Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

chedly_farms

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by chedly_farms »

ajFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:37 pm
Pafarmer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:47 pm Would it be possible to make all the land buyable? Not a big deal just get the urge to tidy up the neighborhood once in awhile! Thanks again for all the work and time you’ve put in this project much appreciated!
I just tested and I can do it and it works for old saves, You will own town,map borders, and train track.
What should the price be?
I figured it should be low for realism as city maintenance contract or people who want to use door mat sleep trigger. Although the small lot intown was originally designed for that. You will just have to use self constraint. :lol:
For Marwell, OxygenDavid made all the non farmland/non-woods a free purchase. I liked that because I could mow lawns, and paired with the income of solars panels, pretend i was getting paid to mow lawns.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
garyst

Post by garyst »

The only suggestions I would make is to add the crop milo and use the dirt field textures from such maps as lone oak and stone valley but if that were to require a new save then never mind. Other than that this map got to be my all time favorite map in fs19. Thank you again for creating this incredible map. *thumbsup*
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

I have tons of equipment and only 600 slots used...this map is made for expansion and running high slot JD machines for sure. I agree the ground texture with the custom crop textures would be epic 👍👍 maybe add with the new roads?
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

This map is freaking awesome. I've been tinkering around on it for a couple hours and can see this will be my go to for awhile
So question.....when trying to put down a placeable tree it says "too many trees you must cut some down". Ok cool, so I went into the forested area and cut a few random trees down but I still can't place any on my farm. What's the work around for this?
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@brewcrewer
You can try to plant them other then not there's not much you can do. As I'm sure the map is way over the tree limit
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

What was the reason a new save game was needed?

I updated today and just loaded in my old saved game. Everything from what I can tell is working fine (at least right now).
I'm able to cut down the trees I was unable to cut previously, the trees that remained green are now their fall colours.

Maybe it will crash soon, I don't know, but for now, at least I'll carry on and add to the 35 hours I already have on this great little map.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Farmer_Blue Your save actually may be fine and probably wont ever crash. But I noticed in testing trees were doubles of the ones I moved or changed and there were lots. As your save game has a persistence file so it knows what trees you cut same as foliage. And If you did not sale all buildings I think they will be gone.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Update
Changelog 1.1.1.0: self testing :search:
-New road textures
-New field textures
-Town now purchasable free
-Fixed vehicle traffic collision
-Fixed sign by field 1 collision
-Increased train map transit interval time
-Added & adjusted ambient sounds
-Added few props
-Extensive foliage work in forest
-Foliage work along east border
-New save required only for foliage work
-Old save safe

I am working on the workshop/Easy Shed lights. They will be sellable with workshop, If I can get it to work LOL
Last edited by ajFarmer on Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Are the slots really that low? I cant wait to get home and smack the devil out of it
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

vondeylenfarms wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:39 pm
Edit: Can you take the snow mask away from the main roads? I find enjoyment plowing roads. Lazy acres has it and its kinda fun
There is no snow mask on roads at all, It needs to snow enough to cover them so you can plow them
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

ajFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:54 pm @Farmer_Blue Your save actually may be fine and probably wont ever crash. But I noticed in testing trees were doubles of the ones I moved or changed and there were lots. As your save game has a persistence file so it knows what trees you cut same as foliage. And If you did not sale all buildings I think they will be gone.
Thanks AJFarmer. I had not cut any trees originally on the main farm because it would not let me (the really small ones), but when I loaded up the save after the update I was able to cut them down. The trees that were still green had now changed to fall colours.

I had also placed the Modding Welt workshop over top of the junk and container that could not be deleted in the original version to hide them. When I went into the workshop just now all the junk and container had gone.

Also, noticed a small tree I'd cut down and left on the ground after the update and saving then exiting and going back in to check on the junk you described, had returned to be green foliage.

Lol. Have I said yet how great this map is?
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Im bringing back the tractor field work sound over field 9 and around straw barn, But I have lowered the volume and Lowered the bass and clipped out the wa wa sound.It sounds really good now and only plays for 3 hours out of the day. It should sound great for headphone players, the point of ambiance sounds is not to be overbearing but hardly noticed.
MrChuck523

Post by MrChuck523 »

AJFarmer; I love the update! Been playing all day. Only two suggestions to the next update if possible and both are very insignificant. Delete the dog barking. still annoying. LOL.
Also, for the all time perfect FS19 US map, ad power line wires? Again, not a big deal, just adds realism. :)

Your new textures thru me a loop this morning. I couldn't find the growing grass, but after speeding up time and testing, I figured it out. And I Like It! Crop textures are awesome too.
Thank you again for such an awesome map, the quick updates, and all of your hard work. I think you have made a whole bunch of us farmers very happy. :)
lawm

Post by lawm »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:34 am Im bringing back the tractor field work sound over field 9 and around straw barn, But I have lowered the volume and Lowered the bass and clipped out the wa wa sound.It sounds really good now and only plays for 3 hours out of the day. It should sound great for headphone players, the point of ambiance sounds is not to be overbearing but hardly noticed.
Awesomeness! I love the ambient sounds and that one was the only one that stood out as needing changed. I cant wait to see how long the train is and the fact that you have basically made everything as realistic as you can is amazing. The train could have went by every 2 min and I would not have noticed as it runs very often on maps that have one. You've taken your maps to the GTA level of detail while also not making the map a burden to those of us who like to use a large variety of placeables and equipment.!!
Cubic Dogg

Post by Cubic Dogg »

ajFarmer wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:15 pm I hope everyone likes the new changes 1.1.0.0 brings, I know it's early but I have the next update 1.1.1.0 ready. If you notice any bugs that need to be addressed or changes you like to see please leave comment in this thread (chedly_farms gave me permission lol). Speak now or forever hold your peace as this will be the last update for a very long time. I plan to submit it to Giants in the next couple of days. I apologize in advance for any changes that you would like to see not to be included in the 1.1.1.0 update unless bug related, as I now consider the map 100% done. You can still use old save and it will not break, Just won't see new foliage work. It now looks like Bob Ross walked thru the forest with his magic brush. Changelog below and will be updated in second post of this thread. Thanks again for all the comments and feedback, This thread is awesome

Griffin Indiana 19
Changelog 1.1.1.0: Self Testing :search:
-New American road textures
-Town is now buyable (Need price suggestions)
-Fixed vehicle traffic collision (Won't get slammed as easily)
-Fixed sign by field 1 collision
-Increased train map transit interval time- (Trying to get it to 20mins)
-Added & adjusted ambient sounds
-Added few props
-Extensive foliage work in forest
-Foliage work along east border
-New save required only for foliage work
-Old save safe

Seasons GEO: Griffin Indiana 19- Giants Console testing :search:
at the main farm where I sold the shed u still can't place a shed there it says the terrain cannot be deformed here