Farming Simulator 21?

Bryan83

Re: Farming Simulator 21?

Post by Bryan83 »

Mwal wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:29 am Same, I don’t buy farm sim anymore, I buy seasons. Haha
I, too, will probably put off the purchase of the next FS installment to give the talented modders a chance to put some stuff out there. Seasons for sure.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

I definitely wont be buying fs21 on launch like i did with 17 and 19. As a person who likes more realistic sims fs series have been nothing but dissapointment in that aspect for 2 entries now. And ofc fs19 launch was a mess and some things still have not been fixed to this day (vehicle sounds, pixel clouds, no dynamic hoses on vehicles imported from fs17 etc). Last but not least im disgusted with GIANTS QA and how they behaved to oxygen david, and north american modders which some of them left forever. Anyway im sure the next fs will be more of them same a solid product for ppl that dont ask much from the series or play the game only occasionaly. The level of quality that you see with ETS, ATS, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Snowrunner or Mudrunner wiil never be presented in fs series its just plain obvious by now.

Hey atleast we have fs league which is very popular (spoiler its not just check giants yt poll)
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Snowrunners mods are even stricter than giants btw, they gmc ingame but won't allow gmc mods on console versions i believe. Intact I believe its going to be tougher for modders for console.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:34 am
DEERE317 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:41 am Between save games?
I would like some sort of option to do that, move equipment at the end of a saves life span to a new save as your starting equipment.
Pretty sure that's possible for PC by moving the xmls? Although you'd have to readjust the coordinates of the vehicles since you're changing terrain. Probably more of a pain than a convenience.
And some labor, as transferring random pallets and I think bales along with breaking the train are all potential risks of moving the xml. And editing through them even on a smaller save is some work, while some sort of easy button would be nice.
I did it once and didn’t even bother with the coordinates, just drove the few I could and then reset a few more, then saved and exited and lost some...
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
j_maybury

Post by j_maybury »

BoxTunnel wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:19 am
Just asking - what do you mean by transferrable cattle and sheep? I'm a little confused as I seem to be able to transfer them everywhere with an animal trailer.

Genuine question.
So that you can herd them into another field that has better grassing for a bigger milk yield.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:39 pm
Just asking - what do you mean by transferrable cattle and sheep? I'm a little confused as I seem to be able to transfer them everywhere with an animal trailer.

Genuine question.
So that you can herd them into another field that has better grassing for a bigger milk yield.
Livestock trailer?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

j_maybury wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:39 pm

Genuine question.

I get what your saying but you really need Seasons integrated into the base game before it makes sense to move your cows from field to field or to move them inside for the winter.
I am confident that FS22 will have Seasons Included I feel like they almost had it is FS19 but couldn't meet the deadline so had to cut it similar to their Wildlife feature that had to be drastically cut back.
I hope they used the extra year to properly finish the game rather than trying to do more and end up like FS19 a half finished rushed out game at release...
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:33 pm I am confident that FS22 will have Seasons Included I feel like they almost had it is FS19 but couldn't meet the deadline so had to cut it similar to their Wildlife feature that had to be drastically cut back.
Assuming you're talking about the slightly infamous deer in FS19, I'm 95% sure that was just a misunderstanding.

I was in the Discord discussion when Lars was asked if he could confirm deer were in FS19 but ever since it's nagged me that none of us double checked with him, as every time I look back I'm sure Lars thought he'd been asked about "(John) Deere" rather than "deer".

Looking at FS19 now and how bad the dog is and the limited scope of the birds, it's barely even possible to imagine that any form of roaming wildlife was ever considered, and I'm pretty certain now that it wasn't and it was all just something lost in excitement at the time. I mean, of all the mammals to have included, shy and retreating deer would have been one of the hardest to have tried.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:33 pm I am confident that FS22 will have Seasons Included
Doubt it, I would’ve probably just been lost when I first heard payed FS15 if it had anything resembling the seasons mods details and I would bet that many other players would feel the same. Meaning if GIANTS did do it it would be a far cry from Seasons mod, and we would still be waiting on Realismus.

In general whenever I read many peoples want lists it sounds great until you realize that many causal players would be turned off by the realism levels that many ask for.
Cattle and Cr0ps is an option for hyper realism...
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Seasons is unlikely (imo) to be added to the base game as long as there are modders to do it. It would be too much work for no extra gain. Plus, they probably couldn't implement it as good as Realismus, and everyone would complain about that.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 pm Seasons is unlikely (imo) to be added to the base game as long as there are modders to do it. It would be too much work for no extra gain. Plus, they probably couldn't implement it as good as Realismus, and everyone would complain about that.
Yep, IF it would be implemented the default Geo would be along the lines of a simplified Geo, essentially just making it snow.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

If it's added then it will be a stripped back version with a few more jobs added seasonally to make it more balanced throughout the year, leaving it to Realismus to add the meat to the bones for those of us who want more depth to the game. Any standard GEO would be impossibly diverse to almost guarantee all crops succeed but with snow also likely.

The only chance of a fully-featured version of Seasons making it into the game (ideally configurable) is with a big switch which by default is very much set to the off position.

I'd be amazed and disappointed though if some seasonal aspect wasn't included in the game or Seasons itself wasn't available as a zero day mod. It's been four years since it was released publicly and there's no excuse at all not to have it as an option from the off in some form.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Vfarms wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:11 pm I freakin love fs19! I just wish for the next game that they will relax the restrictions on where you can place things.
Unfortunately those restrictions were implemented for performance reasons, without them consoles would crash
duncan_101

Post by duncan_101 »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:29 pm Seasons is unlikely (imo) to be added to the base game as long as there are modders to do it. It would be too much work for no extra gain. Plus, they probably couldn't implement it as good as Realismus, and everyone would complain about that.
Good for me... I. Just can't seem to make the game work (read fun) for me with seasons. So if they made that integrated I'd probably skip it
Happly farming in Fryslan.
On an Asus RoG laptop.
Vfarms

Post by Vfarms »

Guil wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:31 am
I understand that, but we already have building mods on console that have relaxed those restrictions. The sheds I use can be placed almost anywhere even through fences. If modders can do it, I don't see why GIANTS can't.
This is the most fun you're ever gonna have

Xbox series x