Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

ajFarmer

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Balsafer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:46 pm Hi I love the map however not a fan of the spawn point. As it currently is set up if I use the map on a dedicated server everyone that joins my server that not in my farm will spawn on my farm. Would it be possible to change the spawn location?
Easy fix, It also breaks immersion when playing start from scratch. I have moved it so you start on sidewalk looking into town next to Uncle Pete's Diner. Looks like you just arrived in town. If you start with New Farmer, save the game and you will respawn by house. If you you purchase new house or sleep trigger you will then respawn there. This will be included in the 1.2.5.0 Update.

Changelog 1.2.5.0: Self Testing
-Fixed signs on buildings clipping
-Fixed road sign falling over East of Elder Farm
-Changed career start location
-Added support for Store Sales Mod
-Old save update safe
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I know it's early but Giants announced FS22 to be released later this fall.It looks like there using updated game engine, rather then complete overhaul which is great for map modders.
A port of Griffin Indiana 19 to Griffin Indiana 22 should be hopefully rather easy.

So in the meantime I am going to release two updates to the map and it should close the book on Griffin Indiana 19. The first one will be 1.2.5.0 and it will be update safe and coming soon. The second one will be 1.3.0.0 and it will require new save for the additional features and this one will be awhile. It will include buying stations for dry fertilizer, liquid fertilizer, seeds and manure. I am also going to make every tree cuttable on the map. I chose to have it in two updates so you can skip 1.3.0.0 if you don't want to mess up your old save. 1.3.0.0 will be in preparation for port to Griffin Indiana 22 that hopefully won't ever need any updates as all request and issues have been fixed in Griffin Indiana 19.

Thanks again for all of the support and ideals to truly make this map stand out.

-Fixed signs on buildings clipping ( hurts my eyes and mind when they clip)
-Fixed road sign falling over East of Elder Farm (your going to hit it anyway so why did I bother)
-Changed career start location (better immersion for start from scratch and online players)
-Added support for Store Sales Mod (I love this mod)
-Old save update safe

Changelog 1.3.0.0: DOWN THE ROAD
-Added buying stations for dry fertilizer, liquid fertilizer, seeds and manure (I got tired of opening sales menu to buy fertilizer)
-Made all trees cuttable on map (now the map is completely play as you please, and you can do as you please)
-Old save NOT update safe
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

ajFarmer wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:28 pm
Balsafer wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:46 pm Hi I love the map however not a fan of the spawn point. As it currently is set up if I use the map on a dedicated server everyone that joins my server that not in my farm will spawn on my farm. Would it be possible to change the spawn location?
Easy fix, It also breaks immersion when playing start from scratch. I have moved it so you start on sidewalk looking into town next to Uncle Pete's Diner. Looks like you just arrived in town. If you start with New Farmer, save the game and you will respawn by house. If you you purchase new house or sleep trigger you will then respawn there. This will be included in the 1.2.5.0 Update.

-Fixed signs on buildings clipping
-Fixed road sign falling over East of Elder Farm
-Changed career start location
-Added support for Store Sales Mod
-Old save update safe

Nice won't have to worry about people snooping around my farm since that is where i i setup. Can probably remove password now.
Wifarm072482

Post by Wifarm072482 »

I have idea for you ajfarmer for either griffin or if you build a new map. If you had a small farm near town you inriated from your grand parents that is run down that the city wants to buy to turn into a development. You can can that farm vaule high and have the player decided rather they want to save the farm or start over with a farm away from town.
5ka5

Post by 5ka5 »

Hi,
I just stumbled over this map and just want to say how much I appreciate that there are winter contracts for plowing snow. I don't know if this is the first map that does this but I've never heard of it before and I really can't stress enough how great I think that feature is.
It gives some actual purpose to winter and snow!

I didn't try it myself yet so I have one question: Is this feature available on console too or is it PC only?

Thank you in advance!
lawm

Post by lawm »

5ka5 console has snow contracts also
5ka5

Post by 5ka5 »

lawm wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:27 pm 5ka5 console has snow contracts also
That's fantastic, thank you!
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

Is there a place to get Salt on the map other than the store like you can with lime?
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Balsafer, No just lime buying station. If I can port map to FS22 This will be added as well as fertilizer,liquid fertilizer,manure and seed buying stations To Griffin Indiana 22
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

ajFarmer wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:34 pm @Balsafer, No just lime buying station. If I can port map to FS22 This will be added as well as fertilizer,liquid fertilizer,manure and seed buying stations To Griffin Indiana 22

Ok thanks, You dont happen to know of a mod that produces salt like lime station by chance?
lawm

Post by lawm »

Balsafer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:16 pm
ajFarmer wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:34 pm @Balsafer, No just lime buying station. If I can port map to FS22 This will be added as well as fertilizer,liquid fertilizer,manure and seed buying stations To Griffin Indiana 22

Ok thanks, You dont happen to know of a mod that produces salt like lime station by chance?
Go into modhub and hit search and type salt. There is a mod works just like lime station. I think one gets refilled and one just sells you salt. I might be wrong but I only have the one downloaded that sells me salt when I pull up and I dont need to refill it with the big bags
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

lawm wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:49 pm
Balsafer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:16 pm

Go into modhub and hit search and type salt. There is a mod works just like lime station. I think one gets refilled and one just sells you salt. I might be wrong but I only have the one downloaded that sells me salt when I pull up and I dont need to refill it with the big bags

Thx didnt see it at first even thought it was right in front of my eyes haha
lawm

Post by lawm »

Balsafer wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 pm

Thx didnt see it at first even thought it was right in front of my eyes haha
Haha it happens.....been there myself
pfryermp5

Post by pfryermp5 »

@ajFarmer - any plans to add multi fruit to Griffin? Also, do you have a means to accept donations for your work?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Hey AJ....I'm still going strong on your map, brother! I've been buying land at the top of the map and farming everything not covered in trees. It's pretty cool.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----