Remove limits on Xbox Series X

Koelyttu

Remove limits on Xbox Series X

Post by Koelyttu »

*thumbsdown* *thumbsdown*
I kindly ask the FS19 developers to remove the limits on downloads and equipment purchases while playing on the Xbox Series X.

This limits the game too much.
Remove the limits.

Edit don_apple: Topic moved from german to english section.
Crazof

Re: Remove limits on Xbox Series X

Post by Crazof »

send your request to Microsoft
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Crazof wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:59 pm send your request to Microsoft
And Sony, both have restrictions but Sony is the more hardline of the two. And GIANTS uses the same restrictions between the two.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Consoles arnt PC's, you cant upgrade them like adding bits to it
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:20 am Consoles arnt PC's, you cant upgrade them like adding bits to it
And how is that related to the topic at hand?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Some people think consoles the same as PC's that its unlimited
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

eric21 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:49 pm Some people think consoles the same as PC's that its unlimited
Whats unlimited?
And how does it relate to the original topic of someone voicing their dislike of the console limits place by the manufacturers to prevent the wonky issues that PC’s and mods love to make.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Developers will not remove the slot limit, and console makers are unlikely to remove download limits.
Asking the developers to do something via forum thread they pay little attention to is a waste of time.
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

Always nice to see your positive attitude and chipper outlook on here FarmBoss.....

Thing is, although I am not sure a random request here on Giants forum will be what gets thru or be any kind of factor at all really, its not an unreasonable request.. if the new consoles are as powerful as they claim they are, there is no reason they shouldn't run 19 on max performance settings.. as to slots, to error on the side of caution, double it if nothing else.. then it still has a safety cap but I am sure it would handle many many more machines on the map than even my xbone x could consider (2x the slots is nothing to sniff at all things considered)
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

I rarely get anywhere near the slot count, and as for the amount of DL content, i just remove maps and items im not using to control that... again not much of an issue.

I cant any changes being done to FS19 now, it will be the next gen of game before anything significant like that will be addressed.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

PrincessJessi84 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:30 pm Always nice to see your positive attitude and chipper outlook on here FarmBoss.....

Thing is, although I am not sure a random request here on Giants forum will be what gets thru or be any kind of factor at all really, its not an unreasonable request.. if the new consoles are as powerful as they claim they are, there is no reason they shouldn't run 19 on max performance settings.. as to slots, to error on the side of caution, double it if nothing else.. then it still has a safety cap but I am sure it would handle many many more machines on the map than even my xbone x could consider (2x the slots is nothing to sniff at all things considered)
I just answered the question that's been asked over and over.
You said his request is not unreasonable, but he's requesting they remove limits, not double them.
If Giants made the slots dynamic based on the installed ram, then they could adjust as needed.
aklein

Post by aklein »

Here's the thing. FS19 on console was made for PS4 and Xbox One. This is the exact code your running on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Slots are hard coded into these releases. If/When a new version of FS comes out will it be released for the old platform or only the new platform? Will there be 5 versions of the game? PC, PS5, Xbox X/S, PS4, Xbox One or will there be just 3 PC, PS4/PS5, Xbox One/S/X. If the old platform is even developed for.

Who requires the slot counts? I learned from a MrSealyP retrospective on FS15/17/19 that back in FS15 there was no such thing for console players. Of course there where no mods either and he commented on how he had been known to over saturate his save with equipment and as such his game play suffered as a result with laggy performance on those gamesaves. So was it Giants (whom many blame) that put the slot count in on their own initiative to help with over populating consoles game saves and thus running into performance problems? Did Sony and or MS require slot counts with the introduction of mods to console or maybe they also heard of performance issues with FS15 and excess memory usage or to many things to render on screen and a slot count came to be?

