Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

chedly_farms

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by chedly_farms »

^If you build it, he will come. Go the distance! Ease his pain.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Question for the "Seasons" players- on my second summer, and I seem to get the shaft on harvest contracts? Only a couple per harvest rotation, and I always seem to miss out on the bigger fields (9,10,19,18,etc). No shortage of fertilizer contracts, though. Sometimes I feel like I'm playing the JD 4940 drybox simulator...
Old fat guy with a day job...
Farming Dave

Post by Farming Dave »

Get the better contracts mod. It will allow you to clear contracts out and get new ones issued. I’ve notice this helps a bit regardless of the map.
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Console peasant, unfortunately...
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Farming Dave wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:18 pm Get the better contracts mod. It will allow you to clear contracts out and get new ones issued. I’ve notice this helps a bit regardless of the map.
Unfortunately I'm on console... :frown:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

I've noticed with longer seasons that the contracts seem to dwindle down to mostly just fertilizing. When I was running 21 day seasons I run into that issue a lot.

Having switched to 3 Day seasons in preparation for FS22, there is no shortage of contracts and if you don't like the contracts, wait 5-10 minutes and most of them have changed
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

ValhallSN95 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:01 pm Having switched to 3 Day seasons in preparation for FS22, there is no shortage of contracts and if you don't like the contracts, wait 5-10 minutes and most of them have changed
I mostly use 9-15 day seasons in FS17 and now today I use 15-21 day season on FS19 would be nice if we can change the season length in FS22 *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:03 pm I mostly use 9-15 day seasons in FS17 and now today I use 15-21 day season on FS19 would be nice if we can change the season length in FS22 *thumbsup*
I agree, but I'm getting used to the 3 days seasons in the meantime. It does make things a lot faster paced. I've always run 21 day seasons, so it's taking a lot of getting used to.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I was running 12, and it seemed like all the harvest jobs happened in one day, and on the next day every other field showed as harvested. Going longer didn't help, but I like having a couple of days to work my own fields when they need attention, so I don't really want to go shorter. Wish there was a 240 option in the time settings...
wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

So, in a nod (a shallow, casual nod...) to realism, I sold my Lizard Underbelly and added a Wilson Pacesetter Super B. (I just don't like the American style doubles...). It looks awesome hooked up to my Nitro Blue Phoenix, and so far I really like it.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I always just buy the tandem, and sell the non 5th wheel trailer. I like having the smaller trailer anyways as my farm is small. So at the moment for grain transportation, I use one of those and the dump truck version of the Phoenix.

lawm

Post by lawm »

I cut grass in field 32 in the middle of a harvest. Fell asleep with growth left on and overpaid my worker a full day and had to re cut grass. That lil hesston baler looked like one of those foam disk shooters on full auto. In 2 rows I filled a wagon. Guess I'll just treat the me falling asleep aspect like an unforeseen cost since we dont have costs for breakdowns etc. Also trucking crops to sell using gravity wagons is getting old, along with no silo to hold for price. I see debt going up after this "season".
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^lol,

I'm in the middle of a wheat hay harvest to put into my new to me cement upright silo. I hired a contractor with a Rostselmash swather come and cut it. It's a pretty cool machine. And then I'm chopping it with my pull behind harvester. I'm also looking into a new to me John Deere combine for grain wheat harvest. I got my eyes on a 9500 at a good price.

lawm

Post by lawm »

Ya I like those green units. I cant wait to get down to them big flat fields and run a few units simultaneously
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

This map is addicting! I played it for roughly 100 hours and decided to go elsewhere. Then, after another 50 hours or so on another map, I changed maps and came back to Griffin! Then, in a fit of ADHD (self-proclaimed), I left Griffin to explore yet another map. Surprisingly (not), I'm back to Griffin (again). I know it's been said many times before, but I believe this is one of the best made "American-style" map in FS19. I do, however, blame Mr. AJ for making it so addicting and causing me to continually quit other maps or even not try other maps! All this to say: thanks for an outstanding piece of work! :hi:
Playing on Xbox since FS15