Oxygendavid

Lastofthebreed

Re: Oxygendavid

Post by Lastofthebreed »

BostonJohnny1226 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:36 pm I feel that Giants has forgotten at times that it's modders like OxygenDavid and BulletBill for example--there's WAY too many to name-- who have had a DIRECT impact on the popularity and playerbase growth over the years. I probably wouldn't be playing this game if it weren't for the mods these people do.

Over the years, some great mods have changed the game, and now, are part of the base game itself. For example, back with FS15 I think it was, a modder with the name of Decker (can't remember full name) came out with "Soil Management" I think it was, which introduced Lime and Weeds into the game and had a great impact on the game and how you played it. Then CoursePlay and Seasons came along and added whole new levels to the game. I see them them, or variations thereof, being added into the base game pretty soon.

If it weren't for the mods, I seriously doubt I would have been playing this series for so long. At times, I think Giants forgets WHO has helped them to get to where they are today and where they could be without them in the future.
This exactly. Vanilla FS just doesn’t hold my attention. It’s the modders who make the game fun and Giants should embrace that not push back on it. As a console player I never expected to see maps based on real world locations and the game changing seasons mod available to me in FS17. To be fair, Giants deserved a ton of credit for working with modders so closely then. But now it feels like the reverse is true.
Dorsai

Post by Dorsai »

Well said, what is done is done, perhaps time will heal rift, perhaps not. All we can do is learn from what has happened. I have read thru posts, i chose to not to post until now as i felt like it was continuing to beat on a dead horse.
Back in the day:
Owner/operator L Lazy M Hereford Ranch
Plays FS22 on a pc
"Put on a cowboy hat lose your mind" :hi:
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Dorsai wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:01 pm Well said, what is done is done, perhaps time will heal rift, perhaps not. All we can do is learn from what has happened. I have read thru posts, i chose to not to post until now as i felt like it was continuing to beat on a dead horse.
Exactly there’s nothing more to be done as you said time and a learning experience
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
joebonamassa15

Post by joebonamassa15 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:13 pm I and many others have criticized GIANTS for their lack of communication which spawns many problems.
And we all should think about this as knowing what is going on is important but refrain from just simply bashing GIANTS and/or modders as so many YouTube commenters and Facebook commenters seem to do, we should watch and listen and listen but let them figure it out.
Would you be prepared to release Chellington as you’re last mod for console? I can understand why you wish not to post stuff on mod hub anymore but it’s sad that us console players won’t get to play it, and it’s also sad as it did have intended console release.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I’m not Oxy.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

j_maybury wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:40 am This is what D J Goham said to me when I asked for his opinion on the matter.
I knew he would stay quiet on the matter as would Daggerwin, Simul8, and the rest of them, as it would be like cutting their own throats, as they all receive DLC's free and before everyone ells, so that they can put the video on YouTube just before launch, and I can't blame them for that, but let's face it their hands are tied.
Maybe they stay quiet because they're smart?
People create an opinion based on the information they have. Since these YouTubers don't know all the ins and outs, just like us, so they just keep their mouths shut on the matter and leave it up to the two parties involved.
Ignorance is bliss
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That’s probably why.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

Oxy is done modding at the moment he has said it himself in his discord he is takeing a break from it the community just needs to leave him be . Giants an oxy have been talking it was just not made public as oxy new what would happen people wouldnt leave it be . The youtubes stay out of it for a reason its got nothing to do with them an there not going to spread lies about the modders or giants as things get twisted just like they have with whats gone on the past few weeks . Ect no release date for said mod or platform info 2 mins later whens it out is it on console which part of no release date an no platform info do people not understand
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Its a shame all this has happened now. I was really excited for OxygenDavid's Calmsden Farm map project. It looked like it had a good chance of getting me back into playing FS again. It looks incredible.

I'm sure everything will get sorted out. For some very obvious reasons people are really struggling at the moment. I've got a few friends who work in the games industry and everyone is working from home just now and finding it really challenging. I suspect all the devs and mod testers at Giants will be having as rough a time of it as anyone else currently in the industry. Presumably they've still got a new game coming out later this year? They'll all be under a lot of pressure.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

iwan073 wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:17 pm Maybe they stay quiet because they're smart?
People create an opinion based on the information they have. Since these YouTubers don't know all the ins and outs, just like us, so they just keep their mouths shut on the matter and leave it up to the two parties involved.
And maybe pigs fly.
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

Hello everybody. We are all guttet about these news about Oxy. As Oxy now has said he is tired and need a break from the community, I will recommend all of you to take a look back to previous work fram Oxy to remind ourself all the great work he has shared with us. I myself took a look back to Sandy Bay 17 and Chellington 17, Fun maps and really fun to look back.
joebonamassa15

Post by joebonamassa15 »

It’s a shame because it’s actually us console players that are loosing out the most here. You PC guys can download from a number of different places, console players rely on mod hub to make the game more interesting... Just a bit of food for thought
Wolf Farming

Post by Wolf Farming »

Chellington 17 was one the 1st modded Map I played and it was first time mods came to console so I was looking forward to and it didn’t disappoint so for me i have fond memories of it I can’t remember how many hours I clocked up on it but it must of been a heck of a lot. In the end I moved away from console and onto pc due to mod restrictions but I still rate as one one my all time favourite maps on fs17
Steam: Grey Wolf
Pc only
Farming simulator 15,17,19,22
Currently playing: court farm
Fav tractor: challenger John Deere
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Chellington 17 was the first mod map released on consoles because Giants asked David's help to make it. Now they turn their backs on the person whom they asked for his help once. There are no two ways about this. If there were, surely someone from Giants would have already told us. But it is what it is and it is ugly. This will just be another permanent stain on Giants score board with the community.
PS5 / FS22
Harada

Post by Harada »

RODHA wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:44 pm Chellington 17 was the first mod map released on consoles because Giants asked David's help to make it. Now they turn their backs on the person whom they asked for his help once. There are no two ways about this. If there were, surely someone from Giants would have already told us. But it is what it is and it is ugly. This will just be another permanent stain on Giants score board with the community.
And as already been stated the only ones who suffer are console players, so maybe "don't bite the hand that feeds you" would be appropriate when console players are considering purchasing anything from Giants in the future.
XBox Series S