Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

ajFarmer

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

DMZ Commander-YES
chedly_farms- Those pics are awesome, it really looks like a dealership now

Update 1.2.0.0
I made all fenced in yard accessible for you grass mowers out there. 82Studio's rider mower fits thru the openings. Im not sure about the Alpine model

I also removed the cow statue to allow a spot for all the cool placeable stahl type buildings now available on the ModHub (see Pic)
I will use Global Companies small sell point building for my honey bee farm and it will be perfect spot for it .If I can ever afford it LOL

Kdogg

Post by Kdogg »

Loving the map, especially the low slot count after the 1st update. I'm not keen to download the latest update as it bumps the slot count up too much. What I don't get is the low frame rate. I've bought minimal machinery, but around the main farm the frame drops badly on xbox one x. Anyone else experienced or can explain this? I'm running seasons, not sure if that would affect the frame rate.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Kdogg wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:52 am Loving the map, especially the low slot count after the 1st update. I'm not keen to download the latest update as it bumps the slot count up too much. What I don't get is the low frame rate. I've bought minimal machinery, but around the main farm the frame drops badly on xbox one x. Anyone else experienced or can explain this? I'm running seasons, not sure if that would affect the frame rate.
How much stuff you have piled up there?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@kdogg
You need to update if you started a new save,
There is no reason not to .You are not getting free slots. There was error in reporting. Read thru thread for explanation, as it’s explained better. Absolutely no issues with frame rates if you only have vanilla equipment or buildings unless to many are in one spot.Not a map issue but console limitations.
Last edited by ajFarmer on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
AJfan

Post by AJfan »

Kdogg wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:52 am Loving the map, especially the low slot count after the 1st update. I'm not keen to download the latest update as it bumps the slot count up too much. What I don't get is the low frame rate. I've bought minimal machinery, but around the main farm the frame drops badly on xbox one x. Anyone else experienced or can explain this? I'm running seasons, not sure if that would affect the frame rate.
I play on PS4, and upgraded the map. Slot count is still very, very reasonable, no reason why you should not upgrade. And like ajFarmer says, the slot count was wrong in the previous update. It is like entering a boiling room with a thermostat that shows only 5 degrees...

I have FPS issues on a lot of maps, but on Griffin everything seems to work just fine.. it might falter slightly on occasion, but I have not played a single map yet that never dropped slightly on FPS after a while.

And hey, look at it from the bright side: the improvements on the buildings, the textures are well worth the restart!!! Give it a go and you will not be disappointed *thumbsup*
Playing farming simulator on PS4

Griffin IN is back *thumbsup*
lawm

Post by lawm »

Store looks amazing Chedly. I wish we were able to have a store budget of slots or somehow that we could set out equip like that but not be able to use until we went to store. It looks great and has me itching to use those silage wagons!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:49 pm Store looks amazing Chedly. I wish we were able to have a store budget of slots or somehow that we could set out equip like that but not be able to use until we went to store. It looks great and has me itching to use those silage wagons!
Lol, it’s a separate game save for the purpose of looking at equipment and checking out sounds and stuff before I buy it. Plus i can take some cool pictures.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:24 pm

Lol, it’s a separate game save for the purpose of looking at equipment and checking out sounds and stuff before I buy it. Plus i can take some cool pictures.
I know....I'm saying in future on console would be awesome to stage equip at the store lol. Makes it feel so alive pulling in like that! Great pics!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:30 pm I know....I'm saying in future on console would be awesome to stage equip at the store lol. Makes it feel so alive pulling in like that! Great pics!
Did you play South Mountain Creamery at all on FS17. They had “proxy” Fendt tractors at the dealership. Kind of like what Lancyboi did at his dealership on Stone Valley. I’d be curious how much ram/slots stuff like that takes away. i guess when it comes down to slots, I’d rather have them avaliable to me.

lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:50 pm

Did you play South Mountain Creamery at all on FS17. They had “proxy” Fendt tractors at the dealership. Kind of like what Lancyboi did at his dealership on Stone Valley. I’d be curious how much ram/slots stuff like that takes away. i guess when it comes down to slots, I’d rather have them avaliable to me.
I saw review vids but never played.aJ would know more about that. Hopefully slots are less of an issue on next gen....at least to start. Seems as though towardd end of cycle they have *censored* up most of what console can handle. Red dead 2 has 2 game disks and I had to buy a 1tb hdd to have room for the other 14 games we have . I did not think my ps4 slim would run out of storage when I bought it lol.
Kerminator
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Kerminator »

Hi AJ & fans of Griffin, Indiana map,

I've briefly checked out your map on PC and it looks awesome. I have a few questions though.

In the modhub description it mentions that you start with vehicles that need repairs and that all the farm buildings can be sold... But I don't see any ownership of equipment or buildings in my testing.

I'm using the Easy Development Controls as a test to buy all the land so I own the entire map for the purpose of this test. Yet nothing shows up in the garage. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I am liking the map and thinking about switching our multiplayer server to use it in the near future when we're through the current year on Ellerbach w/ seasons. Just wanted to see if I could get some more information from you.

Cheers,
Kermit
aka Kermit | Community Coordinator | FSL Caster
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@chedley_farms- If you can find static models then it would not require any slots, If you find them I will put them in
@lawm

@KerminatorLive- Welcome to the forum. Make sure to update to 1.1.1.0 You need to start on new farmer to receive the equipment and buildings and you can only do that solo. Multiplayer always starts you on start from scratch. Hope this helps
Kerminator
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Kerminator »

Thank you aj for the quick response. Those suggestions are exactly was I was looking for! I'm going to do some more testing now. :D
aka Kermit | Community Coordinator | FSL Caster
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I doubt i’d find any. I would imagine with most things, there are slots involved.

Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I just loaded Griffin and have done a little bit of looking around. My first impressions were like everyone else's - wow what great detail! I am about 4 seasons into UMRV and will probably move on after a couple more seasons before I start on Griffin. ajFarmer, you are truly a master map maker and I really like the option of building your own farm with your favorite buildings. Thanks for providing such a great map. *thumbsup*
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan