Precision Farming - Lime Application

chedly_farms

Precision Farming - Lime Application

Post by chedly_farms » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:51 pm

So I am farming and I do a Lime application with Precision Farming installed and soil samples done, yada yada yada. I look on the precision farming map and I'm in the yellow-yellowish green colors. To me I'm thinking, "not great", but "not terrible" either. But as i walk through my field and I get (bad) in red on my ph levels. Should I apply more lime? it seems stupid that I should apply more than one load of lime. Anyone have a some advice for a farmer that just wants to play without having to break out the encyclopedia brittanica to research this stuff.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Osina, 200+ hours
Stone Valley x2, 1 1/2 hours
Marwell Manor Farm, 520 + hours - Retired.....

DMZ Commander

Re: Precision Farming - Lime Application

Post by DMZ Commander » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:36 pm

To my best guess (since ya know giants never actually properly explains anything haha) the colors are the levels (ph, nitrogen, etc). I believe the proper pH has to do with the soil type. As for the whole walking through and it says bad, I'm not sure. I know when I plant soybeans, obviously it doesn't require additional fertilizer, when I walk through the field it says the nitrogen levels are bad, when in fact they're fine for the crop in question
I'm on PC - the superior platform

CowsGoMoo

Re: Precision Farming - Lime Application

Post by CowsGoMoo » Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:47 am

MrSealy covered this. You may have added too much lime and ph is essentially too good, which is bad. I encountered this also on felsyburnn when pf first came out but I don't remember the end result. I haven't been that impressed with pf so still only dabblying with it here and there. I've finally done one harvest cycle on a few fields and have to lime them right away again. Wished I payed more attention to how much lime was used the first time when starting new game to compare.
started with 17 on pc
current PS4 player 17 and 19

CowsGoMooYT on PlayStation