Question: “Tool Height Control For Harvester” Mod on Modhub

REN56

Question: “Tool Height Control For Harvester” Mod on Modhub

Post by REN56 »

Hi all,

* EDIT = Question Answered (thank you!) *thumbsup*

A quick question... hopefully someone can help me out with this.... FS19 on PS4 Pro console here btw....

There’s an FS19 mod on the Modhub called “Tool Height Control For Harvester” created by “DD ModPassion” located under “Gameplay” category.

https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019

Can someone please try to explain to me exactly what this mod does, what it’s used for, relative to FS19 in-game usage.

I read the mod description, of course, and from what I can understand - the mod allows for adjusting/moving the height of the header that’s attached to the Harvester vertically up/down. Okay, if that’s all it does, my question is “Why do we ever need to be able to change the header height vertically? What’s the purpose of being able to move or change the height of the header?” Again, asking relative solely to FS19 in-game usage here. (Being a ‘noob’ is so frustrating at times, lol)

Many thanks in advance for any/all replies.

Happy farming everyone! *thumbsup*
Last edited by REN56 on Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
raran

Re: Question: “Tool Height Control For Harvester” Mod on Modhub

Post by raran »

It serves no ingame purpose really but for many people it adds to immersion as in real life there's never a fieldwhere all the crop is exactly the same height.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

It can also be used to fool the harvester into working at road speed when harvesting though it only works with certain headers. Mr Sealyp just started and un realistic series this is a mod he just used.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ raran
@ norfolk farmer

Thank you both very much for your quick and helpful replies, I appreciate it very much.

Happy farming! *thumbsup*
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

the mod inc say inludes a tool height version of all in game headers, just look for the in games that have "mod" on them and say 'for tool height control' in menu description. As mentioned it fools the game into thinking the header is turned off and you can harvest at the combines road speed which could be 15mph or 26. The tool height headers can be used on any in game or mod combine just like any other header, and works like any base header. R1 + square to turn on and R1+ circle to lower/raise. You can also sue the control to manually lower/raise the header to any height but I never have a problem so I just use the automatic lower. Check out MrSealyP Eureka Farm lets play on the utube to watch a grown man turn into a happy kid from having so much fun.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
raran

Post by raran »

Ah didn't know that. Quite handy for the console peeps indeed.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ norfolk farmer = thanks for mentioning the MrSealyP videos that are relative to this mod I was wondering about - it was fun to watch for something different and fun! :)

@ CowsGoMoo = thanks for your helpful reply and also mentioning the MrSealyP videos that related to this mod - fun to watch & something different as a nice diversion in a good/fun way - enjoyed it! The videos, as you said, were so much fun just to hear how much fun MrSealyP was having trying out the various different things for the fun of it, including using this mod. After being “locked up” (in a sense) for so long all over the world with all of the Covid chaos mess, I’m sure people everywhere can certainly use some *fun* & smiles & laughter (all meant in a good way) like what this mod offers for FS19 for something to make them smile & laugh! :)

Thank you both for explaining what the primary purpose of this mod is all about - I appreciate it a lot. I’d seen this mod countless times on the Modhub, but had no clue exactly what it was for & always wondered. I simply thought that maybe it was for adjusting the cutting height as one would adjust the cutting height on a lawn mower to cut lower or cut higher for various reasons, or in the case of FS19 & harvesting, lower it and gain a bit more crop as a result (that was the best guess theory I could come up with on my own).

@ raran = for us console folks without all of the endless options available to us that exist for PC FS19’ers, no kidding on how this mod can throw a bit of extra fun into the mix when one’s in the mood for some fun farming diversity for something different. :)

Again, thanks very much to each of you for your replies, I appreciate it very much! :)
Happy farming! *thumbsup*
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I primarily use it for when you are harvesting through a ditch or something like that, and you need to raise it only partially to avoid shoving it into the ground.
PS4farmhand

Post by PS4farmhand »

I remember seeing a similar mod for cultivators and plows.... its not on modhub so I must have seen it on a mods in testing video. That would be cool to use as well. If it was available that is.
Farming on FS19 🚜
On console, PS4🎮
Taking donations for an epic PC 🤑
Hmm.... Guess that's it. :hmm:
Oh.. I love emojis 🤪
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Farmercaseih wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:18 pm I primarily use it for when you are harvesting through a ditch or something like that, and you need to raise it only partially to avoid shoving it into the ground.
That was the actual intended purpose of the mod, to give a way to raise a header slightly that is dragging on the ground on some maps. It just happened to add a side benefit for all but mostly consoles since we can't edit xml files (maybe a good thing I'm on console).

Don't know if I said it but keep in mind you can harvest with the mod headers at any speed up to max speed of the combine. When I first used mod I didn't like going 26mph down a field and set the cruise around 12-15 and go. It also doesn't work for hired helpers from the game they will still only go 6mph, but I guess in a way that's still going pretty fast (I think it was Cole the Corn Star who had to slow down to like 2mph to try to harvest this year).
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

I am on PC so I don't have the modded set of headers so my speed is still restricted, and I believe he had to go slower than that, more like 1.2 or something
Farmhohotree

Post by Farmhohotree »

raran wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:55 am It serves no ingame purpose really but for many people it adds to immersion as in real life there's never a fieldwhere all the crop is exactly the same height.
It does serve a purpose, it makes you harvest faster
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And allows for obstacle avoidance.
And some header/harvester combos don’t work well, Custom Modding CR90x0 and the 45ft in game Draper don’t get along very well due to how it’s set up.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Farmercaseih wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 am I am on PC so I don't have the modded set of headers so my speed is still restricted, and I believe he had to go slower than that, more like 1.2 or something
It was very disheartening seeing almost all the yt farmers I watch deal with it.
Let's get some cows!
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

We were lucky we just had spots hit hard by the deracho. Two years ago was way worse for us. We had to put a real on. The drought hurt us more than anything this year. So far 3 bad years in a row.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.