Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

DMZ Commander

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by DMZ Commander »

lawm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:20 pm
DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 am
chedly_farms wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:22 am [Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]

And still the undefeated best American map on console ….Griffin, Indiana!

[/Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]
Did you try lancybois map? It's not available on PC yet, was waiting to check it out before I start my last savegame for fs19
I have to agree with Chedly, I broke down and tried American life. It's not a bad map but seems too compact for me and I'm stuck with the pre placed farms with slot count. I'm more of a freestyle placeable custom farm junkie so my vote is Griffin hands down.
Yeah but what field did you sacrifice to build a farm. The starting farm is too remote for my liking
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:45 pm
lawm wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:20 pm

Did you try lancybois map? It's not available on PC yet, was waiting to check it out before I start my last savegame for fs19
I have to agree with Chedly, I broke down and tried American life. It's not a bad map but seems too compact for me and I'm stuck with the pre placed farms with slot count. I'm more of a freestyle placeable custom farm junkie so my vote is Griffin hands down.
Yeah but what field did you sacrifice to build a farm. The starting farm is too remote for my liking
I had built at start location but have since deleted my save and starting fresh. I sort of landlocked myself with my initial build and have a better idea of what I want to do. I prefer remoteness lol. Also I start small so starting out up top suits me perfectly and then down the road I setup large scale milking towards the south. I'm trying to use all parts of the map and all genre of machines. I have yet to do anything unspeakable with animals but since I have my go to map and got past trying to use seasons I'm sure I will get there.

Dont get me wrong, American life is very detailed and has extra crops and lancys' effort shows!
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I'm thinking of getting started on that small $15k lot in town and grabbing fields 20 and 21 down the line.....ultimately sacrifice the top part of field 10 when I get larger
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

I'm starting small but prob not that small lol. Eventually I wanna have a full fledged large scale down on the flat. I figure I can move once or twice
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I'm starting very small lol. Zero money land or equipment. X5 speed, hard economy, no seasons though. Charging myself $100/night to stay at the motel until I build a house on the 15k lot that I don't own yet lol
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

That's hardcore haha
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

chedly_farms wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:22 am [Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]

And still the undefeated best American map on console ….Griffin, Indiana!

[/Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]
Yes. It might be a good map, for some. There are just too many things that I don’t jive with. Like I was with Marwell and then Osina…Griffin is a true masterpiece.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I started on griffin already bc I didn't feel like waiting any longer, especially when it was supposed to be released and he pulled it back himself lol
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:41 am I started on griffin already bc I didn't feel like waiting any longer, especially when it was supposed to be released and he pulled it back himself lol
I would be doing a disservice if I told you not to check american life farming once it releases on PC. Depending on your playstyle it may be your cup of tea. Who knows, I may try it if and when I get played out on Griffin. But for now Griffin checks the most boxes for me but Lancy did do a really nice job on american life. It's funny because if I watch gameplay vids in would lean more to american life, but to be in both maps personally its different. I'd check both out and if american life doesnt scratch your itch more than your current griffin I'd stay on griffin.

That's enough run on sentences for this post lol
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Oh I definitely intend to take a peek regardless
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I just started a new save on this map- it's really good. I also prefer to start with an empty plot, but this map gets me close enough. If I could have one wish, it would be to remove the shed in the middle of the field across from the farmhouse.
Old fat guy with a day job...
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I think Field 32, the one that comes with a small house and shed, is a good alternative to the default starting farm.
Aromat_ZA

Post by Aromat_ZA »

Hi all, also got tired of waiting for American Life Farming started on Griffin and it is amazing! Such a small file size for so much detail and it is well optimized as well. Great work @AJFarmer.

Does anyone else have an issue with the locomotive? Mine is hovering in the air and if you drive it it just sticks to the outskirts of the map clipping through everything. Tried with no mods and with all my mods enabled and it does the same thing
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Other may know more, but I believe the train goes "off-map" on purpose to limit the number of times it runs through town. Having been hit by the train on Ravenport more times than I can count, I think it's a great solution. The train ride is interesting, once.
Old fat guy with a day job...
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I have been on this map for a few weeks now. I got rid of the starting equipment and farm and bought the land near the "mansion on the hill" (named by a transportation contract). I put a welcome mat at the porch steps and set up a small beef farm up there. I like the views, but I'm completely off the main road. Perfectly secluded and surrounded by woods. Lots of trails for the SxS. I even have a pond and a camp site!

Seriously, this map is a masterpiece. I would rank it up there with Lone Oak for FS17.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!