Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

lawm

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by lawm »

Griffin must be on the way out there part of Indiana. I couldn't do a street view of the area on google like I did Lone Oak lol.
lawm

Post by lawm »

sittinhere wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:04 pm I had the same feeling about the main yard. Till I sold everything minus the house. Removed some trees. Added some nice red barns and add the lancyboi silo and turned out really nice. Only thing I would like to see add is different paintable grass. One that matches the grass already there
I'm pretty sure the one paintable grass texture with the tiny white speckles.....when you are tabbing thru the paint options.....is the default one. It just doesn't match as it shows up on the cut or first growth stage. Once it grows I'm fairly certain it will match up with the mature grass. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong or chose the wrong paint option.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Correct, White speckle will match when fully grown. Starts brighter first growth stage. I will remove default solid Green in future update so there is no confusion. Thanks for the input I had never thought about leaving the default texture would cause a problem until now.
jlhsteel

Post by jlhsteel »

AJFarmer is there any other global company features or factories that you use with your map ?
I mainly just use the place anywhere feature
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

Ah ok did not know that. Thank you for clearing that up. Think I am just used to seeing full grown grass texture and threw me off
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

jlhsteel wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:37 pm AJFarmer is there any other global company features or factories that you use with your map ?
I mainly just use the place anywhere feature
No, I just personally use it for same feature. There is also a Mod called Map Objects Hider By: Duke of Modding on Giants Modhub in Misc. Section that allows you to remove anything placed by us pesky map makers. I have not tried it but looks nice.
Blacky1987

Post by Blacky1987 »

I absolutely love the map!! I live in indiana so it is a lot of fun playing this map, I am using a PS4. I have been using the indiana geo, that geo is correct for the state. I did notice one issue with the map, there is only one option for landscaping painting.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Blacky1987 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:44 pm I absolutely love the map!! I live in indiana so it is a lot of fun playing this map, I am using a PS4. I have been using the indiana geo, that geo is correct for the state. I did notice one issue with the map, there is only one option for landscaping painting.
I was contemplating using the indiana geo. Does it get snow in winter? Also what's the deal with canola? For some reason I thought it was a warmer weather crop but i see indiana and lowry geo has canola but the Amish geo i was using did not have canola so i kept away for now
Blacky1987

Post by Blacky1987 »

Yes that geo gets a good amount of snow. Technically there isn’t any canola grown in Indiana that I know of. I only here of it being grown in ever colder/shorter seasons.
garyst

Post by garyst »

Do farmers in Indiana grow milo/grain sorghum? That is a crop I would really like to grow in fs19 but very few maps have it.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

I am testing GEO_GriffinIndiana tonight and tomorrow with my 9 year old daughter. I will submit it Sunday evening it should be on the Modhub by Wednesday. I took all the average data from weatherspark.com
It will not snow a lot, only late DEC thru FEB. In fast forward testing a few seasons there was no snow and it's actually pretty realistic. as Griffin is 38 LAT and GEO_Indiana is at 42 LAT up around Indy.We do get a lot of rain in spring and so far it's running good. Yes we can grow milo & sorghum in Indiana. Though not much. Soybeans and Corn is mostly grown.
lawm

Post by lawm »

garyst wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:24 pm Do farmers in Indiana grow milo/grain sorghum? That is a crop I would really like to grow in fs19 but very few maps have it.
Lol I never knew what sorghum was until they harvested wheat beside my first home i purchased and then replanted what looked like corn at first. I asked my dad what it was and he said sorghum. Apparently it was very common when my grandfather farmed but faded out in our area. I guess that's what they used for silage instead of chopping corn
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

ajFarmer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:54 pm I'm working on the GEO for the area. It will be submitted to to Giants today.
Will your GEO have snow in the winters?
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 am
ajFarmer wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:54 pm I'm working on the GEO for the area. It will be submitted to to Giants today.
Yes just varied from year to year as in real life. FYI the GEO_Indiana also affects economy. have not looked into the numbers but I may add the file and tweak it for GEO_GriffinIndiana
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

AndOnTheDrums wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:42 am
Silly me - I didnt read through the whole thread.