How do I find good mods?

Bobby Eelqhe

How do I find good mods?

Post by Bobby Eelqhe »

Hey y'all fellow farmers,

I was wondering how I can find some good mods? I know quit some website with mods but they just have endless pages of mods without really giving information about the mods.

I'm looking for some bigger equipments, like a faste tractor, a bigger truck for transportation and some bigger harvesting machine. But how do I find those mods without browsing endless hours through hundreds of pages of mods that rarely give detailed information on them?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby
DEERE317

Re: How do I find good mods?

Post by DEERE317 »

Yesmods.com
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

I prefer FS19.net They usually have some descriptions and/or stats if the modder listed them.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I thoroughly disagree, going on there everyone of the mods I saw (didn’t look thoroughly over it) was stolen off of the GIANTS Modhub, including those descriptions.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

RED_Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm I prefer FS19.net They usually have some descriptions and/or stats if the modder listed them.
That is one of the many sites out there that steals from the original download. They will take a modder's mod and reupload it to their site, then it will credit them for the download instead of the modder. FS19.net, fs19.org, any of those sites with fs19 or ls19 in them are not credible. The most credible sites out there are farming-simulator.com, yesmods.com (provides link to original download), mod-network.com (most original links are uploaded here, modders have slowly moved towards it), or the appropriate Facebook page of a modder (i.e. JHHG Modding, Custom Modding, Siid Modding, etc.)
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 am
RED_Smith wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:28 pm I prefer FS19.net They usually have some descriptions and/or stats if the modder listed them.
That is one of the many sites out there that steals from the original download. They will take a modder's mod and reupload it to their site, then it will credit them for the download instead of the modder. FS19.net, fs19.org, any of those sites with fs19 or ls19 in them are not credible. The most credible sites out there are farming-simulator.com, yesmods.com (provides link to original download), mod-network.com (most original links are uploaded here, modders have slowly moved towards it), or the appropriate Facebook page of a modder (i.e. JHHG Modding, Custom Modding, Siid Modding, etc.)
Non-existent like button smashed into smaller piece than a corn kernel in a KP.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:39 am
Dairydeere wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:20 am
Non-existent like button smashed into smaller piece than a corn kernel in a KP.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
raran

Post by raran »

DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:36 am I thoroughly disagree, going on there everyone of the mods I saw (didn’t look thoroughly over it) was stolen off of the GIANTS Modhub, including those descriptions.

So you didn't look thouroughly but ALL mods are stolen. :lol:

I know for a fact that's not true because Giants don't make 16x maps which are also released there.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

I tend to stick to the official modhub with an occasional foray into Yesmods. Unfortunately OP, if you are after a particular piece of kit you need to do the research and spend those hours looking for what you need. I know I've ended up spending most of my allocated FS time searching for something I want on many occasions!

The only good thing about lockdown is now my allocated FS time is a lot, lot longer :biggrin2:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

raran wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am
DEERE317 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:36 am I thoroughly disagree, going on there everyone of the mods I saw (didn’t look thoroughly over it) was stolen off of the GIANTS Modhub, including those descriptions.

I know for a fact that's not true because Giants don't make 16x maps which are also released there.
The first few were Modhub mods, the rest were stolen from elsewhere. I've been around all of these F/LS19_______.net/.comsites to know most everything is stolen. And don't get me started on DLC theft.
Guil

Post by Guil »

raran wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am

The point is all these websites simply re-upload mods that are hosted elsewhere
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And then profit off of them from an extreme amount of ads and using either sharemods or uploaded. Both of which are terrible for end downloader.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Oh, and there is also kingmods.net. That's a reputable site

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!