Remove limits on Xbox Series X

DEERE317

Re: Remove limits on Xbox Series X

Post by DEERE317 »

Farmer686 wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:37 am Answer you can't the console won't handle.the amount of objects it has to render get a pc if.you want unlimited objects
(That’s known as crashing the game)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DEERE317

Re: Remove limits on Xbox Series X

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:51 am
Guil wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:01 am Yss it is probably hard coded as opposed to read installed ram. Why would it attempt to read ram when the only possibility when the game was developed was ps4 and xbox one?
Why wouldn't developers assume there would be new consoles in the future?
As a developer, I'd be thinking "there's going to be new consoles in the future, maybe I should initialize the slot count as a variable and assign dynamically based on installed ram rather than a constant".

Imagine if they limited PC code to 8gigs and your new PC had 16.
Because there’s no guarantee of when a new console will come out. And if one doesn’t the coding time would be wasted.
And probably most importantly, the (base of the) game engine is identical to the one on PC, so the making the slots fixed is essentially just a secondary coding of the money system, you have x slots to spend and can’t do anything beyond that. Requires no system resource surveying, and is much more stable.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.