FS19 & PS5 Console

REN56

FS19 & PS5 Console

Post by REN56 »

Hi all,

Question(s) regarding FS19 and Sony PS5 Console....

Are there any PS5 console owners/users among the FS19 community here? If I’m not mistaken, ‘MrSealyP’ is running FS19 on a PS5. Anyone else?

My wife & I have new PS5 consoles that we just purchased earlier this afternoon with an expected arrival/delivery of sometime next week. Just thought I’d ask to be prepared and know what to expect.

Does anyone here currently run FS19 on a PS5? If so, any “bugs” to watch for or is it all smooth sailing (no problems, no glitchy bugs, etc.)? Did GIANTS happen to make a PS5 “patch” (for lack of exactly what better to call it) for FS19 for the PS5 to for compatibility and/or to allow FS19 to take advantage of *any* of the features of the PS5 (I doubt it, but it doesn’t hurt to ask),while they’re theoretically very busy working on creating additional FS19 DLC as well as working on the next FS series game version made for the latest-gen Xbox & PlayStation console systems?

Many thanks in advance for any/all replies.

Happy farming everyone! *thumbsup*
Life is too short... smile & be happy!
PS5 & PS4 Pro > FS22 & FS19 & FS17
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
DMZ Commander

Re: FS19 & PS5 Console

Post by DMZ Commander »

PS5 consoles....plural...you got two?!
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
REN56

Post by REN56 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:17 am PS5 consoles....plural...you got two?!
Mmhmm, two, one for me and one for her... “his & hers” PS5s.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I don't think giants made any update for it. Fsclub runs the new Xbox and says the graphics were better.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:19 am Fsclub runs the new Xbox and says the graphics were better.
That’s good to hear! Maybe that’ll also turn out to be true for FS19 on PS5, too, hopefully.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If you watch some of the first ps5 videos from MrSealyP he coments on his thoughts on fs19 on it.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
GrimGandalf

Post by GrimGandalf »

I’m also curious to know if any of the lag you get when running a few workers each in multiplayer is reduced on PS5?
PS4, XBOX X & PC Video Game Farmer
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Please keep us posted with your experiences once you get your consoles and are up and running. Good luck!
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Also following this...my plan is it get a ps5 soon when they get restocked more
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
REN56

Post by REN56 »

Noraf wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:58 pm If you watch some of the first ps5 videos from MrSealyP he coments on his thoughts on fs19 on it.
Thanks Noraf... I’ll go try to find some of those and watch them.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:14 pm Please keep us posted with your experiences once you get your consoles and are up and running. Good luck!
Will do, Farmboss, will do... and thanks, some extra good luck is always a good thing to have with these types of transitions. Hoping for it all to go smoothly... *fingers crossed*.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

REN56 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:01 am Did GIANTS happen to make a PS5 “patch” (for lack of exactly what better to call it) for FS19 for the PS5 to for compatibility and/or to allow FS19 to take advantage of *any* of the features of the PS5 (I doubt it, but it doesn’t hurt to ask),while they’re theoretically very busy working on creating additional FS19 DLC as well as working on the next FS series game version made for the latest-gen Xbox & PlayStation console systems?

Many thanks in advance for any/all replies.

This is a quote from Stegei from Giants from the 29-9-20 in a previous discussion.

"There will be no update for the LS19 when the new consoles are released. In general, the LS19 should benefit from improved loading times, more stable frame rates, etc. without an update being offered (whether a new console is worthwhile is of course another question). There is no information about what follows later. The next version of the LS will certainly have specific improvements on the new consoles compared to the old ones, but this will not come to the launch of the new consoles either"
REN56

Post by REN56 »

GrimGandalf wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:41 pm I’m also curious to know if any of the lag you get when running a few workers each in multiplayer is reduced on PS5?
GrimGandalf - unfortunately I’m not likely to be very helpful with either of these issues... I don’t use AI helpers very much, and not multiple ones at the same time... and I haven’t done multiplayer on FS19. My guess would be that things would be at least a little bit better though on PS5 than PS4 for either/both, I’d hope so at least.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

@ norfolk farmer - Thanks very much, norfolk farmer... that sounds very consistent to what little I’ve heard about how FS19 performs on PS5 and the new Xbox.
Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19
REN56

Post by REN56 »

As promised... here are some comments relative to my experience so far with FS19 on the PS5 after several days... hope this helps others that may be wondering, as I did, what the FS19/PS5 experience might be like.

First, let me quickly say that the PS4 Pro was/is a noticeably significant improvement in my opinion in overall performance with everything over the PS4 in everyday real-world usage based on my own experiences having a PS4 before the PS4 Pro... well worth the cost of upgrading from a PS4 to a PS4 Pro, no question at all about it. If I were running a PS4, and didn’t want to switch to any of the Xbox options or PC, I’d grab a PS4 Pro for a noticeable overall upgrade if a PS5 or Xbox X simply weren’t options to do anytime soon.

Now for the jump from a PS4 Pro to a PS5 from what I’ve experienced so far with general real-world usage:
* increased upload & download speeds via Ethernet as well as WiFi for Internet/network (CAT8 Ethernet cables are on the way & should offer some additional performance boost with upload/download speeds, since I’m on a 1GB fiber optics internet plan)
* everything loads faster
* super-quiet (like *so* quiet that I only know it’s on/running due to the lights) - nothing yet has forced cooling fans to shift into faster/higher speed

Now moving specifically to what I’ve experienced with the PS5 and FS19 as compared to my PS4 Pro and FS19:
* FS19 loads faster
* moving around on ModHub is much faster/smoother
* FS19 runs noticeably smoother (smooth as silk) without any sense of lag or stutter etc. whatsoever caused by having too many things placed in the same area (exact same map setup was causing some laggy sluggish movement on PS4 Pro on one particular map location where I had a bunch of vehicles & buildings all clustered together, for example)
* FS19 hasn’t caused the cooling fans to kick in to a higher speed at any time (even after hours of non-stop use)
* FS19 looks noticeably better in every way (graphics), sharper, crisper, more vibrant, more “pop”... metallic surfaces & colors look extra wow & chrome looks extra wow, etc. -&- lighting, shading, etc. all look better at any given time throughout the day or night, all textures look better (including ground & crop textures)
* FS19 - wow on the draw distance difference on a map - everything visible as the eye would see it complete from corner-to-corner, edge-to-edge - everything shows up clearly - without the least bit of any sort of lag, sluggishness, hesitation, or reduction in quality or performance

No question at all - FS19 *definitely* does look - and perform - noticeably better overall on the PS5. *thumbsup*
I’m sure the same is true for running FS19 on the latest Xbox X console system as well.

Xbox Series X > FS19
PC > FS19