Cows not eating from pasture on oak hill

Farmhohotree

Cows not eating from pasture on oak hill

Post by Farmhohotree »

Is it a glitch or is it just how the map is?
FarmerDan72

Re: Cows not eating from pasture on oak hill

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I have the same issue on Marwell Manor. I have 20 cows at the main farm, and 50 sheep. The sheep had full grass all summer without me doing anything, but the cows grass was always in the red nearly empty.

I assumed it's just how the map is set up, but it's strange that the sheep were able to graze.
PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Cows eat more than sheep. Some pastures aren't big enough to support a large herd. If you want the best and most efficient feeding than don't let them just graze on grass. Feed them tmr and for sheep feed them hay as well.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Is the grazing feature automatic with Seasons enabled, or does the mapmaker need to add that feature as well?
PS4
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I think it is done with seasons as long as the map maker put grass in the pasture. If you watched the seasons tutorials by Mr. Sealyp or klutch simulations, it can take some time before they start grazing and they health will go down.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

I see, thank you. Hopefully that helps the OP as well. Maybe just need to wait a little longer, or too many cows for the pasture to handle.
PS4