Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

chedly_farms

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by chedly_farms »

@NotoriousWeber, not gonna lie, if i couldn't get my silage out, I'd throw a remote quite a few times. Then, I'd cuss out all the wrong people before I came up with imaginary storyline like the silage all went bad and figure out where to go from there. I guess an imagination is the only limit to your situation.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Chedly-

Admittedly it's pretty frustrating. The worst part of it is I filled 2 bunkers, one with grass and one with maize. I was able to, after many attempts and many minutes(maybe hours) of driving all over the pile with a telehandler trying to open the grass silage bunker, it finally opened. The bunker then told me it had "0 liters" of silage in it. That should have been my first clue the bunker was scuffed...I was able to use all of it, but then i moved to my corn silage in my 2nd year and I cannot get it open. It says it's open, but the blanket is still over it and I cannot get any silage out of it. The even better news is it's harvest time and I don't have any silage corn planted.

Luckily I'm on PC. I will likley just Easy Dev Tools about 550,000 liters of maize silage and dump it in a shed. Kills the realism but in real life I wouldn't NOT be able to get the blanket off my bunker. Pretty infuriating. Especially when I have 60 cows to feed.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

On another note, I absolutely love this map. It's filled my desire for this game for the first time since Lone Oak. Apparently it's very hard to create an "american feel" map...because I can't find any that I like. MRG makes some great maps but it seems like all of his yards are much to small for an American farming set up.

This will likley be home untill FS22 comes out.....................if they figure out their seasons fiasco that I'm not super pumped about.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I hope you all don't mind that I use this thread to give AJ props, but since I'm playing on this map exclusively I like to talk about my current gameplay and all the cool toys being brought to us to use on this map.

For those of you on PC, this isn't new or groundbreaking, but for us console players, I am blown away by the new Robert and Strautmann Self propelled feed mixers. I want to try new ways to feed my growing cattle and soon to be dairy cow herds. I also really really REALLY like that new Rostselmash swather. I don't want to use it to cut hay, because I have plans to buy the John Deere swather from PolyCount for that. But In my new quest to feed wheat hay, I tried using the new Rostselmash swather on ready to be harvested wheat. After harvesting, I tried to mix it with just a silage bale. And because this Robert mixer is a thing of beauty, just those two ingredients makes TMR for cattle/cows. Oh!!! the playablity and options these new toys open up for us console players. Thank you for coming to my ChedTalk.

wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I've jumped into both Precision and Seasons on my Griffin save. I think the slower pace will help both my immersion and relax me- I was always multitasking and rushing through stuff. So far, I'm really liking it.
Old fat guy with a day job...
lawm

Post by lawm »

wheelmansteve wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:48 pm I've jumped into both Precision and Seasons on my Griffin save. I think the slower pace will help both my immersion and relax me- I was always multitasking and rushing through stuff. So far, I'm really liking it.
Agree 100%. I keep thinking I wanna do what I want when I want....but that's exactly what happens, no organization and loads of chaos lol. My only gripe on seasons is small bales disappearing with massey and dont get why bales disappear so quick from being left out. I see plenty of places where they stack and leave on a field for months and months lol
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Stryder87-Thanks for the comments, the sounds to me are one of the main immersive aspects to pc games. I put a lot of work into them to get volume and trigger times right. There are lots of sounds that only trigger in short time slots. I had to keep it interesting for those of you who may play the map for 500 hrs or more :lol: . The cow sound you heard was most definitely around O'Conner farm. That was a ambient sound I added along with roosters.

@NotoriousWeber- The "American Feel" was my main reason in selecting Griffin Indiana. I drove thru the area many of times thinking this was the spot to create a map.

@chedly_farms- I believe you can post about anything you like in the thread, after all its in the general thread section. I rather enjoy reading how people are playing on the map.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I was just curious if anyone uses the tip collisions in the brown bar across from starter farm. All of the walls have collisions so you can tip without product spilling thru walls. I intended the multiple bays on side for feeding animals or main room for temporary crop storage.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@aj, I was kind of curious about that. I was looking through the ModHub for Commodities sheds for my upcoming expansion but have no idea where to place a shed. So what you are saying is that those slots facing west have tip collisions and will hold grain that I dump in them? If so, that saves me a lot of money and effort. I'll just put concrete down on the ground then. Thank You for another secret.

ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Yep all of the barn walls have tip collisions, Not sure how many liters the bays hold before it spills out into drive. I have not had a chance to really use it yet.
lawm

Post by lawm »

I'm starting to think not much is going to change with next version of FS and that this maps going to be home for the next 2-3 years. Maybe some epic mods or another map maker makes a map this user friendly to placeables and visually appealing.

How long does it take to port a map?
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

ajFarmer wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:56 am I was just curious if anyone uses the tip collisions in the brown bar across from starter farm. All of the walls have collisions so you can tip without product spilling thru walls. I intended the multiple bays on side for feeding animals or main room for temporary crop storage.
This provided an excellent solution to my silage bunker issue I mentioned a few posts back.

Fun fact, the big room of that barn can hold atleast 545,000 liters of silage without spilling out. It can definitely more than that if you were to push it up and fill in all the gaps, but that's what I put in there and its right to the front.

Good idea with the tip collisions! Those bays would be useful for storing bulk lime or fertilizer as well.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Welp, my second year of harvest is finally over. With corn silage giving me just shy of 200k, corn grain gave me 72k and soybeans gave me 108k. So now, I'm onto some field prep. I'm plowing under a hay field and reseeding it this fall as well as planting to more fields of winter oats to go along with the huge field of winter wheat I planted after corn harvest. Also in the very near future, I will be putting in the dairy barn. All in all, it was a productive season. It was a long season, but productive.

lawm

Post by lawm »

Finishing up a wheat harvest and making some baby straw bales on my restart. I built a farm on field 1 using about a third for the yard and the rest is corn. 32 is wheat by mistake, did not check seeder but oh well. Its gonna be grass next planting. I have a love of the small bales and thanks to Chedly for inspiration to realize its gonna be ok not using seasons lol. Great map and great mods equals lots of fun.

wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

I'm still really enjoying this map, still playing both PF and Seasons. My only real complaints are with the base game and the Seasons mod due to the base game bale limit and Seasons zeroing out the value of bulk straw. Even w/ 6000l bales, I routinely get 200+ bales per harvest from my grass harvests and from cereals, and there's no option but to sell off the surplus at whatever the going rate happens to be. Is there a good "store-in-bulk-and-bale-to-sell" workflow? Will that new Lizard combi baler work?
Old fat guy with a day job...