MF 135 farm, what implements?

Yeahrightio

MF 135 farm, what implements?

Post by Yeahrightio »

Is it just me or does it feel right to farm with just a 135 MF?

I thought about it yesterday, and it seems like a good challenge. So I bought a 135 with cabin, FEL, etc but what would be good to put behind it?

I've got a small amazone seeder to go with it, but I need suggestions for a plough, cultivator, spreader, sprayer, and some other equipment.

What would you say goes behind a 135?
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DEERE317

Re: MF 135 farm, what implements?

Post by DEERE317 »

Ferguson pack? Should be able to pull a 3 bottom.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:40 pm Ferguson pack? Should be able to pull a 3 bottom.
+1
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

The in game Kuhn 14 wheel rake also should work, along with the modded wheel rakes, 4 basket tedders, belt rake/Tedder, small square balers.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:14 am Is it just me or does it feel right to farm with just a 135 MF?

I thought about it yesterday, and it seems like a good challenge. So I bought a 135 with cabin, FEL, etc but what would be good to put behind it?

I've got a small amazone seeder to go with it, but I need suggestions for a plough, cultivator, spreader, sprayer, and some other equipment.

a parade float
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Hmm, so the Ferguson pack would be the go, I never looked into it. That's something I'll look into for a plough, it also has a Tipper and saw bench doesn't it?

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

There are some nice Vicon implements on the ModHub which should work well too, including a couple of fertiliser spreaders, tedder and windrower.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

How about this? Late 70's personified :)

The Marston is great but I'd give a lot for a Weeks 3 ton trailer!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

The late 80s are very, very late 70s. :D

Fourth tractor I ever drove was a 135. Essentially a yard tractor by then, I was relegated to that for leading bales (1 at a time with that!) if my usual International (not Case at that point) 956XL (2WD) was needed for grain hauling.

Not my favourite, with its metal seat, simple cushion and green and clearish plastic covered cab, given my usual home had a relatively comfy bouncy seat with radio and cassette player! Ah, Atlantic 252 or R.E.M.'s Eponymous cassette (which I think I've still got in the loft). Still, there was a lot to like about the stripped back and basic 135.

That same tractor is still in operation. Well, but in operation I mean it's exposed to the elements, has nuts and bolts stored on the seat, needs bump starting as the starter motor as seized and is only used to muck out a single shed through the winter as the more modern machines won't fit.

I also drove a Case IH 956XL (4WD) and Massey Ferguson 690 before this.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

1970s/80s, it all merges into one when you are my age :)

The MF135 was the general duties tractor when I grew up, with the mighty 178 multi-power ploughing with three furrows, unless the Triple-D was brought over with its FOUR furrows. One of the 135's ended up being used for mowing the cricket outfield on village green, and that exhaust sound takes me back to Friday summer nights, Radio Caroline on 319m and Made in Japan.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

Yeahrightio wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:14 am Is it just me or does it feel right to farm with just a 135 MF?

I've just started a new save on No Man's Land with a 135. As DEERE317 said, the Ferguson pack has plenty of gear you can use and the 135 will pull the Ferguson 5 furrow plough easily. Also the Lizard S043/2 is a good little seeder. There was a very small Vicon fertiliser spreader on modhub but it seems to have gone, but the two current small Vicons are usable with the 135 if you have a front weight. The Lizard HS-400L is a good little sprayer.

I'm using the Metalfach Z562 bailer (needs 50hp but the 135 pulls it no problem) and the Harrow 5 cultivator, all of these from the Giants modhub.

I do however have a £15k GPS in my 135 as I hate playing the game without it!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

There is also the Massey Ferguson 1980 pack (not sure if I got that name right lol) that Adub, Perma are converting over from FS17. I used that a lot in 17, and it's got a great group of implements.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I like bluepainted's set up, that looks pretty cool, and it's a common set up from the 80's.

I think I'll download the Ferguson pack, it seems to be high on everyone's list.
Then I could use the smaller mowers, vicon haybob and the galignanai small square baler for some hay.

There's also a fortschritt small square baler to, the one with the side loader mechanism (author DTP Mario). Is there a trailer suitable for it?

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

I can't wait for the MF 1980 generation pack to, it was wonderful on 17, so I'd like to get my hands one the older 600 series tractors and the MF (Dronningborg) 27 combine from it for my farm to.

- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

The Gallaghani is actually to large, it’s a 3 string baler (look up Freeman Balers) rather than the conventional (where I’m at) 2 string. And the HP needs to truly utilize its capacity are high (2 strings can use all of 120hp+ on the beasts like 1840’s, 348’s, and whatever the big boy NH Hayliner is, and 3 strings are even higher especially as all of them are high capacity along with weighing more than that Massey. The New Holland 378 (or some similar number) along with the modded versions of the previously mentioned 2 string balers could work good.