. I'm reasonably sure I can do this.
-Mod the rear hitch on the Poettinger so it will attach to the sugar cane trailers or the Oxbo. I don't know how to do this but will eventually figure it out.
-Or I suppose, run either one with the big goofy Lizard multi-fruit auger wagon behind instead of a high dump and just pretend it's a high dump. I'm not sure I can suspend disbelief that much :lol: :lol:
You're not chopping silage you know that right? You chop corn or grass into chaff (ingame that is). It becomes silage after fermenting it in the silagepit.

So of you add a silage extension to a trailer, some, not all, will at that point only carry silage. Just keep notice of that and you'll be fine.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Never heard of that, silage extensions should realistically not hold anymore silage it’s to weight dense. And From what I’ve seen all silage extensions hold chaff, silage, manure, and wood chips.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

[/quote]

You're not chopping silage you know that right? You chop corn or grass into chaff (ingame that is). It becomes silage after fermenting it in the silagepit.

So of you add a silage extension to a trailer, some, not all, will at that point only carry silage. Just keep notice of that and you'll be fine.
[/quote]

I just stated that the Poettinger chopper DOES fill the Taarup trailer even when the "silage extensions" are installed. And it fills it with "chaff" (which is a ridiculous misuse by Giants in this game of a word which means something quite different in real life) just like any forage harvester should. The NH 900 won't fill that trailer with the extensions because it appears there is some conflict with the fill trigger between the heights of the NH tube, and the height of the silage extension on the Taarup.

All the trailers I'm investigating are coded with "chaff" and silage among their filltypes.

In a more constructive development, I changed the rear hitch type on the Poettinger and now it will attach to the sugar cane high dump trailers and it fills them just fine. It was a simpler edit than I thought it would be.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

fenixguy wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:24 pm I tried and tried and finally gave up and used an end-dump. Very overlooked mod opportunity, in my opinion.
Fenixguy,
I've now been able to mod the rear hitch on the Poettinger chopper so it will attach and work with the high dump sugar cane trailers, and I've modded the little Taarup high-dump (which already worked with both the Poettinger and the NH) so it holds 24k L. The only catch with the Taarup is it tips in the wrong direction to what we're used to in NA, which I didn't notice until just now :lol: :lol: which makes it pretty tricky to unload since it dumps on the side where the standing crop is :lol: If you're on PC (I don't recall) I could send you the edited mods or show you the edits to do yourself if you're still looking for a system like this. Cheerio.