Oxygendavid

Harada

Oxygendavid

Post by Harada »

Posted on FB by Oxygendavid

Dear Farming Simulator Community,
Many of you by now are aware of the recent issues regarding Chellington Valley and GIANTS Modhub.
I've been supporting the Modhub with my mod content since December 2016. Sadly, I've seen consistency of the testing decline to the point where simply asking for clarification of an issue results in zero communication.
As of this moment, there has been no communication or desire by the QA Modhub team to resolve anything. Despite myself and the Ambassadors reaching out to GIANTS.
The mod hub team haven't given me any reason at all as to what the issue is regarding permissions. I was made aware of one issue via other sources but have had no detail from them if this was the only reason Chellington was removed or if there are any other reasons for this.
I have spent 1000s of hours creating this map not to mention all the time and effort my testers have put in to testing this map only for it to be listed on rip off sites with badly edited versions instead of being resolved properly.
I've spent the last week giving careful thought of how to proceed. First and foremost, I want to enjoy modding, it has been an enjoyable hobby for me for many years.
However, dealing with the inconsistent testing methods of the Modhub has slowly eroded my enjoyment. I can no longer justify spending hundreds of hours making content, only for it to be failed and refused from uploading anymore.
I have spoken to many other modders who have also experienced the same inconsistencies and share my frustrations.
I am extremely upset and disappointed at the manner in which I have been spoken to given the loyalty I have shown over many years and the fact I worked closely with Giants to release there first mod map on console (chellington) and now in the space of 4 years, this personal communication has been lost to an attitude that now tells me I am wasting their time if things are not 100% perfect after one or two attempts considering the complexity of a map.
As they have now advised me to stop wasting their time, I feel it is no longer worth my time working with them
If I decide to create mods in the future, it will only be for the community as sadly I have lost respect and faith in the modhub Q&A team for the unprofessional manner in which they have dealt with this situation, this was something that could have been resolved quickly and easily with some simple communication
Therefore, as of now I will no longer be supporting the GIANTS Modhub with my content.
I would like to respectfully ask that you don’t join the Giants forum or discord to cause any trouble but if you have genuine concerns with them, please do that do it in a constructive manner.
I would like to thank all of the community who have supported me and appreciated my mod content, it means a lot. I would also like to apologise to the many console players who have supported me as I will not be able to make my content available for console use in the future
I have read everyone’s messages and am overwhelmed with the support you have given me
For now I am going to take some time to decide what to do next.
Regards
Oxygendavid
Last edited by Harada on Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
XBox Series S
AndOnTheDrums

Re: Oxygendavid

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Hey bud -

Sad to read this. Whatever you decide to do next, you’ll have my support, even if I can’t use your content on console. Hopefully this all leads to something better between modders and GIANTS moving forward - we all benefit if it does.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Also should be noted for those reading that it’s a quotation of Oxy.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Also has been posted here by bullet bill before. Threads just keep getting locked.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Biting the hand that feeds you is not a good idea. Maybe record sales has gone to Giants head, and they forget they need the modders more than the modders need them.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Oh we're doing this again...
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:43 am Biting the hand that feeds you is not a good idea. Maybe record sales has gone to Giants head, and they forget they need the modders more than the modders need them.
I held out on FS19. It was hard when I took a peek every now and then at the mods, but 1 mod sold me on buying.....Lone Oak. Oxy converting the map with permission from Bill. I'm still playing that map since 17. Giants should be more forthcoming with some info if how Oxy is saying he has been treated is really "only his side" of story. Otherwise I'm taking his word and I'll find a new genee of game or just say hell with it and let the gaming to my kids. I dont need a new game. I'll just stop following the threads once new game drops and move on. There is plenty of time till next version but I have already resided myself to playing 19 till my ps4 dies
USAcummins

Post by USAcummins »

Waiting for the moderator to pop in and lock this lol....because it's not a "community" problem.....yet so much outrage by the community....
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Whether anyone likes it or not and you can say it over and over again but one way or another the community will make it their problem. Now whether that comes when someone spills the beans on what’s going on like this or when someone goes dark or if they simply just say I’m done modding with no explanation. That’s just the age we live in and different ways we have to voice our opinion. Best to just sit back and enjoy watching everyone fight with a 🍿
redglasses

Post by redglasses »

^^this, this thing is exclusive to giants, look at other game’s communities. If the devs do something to harm popular people in the community the community generally has a problem with it. Idk why people are acting all surprised that the community is getting mad when it happens pretty much everyday in the gaming scene.
Playing Lincoln Creek on PC
Upload your screenshots here: IMG server
My Discord
Remember there is no need to spread your manure around the forums :wink3:
Jack of all trades, master of the skid steer
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

oh wow, almost 5 hours old and still an unlocked post
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Leicesterlichtie

Post by Leicesterlichtie »

I'll give it another couple of hours.

Fs15 on Ps3
Fs17 on Ps4
Fs19 on Ps4
Fs22 on Ps4
Enjoys growing sunflowers
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Here's a shot at being constructive...

Sometimes when I get a little frustrated about only having 4 gig of mod space on my xbox, I have to remind myself that 5 years ago I didn't even have that. FS15 had 3 or 4 bits of DLC and that was it. 3 years ago I was getting my feet wet in the modhub, and as I recall one of the recurring thoughts I had was while it was nice, there was still a lot of cool stuff that was PC only. Now here we are on FS19 and it seems that a large portion of mods released end up on all platforms. My point being that I recognize how far it has come and how much it has changed gameplay in such a short while and that I, for one, feel lucky to have what I have. Not because of any one particular modder, mind you, but rather because of the way it changed for the better. It saddens me to see the current state of affairs in the LS/FS community as a whole with all the strife in it today. It seems posts like these pop up now a few times a day, representing a community issue. My earnest hope is that Giants and the community at large will come together and open the dialog to resolve this. I'm sure it's just part of the "growing pains" of an ever evolving post of this game we're all enjoy, but with a little effort from all sides I believe we can get through this together.

I'll step off my soapbox now and hope that my words have rang true somewhere.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

Perhaps this is the sort of thing that the Giant Community Coordinator should get involved with or at least have the decency to acknowledge there is a problem, instead all we get is silence from Giants and then a moderator locks the thread because it's a one sided conversation. The solution isn't to lock the thread the solution is to engage with the community.

I only came to FS about a year into the life cycle of FS17 and spent over 1000 hrs in game, it had problems but I just couldn't get enough. FS19 came out and I jumped at it but I'm feeling less and less keen on the game, the quality of the MOD checking has gone through the floor and the communications from Giants which seemed to improve after a bad start following the FS19 release has just got worse again.

I'm sorry Oxy is leaving but I feel he won't be the last one to go.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The reason it kept getting locked because there wasnt constructive criticism, just bashing by certain members who do one hit posts and don't listen to David.
Last edited by eric21 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.