Oxygendavid

chedly_farms

Re: Oxygendavid

Post by chedly_farms »

I can understand people are upset at the outcome of this, with a big name modder gone from the console community. But there is always the next modder(s) ready to take the torch. Oxy has inspired a bunch of map maker modders and their work is a shining example of that.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There are approximately 49 unique posters in this thread. Even if all of a modder's discord members and 20,000, or whatever, Facebook followers decided to stop buying the game it won't make a difference. Most people who download mods do not participate in any social media related to a game and will assume that the modder has simply stopped making mods. The world will go on as it always has once the outrage has simmered down and dissipated.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

theSeb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:28 pm There are approximately 49 unique posters in this thread. Even if all of a modder's discord members and 20,000, or whatever, Facebook followers decided to stop buying the game it won't make a difference. Most people who download mods do not participate in any social media related to a game and will assume that the modder has simply stopped making mods. The world will go on as it always has once the outrage has simmered down and dissipated.
"... approximately 49 ..." you couldn't just say 50-ish? :D

The world-wide sales of FS19 are over 2 million, and that's a 2019 stat. it will be more now.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

theSeb wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:28 pm There are approximately 49 unique posters in this thread. Even if all of a modder's discord members and 20,000, or whatever, Facebook followers decided to stop buying the game it won't make a difference. Most people who download mods do not participate in any social media related to a game and will assume that the modder has simply stopped making mods. The world will go on as it always has once the outrage has simmered down and dissipated.
Agreed. Rome is not burning.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

Really? I am still fuming about how they treated Bullet Bill, and Stevie before him, and many others they have rudely ticked off.
VMD100

Post by VMD100 »

Except whilst there are hundreds of modders on the modhub only a few are really universally popular, and if giants is going to alienate these one by one they will be left with a very poor game released this year - Sure there are some fans of the series who will buy whatever drech is published and love it, and there are plenty more who likely never download a mod in their life and like the lifeless stock maps. But for the real fans - those who are likely to download all the DLC, those who actually care what mods are published and go to the nerd like farmcons etc - that watch the farm sim youtubers lets plays etc... To them GIANTS bully boy attitude towards modders has been noted.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

And also most players don’t play the other many/any mods so that impact even for the “universal” modders is even more minimal. When I played 15 I used a lot of Basegame or basegame edits as they performed better on my anemic laptop and I still found enjoyment.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:31 pm And also most players don’t play the other many/any mods so that impact even for the “universal” modders is even more minimal. When I played 15 I used a lot of Base game or base game edits as they performed better on my anaemic laptop and I still found enjoyment.
Maybe so! But you are also aware that you are missing out on something better.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I play with almost all mods now though, just back then using something that wasn’t a performance bomb (even minutely) was important.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

Harada wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:52 pm
RODHA wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:44 pm Chellington 17 was the first mod map released on consoles because Giants asked David's help to make it. Now they turn their backs on the person whom they asked for his help once. There are no two ways about this. If there were, surely someone from Giants would have already told us. But it is what it is and it is ugly. This will just be another permanent stain on Giants score board with the community.
And as already been stated the only ones who suffer are console players, so maybe "don't bite the hand that feeds you" would be appropriate when console players are considering purchasing anything from Giants in the future.
Do you mean if console players keep complaining about this Giants would just decide to stop selling the game for consoles or stop supporting console mods? Or did I just get it completely wrong?
PS5 / FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:44 pm
Really? I am still fuming about how they treated Bullet Bill, and Stevie before him, and many others they have rudely ticked off.
Yes, some people are seemingly always angry over things where they believe their idols have been wronged. We see it happening everywhere from this microcasm to the world at large.

Edit: it's also worth pointing out that despite these incidents that made you so angry the world did in fact continue to spin and people continued to play the game and use mods.
Last edited by theSeb on Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:46 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:31 pm And also most players don’t play the other many/any mods so that impact even for the “universal” modders is even more minimal. When I played 15 I used a lot of Base game or base game edits as they performed better on my anaemic laptop and I still found enjoyment.
Maybe so! But you are also aware that you are missing out on something better.
A large percentage of the players does not use mods at all, so they are not aware they are missing out on something better. The only people who use mods are the ones who keep playing the game, which, in itself, is a small percentage versus the game sales.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

VMD100 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:18 pm
Except whilst there are hundreds of modders on the modhub only a few are really universally popular, and if giants is going to alienate these one by one they will be left with a very poor game released this year - Sure there are some fans of the series who will buy whatever drech is published and love it, and there are plenty more who likely never download a mod in their life and like the lifeless stock maps. But for the real fans - those who are likely to download all the DLC, those who actually care what mods are published and go to the nerd like farmcons etc - that watch the farm sim youtubers lets plays etc... To them GIANTS bully boy attitude towards modders has been noted.
I think "bully boy attitude" is a pretty strong term and shows that you believe only one side to a story. It's better to keep your mind open in such circumstances.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Oxy you will be missed i just hope he still releases calmsden for pc. Anyway i can honestly say i wont be supporting giants by buying their products after along time. I do not call on others to do the same but after all that has happened and it will continue to happening i just dont feel like they deserve my support. I hope that things get better but currently it is what it is.
Jonny3355

Post by Jonny3355 »

giants u are rouning your game losing the modders like oxygendavid if u continue the way u are ur games wont sell like they have with the modders
Xbox one