Console and Giants.

DEERE317

Re: Console and Giants.

Post by DEERE317 »

The FS19 physics are mostly decent, and the base of the graphics is much better than FS15/7. Most of its problems come from color brightness, saturation, and textures. Skybox is far from great and otherwise most improvements would be in fine tuning and adding to the mechanics.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Mobias wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:25 pm
eric21 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:29 pm especially playstation and not many people have the finances to upgrade. The gen consoles haven't really have taken of yet because of those things.

Thats not the impression I get. Its next to impossible to get a new console or a new PC graphics card at the moment because they can't make them quickly enough. People are stuck indoors and are spending money on home entertainment like never before. Games sales are generally through the roof at the moment. Its never been a better time to invest in a new console. The problem is finding one.
Here in the UK,its a problem, people are out of work or reduced pay, only the diehard console gamers upgrade all the time. People are stuck indoors but wheres the money coming from? In my view the January sales on playstation store started way early than usual
eric21

Post by eric21 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:13 pm
eric21 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:29 pm Seems the poll is favoring the older consoles than than the new. We all know with Covid affecting sales on both, especially playstation and not many people have the finances to upgrade. The gen consoles haven't really have taken of yet because of those things.

I reckon they will do an fs21 on both consoles, they won't ditch older consoles anytime soon
Still highly doubt a cross Gen release as FS19 already has been pushing older Gen machines to the max and to not dump them would result in essentially a remade FS19 in some way or another.
Its not about will it run on what console, 2020 and 2021 are right offs, you can forget companies making money quickly. Dont know if you noticed but game releases on the next gen have been fairly quiet
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I also don’t follow gaming news...
And even then I never heard of big news about what console a game was for.
The focus is always on the game, not that there’s a game for a platform.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You don't have to follow gaming news, because its not just game manufacturers who are suffering, car manufacturers etc etc. No one wants to keep spending not for a while at least
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

eric21 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:33 pm
Here in the UK,its a problem, people are out of work or reduced pay, only the diehard console gamers upgrade all the time. People are stuck indoors but wheres the money coming from? In my view the January sales on playstation store started way early than usual
Whilst you're right in saying some people are financially struggling at the moment there's equally a lot of people who are still earning and who aren't now going on holiday anytime soon so are spending money on home entertainment. Here in the UK computer hardware sales are through the roof. Everyone is spending money on new games consoles and gaming PC's. Even sales of VR headsets are at record amounts. The waiting list for an RTX 3080 graphics card at Overclockers UK had over 10,000 people on it last time I heard. There was a headline just after Christmas that over 100,000 people have put in a pre-order for a PS5 at PC World alone. Sales are crazy considering the global situation but there's a huge chunk of the population who still have money to spend, at least at the moment.

The issue isn't that people don't have money to spend the issue is they can't make hardware quick enough.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

eric21 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:45 pm You don't have to follow gaming news, because its not just game manufacturers who are suffering, car manufacturers etc etc. No one wants to keep spending not for a while at least
How is:
Dont know if you noticed but game releases on the next gen have been fairly quiet
Related to the first quote?

And also it’s game Studios not manufacturers.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Let’s face it...Microsoft should acquire them and pump some resources their way...maybe get some scripts onto fs for console. hmm would be a smart move though. All joking aside, it is refreshing to have a civil and relaxing conversation about this topic. I think everyone had some really good points. I know everyone wants the best for fs and have great thoughts on whether it should or shouldn’t be on last gen. Time will tell, but as someone else stated, this pandemic has thrown a curveball to everyone and maybe GIANTS have been able to find more resources in last gen.

Simon mentioned a game, Forza. That game had a lot of things going on under the hood and I would say it had more going on than FS. I love GIANTS, but I think if they had some more resources available then I think they could push even more.
BoxTunnel

Post by BoxTunnel »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:19 pm Consoles are cheaper than equivalent PC’s, sure you didn’t look at the prices Scalpers are selling them for?
I got my PC in 2019, and is roughly a match for the Xbox One X and payed the same as a One X, but the PC was on a post Black Friday sale as it didn’t sell during Black Friday. And current Gen seems to be very similar in price.
Possibly I looked at what "scalpers" were selling them for, as I said it was a quick google search. My current build cost me £340 from an online gaming PC retailer but I already had a graphics card (maybe £100, if that, on ebay), monitor et al.

I guess my point was that with a PC I can upgrade component A one year, component B the next year etc, etc. Therefore I don't need to spend many hundreds of pounds all at once. It also helps that in the PC world there is always someone upgrading their gaming rig so they are selling last year's components fairly cheap.

My comments were not a "PC Master Race" thing, I truly believe that in the long run a PC is the cheaper option for me and as an ex-console gamer I'm happy with the path I took. I have bought many games from Steam and Epic for which my PC fails to meet the minimum requirements and yet they run perfectly well. I have returned games and been refunded due to them being poor games, but never yet due to poor hardware.

But hey, everyone has their own needs/wants/restrictions and you'll never see me moaning about it. As one of the more eloquent posters on this forum I am sure your feelings are similar.

BT.
Onkel Mo

Post by Onkel Mo »

FS19 pusht the current gen to its limits. If the next FS would be developed for them it would be a scaled down version.
It should be developed for the next gen so everyone can have the best FS experience possible. If Giants has time (and resources) left they could try to bring it to the old consoles.
I don't own a new console and don't know if I own one when the next FS releases but I won't buy the next one for the current gen. I would also not buy it if it's only a upscaled version on next gen.

Excuse my terrible language I'm not native english speeking.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The old gen consoles are still leading the vote and the new gen xbox way lagging behind everyone else, there is a rumour that xbox maybe having issues with the system
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

eric21 wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:35 am The old gen consoles are still leading the vote and the new gen xbox way lagging behind everyone else, there is a rumour that xbox maybe having issues with the system
Is it only a rumour because nobody actually knows anyone who’s managed to find one for sale yet:)
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Just for the record, GIANTS have posted two polls for this, one on StrawPoll and one in their Youtube community section.

The Youtube one (which has more than twice as many votes than the StrawPoll one) is even more damning for those hoping last gen is left behind for FS2x.

As things stand the StrawPoll one has it at 55% vs 45% in favour of last gen consoles while Youtube has it at a whopping 68% vs 32% again in favour of last gen.
RFERIGOLO

Post by RFERIGOLO »

Aqui no Brasil qualquer um dos consoles (x box onde, e ps5), custam cerca de 6 a 7 salários mínimo ($1.000). Pra mim custa muito dinheiro e é claro que sou fã desde o fs13. Então não queria perder de jogar tá, mas se for só para a geração de consoles novos eu não poderei jogar. E pra ser honesto vai valer a pena comprar um PC do que um console.
Possuo um PS4 pro, e uma tv 4k, o jogo roda perfeito com gráficos excelente
Playing PS5 in Brazil, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19, FS 22,
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

A more interesting question to add to those polls would be 'would you upgrade to a new Xbox or PS5 if FS22 was only being released on the two new platforms?'

If you ask people if they have any plans to upgrade to a new console people will more likely say no, that is until you provide them with a reason to want to upgrade. It took me a year or so after launch to buy a PS3 and PS4 and in both instances it was because a certain game came out that I really wanted to play. I think thats the case for a lot of people.

Another poll question they might as ask is: 'how enthusiastic would you be for a new FS game thats compromised because its being optimised to run on old console hardware?'