Dear Giants, I want to feed my cows

chedly_farms

Dear Giants, I want to feed my cows

Post by chedly_farms »

Dear Giants,

I would like to ask you to incorporate feeding cows, "fresh chopped corn" into the next game installment for consoles. To me that would add some more play value to the game and give us players more options to feed cows. It is done in real life at farms across the world, so it would be just adding some more realism to the game. Maybe give it the same productivity of feeding cows, grass. Thank you for reading this.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dairydeere

Re: Dear Giants, I want to feed my cows

Post by Dairydeere »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:11 pm Dear Giants,

I would like to ask you to incorporate feeding cows, "fresh chopped corn" into the next game installment for consoles. To me that would add some more play value to the game and give us players more options to feed cows. It is done in real life at farms across the world, so it would be just adding some more realism to the game. Maybe give it the same productivity of feeding cows, grass. Thank you for reading this.
And it smells better than fermented silage :biggrin2:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

I do hope they will rework all the feeding system.

Fresh corn chopped corn is a most have, but cows needs to ingest a pretty complex mixture to be in top of their productivity.

It's way more than Grass, hay, silage...

Thanks for brigging it
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Miketeg wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:13 pm I do hope they will rework all the feeding system.

Fresh corn chopped corn is a most have, but cows needs to ingest a pretty complex mixture to be in top of their productivity.

It's way more than Grass, hay, silage...

Thanks for brigging it
I'd like to be able to add "high moisture" corn and potatoes to the mix as well for cows. Even if the high moisture part of it is just being able to add harvested corn grain. Ear'lage corn would also be a nice option as well. And while we are at it, console also needs a way to mix pig food.

Guil

Post by Guil »

[Won't Fix]
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

I've raised chickens for close to 13 years and I would never feed my chickens wheat. It has been shown to improve digestion, but I definitely wouldn't feed it exclusively.

Raising chickens (even a smaller backyard flock) is an indepth process, involving such feeds as chick starter/grower, layer crumble or pellets, cracked corn and sometimes high protein game feed.

I would like this to be represented just a little more, as well as being able to water them.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

All of the feeding systems for the animals are incorrect and people from all over feed them differently.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Guil wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:30 pm

[Won't Fix]
"Say it ain't so'oooo"
-Weezer

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Grinder mixers and making the feed it’s own dedicated type would be nice, you can feed all the separate grains to the pigs or mix it and feed the pig food and it increases gain.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

The MaizePlus mods fix some of these issues. It was intimidating at first, but now I don't like to play without it if animals are going to be a major part of the map I'm playing.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

And corn stalk and bean straw base game would also be amazing
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I literally just want to give my chickens corn
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

DMZ Commander wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:15 pm I literally just want to give my chickens corn
If you play with MaizePlus, you can work in the .xml file to add corn for your chicken ;)

I did it.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
CowsGoMoo

Post by CowsGoMoo »

i second Chedley

Kimpak wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:17 pm The MaizePlus mods fix some of these issues. It was intimidating at first, but now I don't like to play without it if animals are going to be a major part of the map I'm playing.
Well good for you pc guys :wink3:
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

CowsGoMoo wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:37 am i second Chedley

Kimpak wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:17 pm The MaizePlus mods fix some of these issues. It was intimidating at first, but now I don't like to play without it if animals are going to be a major part of the map I'm playing.
Well good for you pc guys :wink3:
Well life keeps throw'in you Lemons Dun'it.