Grimme Potato Pack

CattleMan

Re: Grimme Potato Pack

Post by CattleMan »

Yeahrightio wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:38 am Those smaller planters look good anyway, and the weeders are good to see to.

The last piece of equipment looks interesting, the belt that has a seat on it.

We call that a hog... Here are a couple of videos showing how its used.

https://youtu.be/jofv0Zz8Nqo

https://youtu.be/RsAgvyY2InQ
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

That looks interesting cattleman, those spuds seemed very long in the first video, maybe I'm just used to the Dutch cream we grow here. It would be pretty cool if we could de-stone the fields, hill up rows and then spread straw across the potatoes as we grew them, although that makes it a full time job tending to them.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I wish the heap mechanics were that good.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

Yeahrightio wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:59 pm That looks interesting cattleman, those spuds seemed very long in the first video, maybe I'm just used to the Dutch cream we grow here. It would be pretty cool if we could de-stone the fields, hill up rows and then spread straw across the potatoes as we grew them, although that makes it a full time job tending to them.
That first video was filmed about an hour north of where I live... The company from the second video is located about 30 mins south of me. And Spudnik Equipment is manufactured 30 mins east of me... I used to work as a welder at Spudnik years ago. Spudnik makes the largest potatoe equipment in the world. Last time I worked harvest was several years ago, at that time we were digging 16 rows at a time, could load a 10 wheeler truck bed in less than 90 seconds... Thats roughly 30 to 35 thousand U.S. pounds of potatoes in less than 1.5 mins.
Ride the wind and shoot the stars. Why chase your dreams when you can live them?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I was going to say why are they using the belts at the field? Then I know why, are they cleaning the spuds there and then? Like what the sugarbeet thingy does in fs19?
CattleMan

Post by CattleMan »

eric21 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 11:58 am I was going to say why are they using the belts at the field? Then I know why, are they cleaning the spuds there and then? Like what the sugarbeet thingy does in fs19?
Large potatoes farms often times have storage cellars in several locations, usually within close proximity to the fields. The potatoes are stored there until they are sold to a processor or a fresh pack warehouse. For the most part potatoes are not really cleaned at all unless they are to be packaged and sold to a grocery store, even then they are only given a water bath. Potatoes that go to a processimg facilty to be made into say fries or chips or some other form of processed potatoe product are washed much more extensively by the processor immediately before being processed.
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Will i be able to get this for free since i have the premium edition or no
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Since Premium Edition is Base Game + Season Pass yes.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

But does this count? Since it ain't a Giants dlc.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Good point
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
Guil

Post by Guil »

Chris was asked and said yes it is included
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Found this on steam :
The Grimme Equipment Pack will be available January 26 on PC and Mac. If you own the Premium Edition or the Season Pass for Farming Simulator 19, you'll be able to download the DLC for free when it releases.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

Hard pass. More small equipment and this time for a crop I don't think I've ever planted.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

eric21

Post by eric21 »

Getting welker farms set up and sandy bay for this dlc:)