Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

ajFarmer

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

RunsLikeADeere wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:19 am @ajFarmer
Gates a still tight, but I fit through my semi with Wilson trailer and a DB 60 yesterday. Def better then before 😉
Which gate or gates in particular, or just leave them for a challenge?
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:01 am
RunsLikeADeere wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:19 am @ajFarmer
Gates a still tight, but I fit through my semi with Wilson trailer and a DB 60 yesterday. Def better then before 😉
Which gate or gates in particular, or just leave them for a challenge?
For my part, you could leave em. Makes it a little bit more realistic, old small farm grew by the time...
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
garyst

Post by garyst »

Will this update add back any trees I already cut down? Because I have had that problem with other maps when it was updated and had to re cut trees out of fields I already created and had cut trees in.
lawm

Post by lawm »

10-4 on the train jump. Figures it was best to say something before next update. I have the same issue with Tranceformer restarting trying to narrow down a start spot. But I feel like the white fence area is just built around needing to be built up. This map is different in that I know I am going to be here for some time and I need to start small....house and small grain bin and start building. I think I'm suffering from getting everything I've ever wanted but not knowing what I want to do haha
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I just wanted to show how I personalized my main farm. It will evolve from here as you will notice, that it already has in pic 1 and 3 with a “drive around” added next to the pit.

I have added a cheap little horse pen to the left side here by the tree, as horses are needed for me to enjoy this map to it’s full potential.

I’m loving Siid’s 8960 on this map. It’s nice and cheap for the HP.

As play progresses I will begin “tearing down” some of the barns and build new storage barns and add a workshop building from say MNMillenial or something comparable.

I will show pic’s of the other farm site later. I added a cattle pen over there, and will decide as I play how i would like to build that up. I may move the workshop over there at some point. Only time will tell.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

Darn it Chedly....I always had you pegged as a season's guy lol. I feel like I'm not hardcore enough if I dont use seasons.....but them somedays I wish I never put it on my save. I have yet to commit on this map which way I want to start up
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I may go seasons. But to be honest, i like to go at my own slow pace. I turn off growth stages until I’m ready to proceed. Sometimes i’ll have it turned off for 10+ in game days.

As far as how to start off....slow for me. I took out a $250,000 operation loan, to get needed equipment. And now in the midst of planting and haying, I’m training horses. So that pays 50 grand per horse, every 10 days.

vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Your screenshots look good! I always use my phone and it looks horrible lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@chedly_farms
The farm looks awesome, l love the ground texture work. That's probably hardest thing to make realistic. How do you like the new deco Foliage with Landscape tool?

Seasons Geo: Griffin Indiana 19 is now available for download on the Modhub. The only thing I don't like about it is trees all have the spring texture when you start.
There are 12 periods with Seasons, 1st period is (March 1st). I'm looking out side now and no Green trees LOL
I cant do anything about that as its related to LAT setting and can't change that as it would not be a real GEO

To Console Players, Is the placeable light set on Modhub available for you?
I'm having hard time making lights turn on when attached to the modWorkshop. I may abandon it till down the road.

To Console Players, What are the slot count numbers for New Farmer and Start from scratch?
lawm

Post by lawm »

Yea that's what I've done in past Chedly. Turn off growth and mimic stages of the year. Problem is eventually I know I will want seasons. Plus I've been told it's not worth trying to mimic beef cattle operation without seasons. Probably my only biggest issue with seasons is the small massey baler the bales disappear with seasons on.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Good to know about the Massey Ferguson baler. I guess that’s the nail in the coffin for me and seasons.

lawm

Post by lawm »

aj..... think start from scratch was 41 or 42? Not sure of new farmer. Its jaw dropping!!!!!
Kylerad42

Post by Kylerad42 »

Hello! New to the forum and this may post twice sorry in advance... Great Map i areally appreciate the time and effort that went into this for all to enjoy. Really like the google earth overlay and layout! I have an issue that occured after the update on this map that i am not sure if it is related to the map or FS19 settings. My brother and I had a multiplayer farm going on Griffin and when we got on after the update all the equipment was in my farm as the admin. He is a farm manager on his own farm but the save game we had started had this equipment issue yesterday it was not doing this previously. He can buy equipment just fine but if he has to reset or if we log off and return the equipment is back in my admin farm. We are playing by trying to keep things seperate it makes it fun this way to have 2 farms going on one map to try and keep pace with eachother! Not sure if anyone else has this issue or if we messed up a setting somewhere. Any help would be great. Thank you!
Again sorry if this posts twice...
RunsLikeADeere

Post by RunsLikeADeere »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:36 pm @chedly_farms
The farm looks awesome, l love the ground texture work. That's probably hardest thing to make realistic. How do you like the new deco Foliage with Landscape tool?

Seasons Geo: Griffin Indiana 19 is now available for download on the Modhub. The only thing I don't like about it is trees all have the spring texture when you start.
There are 12 periods with Seasons, 1st period is (March 1st). I'm looking out side now and no Green trees LOL
I cant do anything about that as its related to LAT setting and can't change that as it would not be a real GEO

To Console Players, Is the placeable light set on Modhub available for you?
I'm having hard time making lights turn on when attached to the modWorkshop. I may abandon it till down the road.

To Console Players, What are the slot count numbers for New Farmer and Start from scratch?
On PS4
New farmer 108!
Start from scratch 23!!!!

Insanely low. Haven’t had anything like it! Impressive job ajFarmer
FS17
FS19
FS22
all on PS4

Nothing runs like a Deere!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Another shot from yesterday’s session. My 4440 with a make believe Vermeer rake.