Follow Me problems

oakchip

Follow Me problems

Post by oakchip »

Hi guys (and ladies!). I have been having problems harvesting Sugar Cane. As the harvester is a forage type, it needs to be followed with a collection vehicle. The two ways of doing this are either, run the harvester with AI helper and follow with the tractor towing the collection trailer. Or, use Follow Me. I have tried the first with only limited success, as the "AI" seems to stand for 'Artificial *$#%§*'! I have tried the second but find this very frustrating. Follow Me seems to want to turn the tractor following the harvester in towards the harvester colliding with it after a few feet? Has anybody else had this problem and solved it? Also, does anyone know of a good You Tube video instructing you on the use of 'Follow Me', as the mod comes with no instructions! Any help appreciated.
DEERE317

Re: Follow Me problems

Post by DEERE317 »

Did you set the side offset in follow me?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
oakchip

Post by oakchip »

Thanks for reading & replying DEERE317. Yes, I did indeed. The tractor with the collecting trailer follows beside the harvester for about 6 feet, then slowly turns towards the harvester and collides with it. I have the offset to the right of the harvester.
Dubbelklik

Post by Dubbelklik »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUK6BKDikk0

Additionally, if you're on PC you may find CoursePlay more useful.
"Time's fun when you're having flies."

-Kermit the Frog
oakchip

Post by oakchip »

Yes, Dubbelklik, I use it a lot when playing FS17. As I play large maps/lots of fields as a farm manager I rely on it. FS19 is still in beta version, though, and I am trying to install the latest version. Roll on the full version 6 of Courseplay! I am not too sure though, it would help with this situation. But thanks for your reply.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Well, cp have been in beta for several years, and fs versions.
Have you tried using the swt 7 instead?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Sinclaircool

Post by Sinclaircool »

oakchip wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:21 pm Thanks for reading & replying DEERE317. Yes, I did indeed. The tractor with the collecting trailer follows beside the harvester for about 6 feet, then slowly turns towards the harvester and collides with it. I have the offset to the right of the harvester.
Did you set the offset wide enough. What distance did you put
Don't leak mods