Sure those of us on PC have no such slot count limit and you know what. Many PC players suffer from loading their game down with excessive amounts of mods to the point that it takes many minutes just to launch the game into the main menu when it should take 20-30 sec max. Lets not even talk about how long it takes for them to actually load up a save game but i can tell you I have heard of folks starting to load a save and then going to eat a meal and coming back ready to play it takes so long. Let alone the game performance problems they suffer all due to those precious cant play without mods. Seems to me there more like can barely play with let alone with out mods.

No one likes limits for sure and I don't see Giants at this point putting out a specific PS5 or Series X/S version of FS19 coded to those consoles graphics and memory capabilities. As such your playing a PS4 game built with PS4 limitations on a PS5 and same goes for Series X/S.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

To anyone who feels they are somehow being screwed by giants because of slot count for whatever ridiculous reason I challenge you to play fallout 4 on Xbox and load up on mods and see what happens, the game crashes and it’s unplayable. The limits in this game might seem restrictive but they are in a pretty good place and if you try that game you can see there isn’t much room for leeway. To the op and all console players, the trade off of console is a bargain priced system that’s incredibly stable but you also receive a bargain priced experience and abilities. You have to seriously consider what you want from the game before you complain to a game developer about the restrictions that are in place from systems you chose to buy.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

Mwal wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:49 pm To anyone who feels they are somehow being screwed by giants because of slot count for whatever ridiculous reason I challenge you to play fallout 4 on Xbox and load up on mods and see what happens, the game crashes and it’s unplayable. The limits in this game might seem restrictive but they are in a pretty good place and if you try that game you can see there isn’t much room for leeway. To the op and all console players, the trade off of console is a bargain priced system that’s incredibly stable but you also receive a bargain priced experience and abilities. You have to seriously consider what you want from the game before you complain to a game developer about the restrictions that are in place from systems you chose to buy.
I've done that lol I though I had killed my One X the day after I got it lol
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

aklein wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 pm Here's the thing. FS19 on console was made for PS4 and Xbox One. This is the exact code your running on PS5 and Xbox Series X/S. Slots are hard coded into these releases. If/When a new version of FS comes out will it be released for the old platform or only the new platform? Will there be 5 versions of the game? PC, PS5, Xbox X/S, PS4, Xbox One or will there be just 3 PC, PS4/PS5, Xbox One/S/X. If the old platform is even developed for.

Who requires the slot counts? I learned from a MrSealyP retrospective on FS15/17/19 that back in FS15 there was no such thing for console players. Of course there where no mods either and he commented on how he had been known to over saturate his save with equipment and as such his game play suffered as a result with laggy performance on those gamesaves. So was it Giants (whom many blame) that put the slot count in on their own initiative to help with over populating consoles game saves and thus running into performance problems? Did Sony and or MS require slot counts with the introduction of mods to console or maybe they also heard of performance issues with FS15 and excess memory usage or to many things to render on screen and a slot count came to be?

Sure those of us on PC have no such slot count limit and you know what. Many PC players suffer from loading their game down with excessive amounts of mods to the point that it takes many minutes just to launch the game into the main menu when it should take 20-30 sec max. Lets not even talk about how long it takes for them to actually load up a save game but i can tell you I have heard of folks starting to load a save and then going to eat a meal and coming back ready to play it takes so long. Let alone the game performance problems they suffer all due to those precious cant play without mods. Seems to me there more like can barely play with let alone with out mods.

No one likes limits for sure and I don't see Giants at this point putting out a specific PS5 or Series X/S version of FS19 coded to those consoles graphics and memory capabilities. As such your playing a PS4 game built with PS4 limitations on a PS5 and same goes for Series X/S.
Im pretty sure Fs15 did have a slot count because I'm positive you could see how many slots something took in the store. The main difference is all the equipment available was from Giants and thus fairly low on the amount of slots per item instead of high slot count mods. Therefore you could buy more stuff and the slot count wouldnt rear its ugly warning unless you got within a certain range of maxing it out.
Playing on PC and PS4