Courseplay is driving me NUTS!

Demonitron

Courseplay is driving me NUTS!

Post by Demonitron »

So, as I try to hold back the expletives...Courseplay...

What the hell is it I am doing wrong here?

I have two teaming combines that won't maintain 100m distance & are constantly running into each other.

I have a tractor set to unload both harvesters that either decides to park right in the path of one of them or just completely, and I mean completely, ignore the course and go off on it's own, running into a harvester, tree or the side of my silo. Then it won't go unload the harvester half the time, have 50% set for course start and...at passed 80...it sits there...engine running in spite of having "Fuel Save" enabled.

I've spent two days now trying to harvest the huge field I ploughed out on the right hand side of the map and it just plain doesn't work. Hell it would've been faster for me to just do it with the regular AI helpers going from opposite sides of the field with me unloading manually!

I read/see a lot of people having nothing but praise for FS19's Courseplay...but...I'm' afraid not I. It's next to useless.

FS17's Courseplay? Was a small miracle.

What happened? Am I being especially dense? Is it just broken beyond all buggery?

::EDIT::
Here is a fantastic example of nearly every problem in one screenshot. Harvesters nowhere near 100m apart and the tractor, after emptying the harvester on the right cut straight across in the path of it on the way to the one on the left, blocking the right hand harvester and causing everything to come to a shuddering halt. After this happened I ragequit. Again.
https://imgur.com/2GscJIf
ChiefContractor

Re: Courseplay is driving me NUTS!

Post by ChiefContractor »

I have that problem. Mine seems to be attracted to driving into the cow shed, but then again im carting silage with 7 tractors
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Is your tractor set to avoid fruit? Your combine isn’t in that picture otherwise it wouldn’t swing the auger over crop but if your tractor is it’s only going to unload when they are going the other way. That’s what looks like is happening here, the tractor is stopping before the crop and the second combine is pushing him through into it. It also helps to run the unload priority as fill level not distance. As for the combines working this way it’s just easier with courseplay right now to make two separate courses from the same corner of the field one clockwise one counterclockwise and take your headlands off then start them both in the middle of the field and work away from each other. It’s a much more ai friendly pattern from what I have discovered.
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

Mwal wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:48 pm Is your tractor set to avoid fruit?
Nope, not set to avoid. The field is so huge the harvester can't make it from one side to the other without needing to be emptied so neither the harvesters or the tractor are set for avoidance.

But I haven't tried the separate courses option yet, will give that a go when I have calmed down enough to get back on the farm. :mrgreen:
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

If they are set to avoid, the combine will do a cutout to make space for the tractor just before getting full
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

^this and it seems to work better with the combine set to avoid for me.
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

Also make sure combines, tractor have vehicle convoy active in CP settings. You can adjust 100m distance to more space between. I have had mine up to 200m distance. May or may not fix issue. Have a pleasant day?
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

Dorsai wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:16 pm Also make sure combines, tractor have vehicle convoy active in CP settings. You can adjust 100m distance to more space between. I have had mine up to 200m distance. May or may not fix issue. Have a pleasant day?
Combines are already set to convoy mode, one set to the left and one to the right. Distance is already set to 100m, doesn't seem to make the damnedest bit of difference.

Looking at the settings? Things should work.

But, they just don't.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Maybe try asking RDAllen in one of his videos comment sections. He uses CP a lot.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

This seems as though it's become the 2020's version of "Google it" .... but I've always found the team helpful on their Discord.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

Do the combines you're using have the right traffic collisions set up? If you open the console right after you generate the course it might tell you they dont
Playing on PC and PS4
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Demonitron wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:23 pm
So, if it's the issue I think you're describing and the combines will not stay far enough apart when on vehicle convoy, then that's a known issue with a version of Courseplay that has been identified by a few members of the Kederk Farms discord. What Courseplay version are you using? I think either backtracking versions or updating may provide a fix
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Demonitron

Post by Demonitron »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:46 pm What Courseplay version are you using? I think either backtracking versions or updating may provide a fix
At the moment I'm on 6.03.00023, I was on a slightly earlier version until yesterday, updated in the hopes it would solve my woes...and yet they persist. :(
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

.00030 is latest though
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Demonitron wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:31 am
Dairydeere wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:46 pm What Courseplay version are you using? I think either backtracking versions or updating may provide a fix
At the moment I'm on 6.03.00023, I was on a slightly earlier version until yesterday, updated in the hopes it would solve my woes...and yet they persist. :(
Yes, that's the version Kederk and a few others ran into issues on. I would try 6.03.00019, I know that has worked for me, but I haven't used multiple tools yet. .00020-22 were bug fixes and not as reliable
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!