Realistic Seeders mod

Drmattymd

Realistic Seeders mod

Post by Drmattymd »

Anybody else using the realistic seeders mod and notice the seed pallets decay overnight? I'm not talking about realistic seed usage mod.
Playing on PC and PS4
norfolk farmer

Re: Realistic Seeders mod

Post by norfolk farmer »

I've been using it since it came out and I've not had that happen, do pallets disappear entirely or the fill levels go down ?
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Using it since a while and never had this problem. I have Sugarbeets seed pallets since 3 or 4 year and they are at the same level...
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

The fill levels went down drastically. I bought a few pallets each of corn, soybeans, and grass to stock up for spring planting and placed them in the shed. The next morning I was driving by the shed and looked over and noticed the pallets looked shorter. Sure enough they were seriously depleted
Playing on PC and PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Or I'm gonna have a fat herd of rats running around.. :lol:
Playing on PC and PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Apparently it's just a visual glitch, if I move the pallet to where it starts filling the "bags" reappear. Also one time I start the game they are normal, and then the next time they're depleted.
Now that that's resolved, what are your opinions on the capacity of said pallets? There are 36 bags or bushels per pallet, visually. But the capacity of soybeans for example is only 320 liters which is like 9 bushels or thereabouts.
Playing on PC and PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Unless I'm getting a conflict with either Real Life Numbers mod or unit convert because I just checked the xml and it says the capacity is 2100 for soybeans, but in the store it says 320.
Playing on PC and PS4
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:05 am Unless I'm getting a conflict with either Real Life Numbers mod or unit convert because I just checked the xml and it says the capacity is 2100 for soybeans, but in the store it says 320.
I have sorted this one out with Drmattymd. But just so others understand. The default volume of seed pallets with the realisticSeeder mod is 2100 L. For some crops this is an enourmus amout of seed and can cost more than 100.000 € in real life. For this reason RealLifeNumbers downscales the volume of each seed pallet, so you get enough seeds to seed about 3 ha. So for Canola and sugarbeet the pallet volume is as low as 20 L while for barley, oat and wheat it is 660 - 780 L. The user of RealLifeNumbers can adjust the pallet volume by increasing the field area per pallet from 3 hectares to other values.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

kahfs wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:27 pm
Drmattymd wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:05 am Unless I'm getting a conflict with either Real Life Numbers mod or unit convert because I just checked the xml and it says the capacity is 2100 for soybeans, but in the store it says 320.
I have sorted this one out with Drmattymd. But just so others understand. The default volume of seed pallets with the realisticSeeder mod is 2100 L. For some crops this is an enourmus amout of seed and can cost more than 100.000 € in real life. For this reason RealLifeNumbers downscales the volume of each seed pallet, so you get enough seeds to seed about 3 ha. So for Canola and sugarbeet the pallet volume is as low as 20 L while for barley, oat and wheat it is 660 - 780 L. The user of RealLifeNumbers can adjust the pallet volume by increasing the field area per pallet from 3 hectares to other values.
Yes, its working much better now however, even after changing the value of how many hectares per pallet, the pallet value still caps out at 1000L. But using the seed types introduced by Realistic Seeders, I was able to edit the xml's of few other brand name seed pallets to consist of only one type of seed. So now I have multiple options of seed to choose from
Playing on PC and PS4
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

@kahfs:

(FS19_RealLifeNumbers 1.2.3.8 in use)

Miscanthus (at least) is still not inside Real Life Numbers mod and creates weird contracts.
For example I get an offer to sow miscanthus on a 25.46 ha field with a payment of 74697€ - seems high because I'm used to way lower payment numbers with FS19_BetterContracts together with FS19_RealLifeNumbers (US_Heartland in this case).
But on the other hand, the cost for the needed 72737 liters of seed_miscanthus (Realistic Seeder 2.0.2.0) would be 137970€ for 73x 1000l pallets for 1890€ each.

As the changelog for Real Life Numbers 1.2.3.8 from around Oct 2,2020 says
Adaptations to cooperate with realisticSeeder by Ifko[nator].
As Realistic Seeder 2.0.2.0 was released before that date I don't understand why (at least) miscanthus is not part of it yet.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​
El Narizon

Post by El Narizon »

FYI I just copied the values and config blocks from "INCARASE_GRASS" and used them for HORSEGRASS, PASTUREGRASS and MISCANTHUS.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Manche sagen "wer lesen kann, ist klar im Vorteil". Viele nutzen dieses Zitat, um sich über andere lustig zu machen, ohne den Inhalt des genutzten Zitats zu verstehen. Und da ist er schon, der ironisch-paradoxe Knackpunkt. Es reicht nicht, nur lesen zu können. Das kann jeder Nicht-Analphabetiker. Den Inhalt verstehen, darum geht es.​