Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

chedly_farms

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by chedly_farms »

@Lawm, I keep looking at that brazillian machine thinking I would like to make it an Oliver in my game play. It looks nice.

So, I got the builders out and they put in the new dairy barn. and I have a milking herd of 40 Holsteins at the moment. I am looking into selling off a lot of the Angus herd, and buying more Holsteins. I also did some contract harvesting, helping out on some soybean fields. I realized my 25 foot grain header on my 2166 is really small in comparison to a newer New Holland and 45 ft draper. So I think I am getting to a point were I close my eyes and pretend it's spring again. I need to purchase a slurry spreader and maybe upgrade the JD 4WD. I'm maybe looking into a Steiger. Fun Fun Fun!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

@ Chedly...... I have not convinced myself whether it's a better Oliver or MM yellow. When it's yellow it kind of reminds me of the Minneapolis Welker farms got running again. Heads up it does not work well with the baby baler ,the angle is off and the bales just slamm into the front of the wagon. I use it for shuttling and some light Tillage
Boost_GLR

Post by Boost_GLR »

lawm wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:07 am
Do the bale's still disappear with that baler? I remember when it first came out, some were having that issue. I don't know what the issue was that caused it though.
FS22 on Xbox Series X. But play the older titles on PC.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I think that is just a seasons issue. I run without seasons, and my bales stay. It's one of the big reasons that I haven't gone to seasons.

lawm

Post by lawm »

@boost......what Chedly said. Seasons makes them disappear. I'm in the same boat as Chedly. It's honestly the reason that tips the scale to no seasons for me. For some reason there is something about throwing some bales in my pickup and feeding the horses and beef cows by hand
lawm

Post by lawm »

I should have posted some pictures where I cut some trees down. Does anyone else find it utterly satisfying to fall one of the large Maple type trees and Cut it up?
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

lawm wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:33 pm I should have posted some pictures where I cut some trees down. Does anyone else find it utterly satisfying to fall one of the large Maple type trees and Cut it up?
Probably but I originally cut large trees like in a forest.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@lawm I did at first, on this map. But lately I have issue with parts of branches falling through the map, due to how AJ made it. That is not a knock, I understand why he did it, and I appreciate how the tree lines look because of it. So I’ll gladly accept this little bug because of how good the map looks. So with that said, I just use a tree “eraser” when I want to clear some out.

lawm

Post by lawm »

@Chedly I do not follow what these issues are I guess I have not run into them or know what you're talking about yet. Hopefully I just keep choosing the right trees
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I was building a path through some trees and I would come across some bigger trees that I couldn't cut them down, because my chainsaw would not give me that option for one reason or another. But I could cut the branches. When the branches would fall they would go through the map and the folliage would stick up through the map. Upon saving an restarting, those pieces dissapeared. I think it has to do with some trees being rescaled or whatever you want to call it. Whatever he did to make the forests more realistic. But I could also have a mod conflict, because sometimes, I've had single pioneer seed bags fall through as well.

lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:55 pm I was building a path through some trees and I would come across some bigger trees that I couldn't cut them down, because my chainsaw would not give me that option for one reason or another. But I could cut the branches. When the branches would fall they would go through the map and the folliage would stick up through the map. Upon saving an restarting, those pieces dissapeared. I think it has to do with some trees being rescaled or whatever you want to call it. Whatever he did to make the forests more realistic. But I could also have a mod conflict, because sometimes, I've had single pioneer seed bags fall through as well.
I had a tree that it would not give me the chainsaw Option but if I took a few steps back it would show up and I would cut the tree down from like 10' away it seemed. But I was able to limb it out normally normally I don't know. But like you said I'm really not worried because I have yet to find any trees that I cannot dispose of with black sheep tree Grinder. I've heard other people say about having issues but it seems like if I keep at it and find just the slightest angle or height I can usually get rid of them
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

That's good to hear. I've had a slow go of late. Because I need to make some big purchases, and I don't know which will come first. I may just lease the stuff I need at first, and in my head, role play that I had a custom crew come in and do it.

wheelmansteve

Post by wheelmansteve »

Any advice on what I can get away with planting in late summer/early fall with the Griffin GEO? When should I put winter grains in?
Old fat guy with a day job...
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

I started a "start from scratch" game yesterday on that small plot of land. It has a house and a shed. It's just south of the main starting farm. Gonna buy one of the forest areas soon.

Probably my favorite map so far. It's just so versatile. And it looks great. Very well done.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@wheelmansteve, I don't play seasons, so I am no help.

Right now on my game save, I'm just figuring out how BIG to go. I've bought a couple semis, and a big Kaweco slurry tanker with Joskin Injector shanks. It's nice, but I'm looking at a Veenhuis tanker because it's quite a few slots less. But I got to purchase more land and whatnot. I hate when I have to make decisions. I can never get anything done, because I'm always second guessing myself. I really wish there was a demo option in the game for console. I try to test things out on a test map, but I never find out everything about a piece of equipment until I try it.