when you realise modding wheels is harder than you thought...

Phila

Re: when you realise modding wheels is harder than you thought...

Post by Phila »

@DirectCedar Out of curiosity Phila, what country were those old Masseys modified/used in?

Both are UK MF1250s . the terra tire one is still in use, the tracks version was logging on heavy peat or seen another was on peat work - though I hope tearing up peat a thing of the past! Used to see 1250s being used by drainage outfits aka tile layers. They look bigger than the 115HP they are I think.
Phila

Post by Phila »

Pimped my ride... terras (right size and placement.... ) , retrofit of early GPS and more working light. Next is retro fit of aircon (a rooftop box from a Unimog mod) and I have plans for the rear deck...

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

You need to get permission from the original author to release that when done!
It’s looking great!
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Phila

Post by Phila »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:35 am You need to get permission from the original author to release that when done!
It’s looking great!

Thanks - very crude hack and trial and error!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

It’s better than my project I’ve attempted.
A Case IH DC133 Discbine, identical to the in game New Holland Discbine 313. Could get it recolored as a Case but never could figure out how to pull the 3D files out of the game, and when I tried it became an invisible mower.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:50 am It’s better than my project I’ve attempted.
A Case IH DC133 Discbine, identical to the in game New Holland Discbine 313. Could get it recolored as a Case but never could figure out how to pull the 3D files out of the game, and when I tried it became an invisible mower.
If you're still attempting... https://www.kingmods.net/en/fs19-mods/cnh-discbine-pack
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

It was more of a just wanting to mod (and not 3D model) project and less of a wanting that specific model as a mod.
And technically that’s still not a DC133...
Phila

MF1250 update: when you realise modding wheels is harder than you thought...

Post by Phila »

for use on my late 80's/early 90's farm:

Amazon 4m air drill on the back , also used for fertiliser spreading with a vicon twin disk. Retrofitted a prefab GPS on roof and screen in cab, more working lights (both from prefab kits) and a classic way to retro fit aircon: slap a box on top, this from a Unimog mod. Float tyres counting as crop care tyres, also modded some narrow crop care tyres on to it for spreader when crops in later stages.

Now the conceit here is that the farm's previous 1000 litre very light Vicon pendulum spreader was surplus and there is nice big deck on the back of 1250...(actually tin plate so some girder work from te axles needed...) . taken off the pedulum and bolted in a small electric auger (resized mod of a simple grain auger). Runs off a new 24 volt battery system that all the new lights would need anyway (trying to find a battery prefab I can stick somewhere). also need to put a sheet cover on it

As you can see lI lost the colour/textures in process but that is the next adventure in my xml learning curve! (All help accepted!) Ideally I would have kept the 'fill point' in the tank and had the unload script coming from the auger but waaay beyond my skills. BUT I changed the XML in both the drill and spreader to increase their capacity by the 1000l this rear tank holds, so I get the functionality.

This IS fictional but I've see utility/big tool boxes mounted on the back and this is exactly the kind of bale twine/lump hammer* engineering we/neighbours used to do before dynodrives and embedded chips.
*(on a UK farm, everything is fixable with bale twin and a 2 pound lump hammer...)

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Maybe make the Vicon tank a seperate “auger wagon” that attaches to the back, then it’s full trigger would work realistically.
Phila

Post by Phila »

DEERE317 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:03 pm Maybe make the Vicon tank a seperate “auger wagon” that attaches to the back, then it’s full trigger would work realistically.
yes plan A was to put a extra invisible hitch joint on the deck so I could eg add the Hortz refill tank or the vicon as is with different outlet - but xml beyond me so far!
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Phila wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:51 pm yep to all that - once again to all who mod from scratch: you are clearly insane but we love you and keep on at it ;)

just worked out how to link the tractor mod to the large range of existing tyres in the game ... :blushnew:

need to down one size but on right track....

my model is this....

a real challenge would be this.... :) poor mans quad track, they stretch the back to keep the turning circle

This line in the xml will get you far :D - <objectChange node="wheelsomthin" scaleActive="1.0 1.0 1.0" />
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi