Daggerwin

They Caged Non

Daggerwin

Post by They Caged Non »

Firstly apologies if this subject has been done to death already.

I usually watch his let’s play and survival challenge series whilst at work, do you think he is genuinely that bad at the game or is it more to cater for his audience?

I’ve found myself actually getting frustrated watching him make stupid decision after stupid decision, I find it really hard to believe anyone who has played for any length of time can be so inefficient and short sighted when approaching a task.
eric21

Re: Daggerwin

Post by eric21 »

Other really good butbl its called survival for a reason, and he role-playing alot
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

eric21 wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:56 am Other really good butbl its called survival for a reason, and he role-playing alot
But no real life farmer is going to survive by doing stupid stuff like leaving fields with no crop for days on end, putting a potato washer and sorters at different ends of the yard, thus creating more work to harvest them, buying random tractors that are not needed, buying a pointless forklift, not putting fertiliser in the seed drill, messing about with the 1000l water tank for so long, buying an expensive pointless Gator, plonking a silage pit in the middle of a yard nowhere near the BGA sell point so you can conveyor the silage straight in.

That’s just from one series and there is plenty more things too.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Why watch his videos if it frustrates you that much.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I love the internet lmao

I enjoy watching his videos. It's a game. If you're about to give yourself an aneurysm I suggest you stop watching and take a chill pill
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:34 pm I love the internet lmao

I enjoy watching his videos. It's a game. If you're about to give yourself an aneurysm I suggest you stop watching and take a chill pill
Hmmm, can you explain where I said I’m ‘giving myself an Aneurysm’? Typical internet response, attempting to overplay the point someone is making.

I made a simple point that one of the biggest Youtubers out there seems pretty terrible at playing the game, those are just facts, he is terrible at the game. The game is a strategy/simulator type game where you plan your way through building up a farm in the most efficient way possible, with the end goal of earning money. All I wanted to know was if he is genuinely that poor or if there is a bit of play acting going on, it’s kind of like playing FIFA for 5 years and still getting beat 4-0 every game.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

I guess his other 164k subscribers don't think he's as bad as you do but if you are getting frustrated about how he plays the game just use the computers off switch it works a treat.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:06 pm Why watch his videos if it frustrates you that much.
I said I used to enjoy them but now I’m finding them frustrating to watch, am I not allowed to make a point about it? Seeing as his influence in the FS community seems to be so large.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Laughinggravy wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:51 pm I guess his other 164k subscribers don't think he's as bad as you do but if you are getting frustrated about how he plays the game just use the computers off switch it works a treat.
Can you honestly sit there and say he is good at the game? I can’t believe anyone would genuinely think that, and I’m just asking the question here.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

It's a game which anyone can play how they choose and to have 164k subscribers is quite an achievement for someone who you think can't play the game.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

I mean since when was how many subscribers you have a reflection of your ability to do something?
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Just think about your question a little bit. He is acting for his role playing series. Also it doesn't matter where he puts things. Maybe that's the only place it would fit. Also my every seeder has fertilizer in it. We plant seed with no fertilizer in the planter every year irl. Some places need water taking to them to water the animals. The game doesn't have pipes unless using a mod. Also did you know you can't plant crops in the winter, in most places and every day isn't planting or harvesting. That's what he is simulating when leaving the field empty. I'm pretty sure he plays with seasons in that role play. Also irl farmers spend money on random things at time, so they don't have to pay as much on taxes. For example, we have 2 gators and a ranger. Also we have a set of pallet forks and bale spears for both the skid loader and loader tractor. Also have 3 other buckets for the loader tractor.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

There is no right or wrong way to play this game it's not like a snooker or football game where the object is to win the individual can play it however they choose and if your crop fails so what it's only a bit of fun just like any game. To have that many subscribers to me indicates a lot of people like the way he plays and any that don't will just unsubscribe from his channel and watch someone else.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:16 pm Just think about your question a little bit. He is acting for his role playing series. Also it doesn't matter where he puts things. Maybe that's the only place it would fit. Also my every seeder has fertilizer in it. We plant seed with no fertilizer in the planter every year irl. Some places need water taking to them to water the animals. The game doesn't have pipes unless using a mod. Also did you know you can't plant crops in the winter, in most places and every day isn't planting or harvesting. That's what he is simulating when leaving the field empty. I'm pretty sure he plays with seasons in that role play. Also irl farmers spend money on random things at time, so they don't have to pay as much on taxes. For example, we have 2 gators and a ranger. Also we have a set of pallet forks and bale spears for both the skid loader and loader tractor. Also have 3 other buckets for the loader tractor.
Sorry i should have been more specific, I don’t watch the Roleplay series at all, I only watch the challenge ones and let’s play. I actually like him as a person, he seems a decent bloke, but it’s more just the random stuff he does, specially on the no mans land challenge series that gets a bit frustrating, his attention span isn’t brilliant.

I am however enjoying this new vintage series he is doing, but I fear it won’t last long because of the amount of kids complaining about it in the comments, they are his main audience.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Djgoham used to play the game with the correct speeds, liters, etc until he started editing stuff and his viewership went up. Now I can't stand watching his stuff, but he is still a good guy. I actually don't talk watch any fs youtuber anymore, except mrg and kerdek.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.