Oxygendavid

DEERE317

Re: Oxygendavid

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:34 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:33 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:09 pm

There are so many incomplete gameplay functions that it's mind blowing. That is as EA as it gets.
Does GIANTS intentionally give video games a bad rep for the entire industry to attempt to sell games?
Sorry, I misinterpreted EA as "Early Access", rather than the game studio Electronic Arts.
I love the enter net... any combination can mean any number of things... :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Mobias wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:26 pm Comparisons with other games studios not withstanding it seems like Giants need to employ an HR department thats sole duty to deal with the modding community so everyone is kept happy and on board.
Didn't Giants used to have a community manager who posted here quite regularly addressing various issues?

Its tempting to say all this recent stuff can be excused on the grounds that everyone has been having a tough old time of it lately so tempers are short and staff are under undue pressure but its pretty clear there's been similar problems to this that predate the current pandemic situation. I guess Giants need to really consider what they want from the modding community and how do they regard it? Do they see modders as a partner that they rely on that needs to be kept on board and managed properly or are they a bit of hinderance that causes them grief and that needs to be kept in check?
Could not agree more
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

wombles wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:37 pm I agree Mobias. Though i do think they need to get some QA tester's, so they can process the mods correctly. It's no use having secretary's running the mods through a program to check for spelling mistakes, one mistake at a time. Go figure how that is productive.
Definitely. Considering the fact that from the moment a new FS is released the game is really in the hands of the modders to develop and support you'd think there would be a big department in Giants given over to liaising with the community, testing mods and helping modders out when needed.

As I said a few pages back I've recently got really into playing the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 which developed by a French company called Asobo Studios. I'm so impressed by how the modding community is dealt with there. Its all done so professionally. I guess the big difference is modding for flight sims is big business. Flight simmers are used to paying a lot of money for aircraft, aircraft add ons and scenery packs. Its a bit of a different world. In some ways I can see why Giants haven't gone down that particular road but they would do well to have the same level of openness and being constructive and helpful with those that are supporting their product.
wombles

Post by wombles »

Your most certainly on the money there Mobias, i'm into Hearts of Iron made by Paradox, they could stand on their own feet with out modder's if they so wished, but they support the modders, and as you say liaise with them and help them where needed. They even run a modder of the year award, with prizes.
Datalund

Post by Datalund »

wombles wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:11 pm They even run a modder of the year award, with prizes.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/modCo ... ge=results

https://www.farming-simulator.com/modCo ... age=prizes
Eiersholt support discord: https://discord.gg/qbdhxEp
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And FS can stand on its own without mods, believe it or not people find enjoyment without them. :shock:
Heck the guy that got me into it has played without mods on Xbox 360 for years.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:57 am In other news, I've read this thread and it seems that there's not much constructive parts to it. I think we need to calm down some...and talk about the weather :biggrin2:
One sec..

Its not at all torment. Having work the field and earn that money when we can't hire a dumb worker is a challenge instead of telling course play to do everything, sit back and watch.

Well its good hoodie weather in the mid 40s but fog rolled in.. no wait thats Lone Oak 17 seasons.
We are supposed to get winter weather, so a light dusting of 3-9 I've heard so far over thursday/friday. Will have to get the broom out.
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mobias wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:05 pm
wombles wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:37 pm I agree Mobias. Though i do think they need to get some QA tester's, so they can process the mods correctly. It's no use having secretary's running the mods through a program to check for spelling mistakes, one mistake at a time. Go figure how that is productive.
Definitely. Considering the fact that from the moment a new FS is released the game is really in the hands of the modders to develop and support you'd think there would be a big department in Giants given over to liaising with the community, testing mods and helping modders out when needed.

As I said a few pages back I've recently got really into playing the new Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 which developed by a French company called Asobo Studios. I'm so impressed by how the modding community is dealt with there. Its all done so professionally. I guess the big difference is modding for flight sims is big business. Flight simmers are used to paying a lot of money for aircraft, aircraft add ons and scenery packs. Its a bit of a different world. In some ways I can see why Giants haven't gone down that particular road but they would do well to have the same level of openness and being constructive and helpful with those that are supporting their product.
Those are actually professional modding companies, they also mod for other clients including airlines and militaries around the world for simulation
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Vfarms wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:00 pm It would be nice to have a map based in one of those places on console, as they are vastly under represented.
There's nothing stopping you or anyone else creating one. GIANTS could, and should, come up with 1,000 other under-represented locations for a map before attempting another map in North America.

Dairydeere wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:57 am In other news, I've read this thread and it seems that there's not much constructive parts to it. I think we need to calm down some...and talk about the weather :biggrin2:
And once more, as I have for the majority of my life, I refer to the genius of Michael Stipe. One of their simpler and lesser known songs and not one of my favourites, though as relevant as ever in the last few months.
R.E.M. - Pop Song 89 wrote: Should we talk about the weather? (hi, hi, hi)
Should we talk about the government? (hi, hi, hi, hi)
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:52 am
It's the practice of GIANTS to include an American map with every farming simulator they release.

I was referring to their choice of locations for the American maps, not mods released by other people.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Vfarms wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:42 am
It's the practice of GIANTS to include an American map with every farming simulator they release.
I suggest you brush up on your FS history. Most FS releases never launched with an American map.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Most everything since at least 15, and maybe 13 has, and the mobile games have always had a US vibe or are explicitly US.
And Westbridge was the closest to the Agricultural Heartland of US, the Corn Belt. Gold Crest was a very decent compromise to fit all of the features of the game in without them being shoe horned in.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:51 am
Vfarms wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:42 am
I suggest you brush up on your FS history. Most FS releases never launched with an American map.
I can't tell if you are just trolling people at this point or just drunk posting. 4 of 7 PC releases had an American map. All 4 console versions (the last 4 releases) had an American map. And 15, 17, and 19 launched with an American Map.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:51 am
Well let's see...

Fs13: Westbridge Hills
Fs15:Westbridge Hills
Fs17: Goldcrest Valley
Fs19: Ravenport

As far as I can tell, the maps from earlier games had no specific locations. I think it's fair to say that it's considered the practice of the company to release an American map when one had been present in the last four games.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

chedly_farms wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:54 am
I can't tell if you are just trolling people at this point or just drunk posting. 4 of 7 PC releases had an American map. All 4 console versions (the last 4 releases) had an American map. And 15, 17, and 19 launched with an American Map.
😂