Remove limits on Xbox Series X

Bryan83

Re: Remove limits on Xbox Series X

Post by Bryan83 »

aklein wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 pm Who requires the slot counts? I learned from a MrSealyP retrospective on FS15/17/19 that back in FS15 there was no such thing for console players. Of course there where no mods either and he commented on how he had been known to over saturate his save with equipment and as such his game play suffered as a result with laggy performance on those gamesaves. So was it Giants (whom many blame) that put the slot count in on their own initiative to help with over populating consoles game saves and thus running into performance problems? Did Sony and or MS require slot counts with the introduction of mods to console or maybe they also heard of performance issues with FS15 and excess memory usage or to many things to render on screen and a slot count came to be?
One thing I would need to correct here, having played both, there was a slot limit for FS15 on the xbox 360, but not the xbox one. And there was still a slot limit of sorts, but it was so high as to not be an issue.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Bryan83 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:54 pm
aklein wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 pm Who requires the slot counts? I learned from a MrSealyP retrospective on FS15/17/19 that back in FS15 there was no such thing for console players. Of course there where no mods either and he commented on how he had been known to over saturate his save with equipment and as such his game play suffered as a result with laggy performance on those gamesaves. So was it Giants (whom many blame) that put the slot count in on their own initiative to help with over populating consoles game saves and thus running into performance problems? Did Sony and or MS require slot counts with the introduction of mods to console or maybe they also heard of performance issues with FS15 and excess memory usage or to many things to render on screen and a slot count came to be?
One thing I would need to correct here, having played both, there was a slot limit for FS15 on the xbox 360, but not the xbox one. And there was still a slot limit of sorts, but it was so high as to not be an issue.
Bryan is correct, fs15 did have slots on xbox 360, I remember because I placed a **** load of trees one day, saved the game an when I went back to play next time my slot count was like minus two hundred an something, dont ask how it went minus that amount but it did for some reason, that was the first time I found out about slots.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Fs15 slot count was around 3000 or so on ps4/xbox one but wasn't displayed as there was no need, it was much less of a burden on resources compared to fs17 and 19 too.

Slots are based on ram, one of the conditions of mods on console was a limit on the amount of mods installed and running at any time so that's why there is the 4gb limit on downloads. As I said, slots are based on ram and each console has the same amount of ram so it's easy to know how much slots a particular vehicle or implement will use
aklein

Post by aklein »

But PS4 and PS5 have different amounts of ram but am I correct that the slot limit is the same on both of those somewhat indicating it hard coded vs dynamic. Is that not correct? have players moving to PS5 seen a higher total slot limit?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

From what I’ve heard the slot limit is hard coded, probably to prevent hardware variability (think an accidentally oversized by a few bits RAM or such) opening up crash potential, and/or Sony and/or Microsoft mandate the game to set itself a max RAM allotment.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Yss it is probably hard coded as opposed to read installed ram. Why would it attempt to read ram when the only possibility when the game was developed was ps4 and xbox one?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

That and are the “dev kits” even actual consoles?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Guil

Post by Guil »

I think they pretty much are an unrestricted console. Anything can be run on it without the need of certification from Sony or ms
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Guil wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:01 am Yss it is probably hard coded as opposed to read installed ram. Why would it attempt to read ram when the only possibility when the game was developed was ps4 and xbox one?
Because there exists enhanced versions of FS17 (4k, HDR) and FS19 (3k) for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?

Why there shouldn't be enhanced slot count for enhanced/newer consoles? Because it is working and money? Even mods costs each day money to test them with a few testers for the gamers. Each day since years. Why it is so hart to work a few days to setup the slot limit for enhanced consoles? I don't get it.

The good: Seriex X sets FS19 upscaled to 4k , 60FPS and with Auto HDR. Basic is the enhanced version.
Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One X, Xbox One
FS17 Platinum > FS19 Premium > FS15 Complete > FS22
Samsung UE65MU8009TX 4KUHDHDR
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

ltl.vamp wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:31 am
Because there exists enhanced versions of FS17 (4k, HDR) and FS19 (3k) for PS4 Pro and Xbox One X?

Why there shouldn't be enhanced slot count for enhanced/newer consoles? Because it is working and money? Even mods costs each day money to test them with a few testers for the gamers. Each day since years. Why it is so hart to work a few days to setup the slot limit for enhanced consoles? I don't get it.

The good: Seriex X sets FS19 upscaled to 4k , 60FPS and with Auto HDR. Basic is the enhanced version.
I would guess if it was simple they would have done it already or would have announced they’re doing it, I think the game is on its last leg and we will hear about a new one before we hear about an upgraded old one.
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

But on the other hand I forgot: with enhanced graphics, the game needs more RAM. At the end, there is no more space for more slots, because the graphics uses all RAM on the One X or Pro. That could be a reason.
Guil

Post by Guil »

ltl.vamp wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:31 am
Guil wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:01 am Yss it is probably hard coded as opposed to read installed ram. Why would it attempt to read ram when the only possibility when the game was developed was ps4 and xbox one?

You are disregarding one small fact, ps4 and ps4 pro have the exact same ram. The pro has better graphics.
Xbox one and one S both only have DDR3 ram which is much slower than what is in both playstations. The one X on the other hand has the same speed ram as ps but 50% more.

All that considered, it's not so easy to chop and change between the lot without leaving a lot of the userbase upset
ltl.vamp

Post by ltl.vamp »

Yes, there are more details, I didn't know or think about them. Would only be happy to see an official and technical answer.

Btw: if I sounds so harsh, I'm sorry. English is not may native language.
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

Answer you can't the console won't handle.the amount of objects it has to render get a pc if.you want unlimited objects
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Why wouldn't developers assume there would be new consoles in the future?
As a developer, I'd be thinking "there's going to be new consoles in the future, maybe I should initialize the slot count as a variable and assign dynamically based on installed ram rather than a constant".

Imagine if they limited PC code to 8gigs and your new PC had 16.