Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

lawm

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by lawm »

Me Too! Luckily I stopped using seasons these long work days have me falling Asleep. With growth turned off the only thing I am out is my worker wages from him sitting with a full grain tank four hours last night lol
lawm

Post by lawm »

Chedly did you happen to try the CBT 1105? I think it may be in my hay lineup going forward. Closest thing to console MM. I like that on this map I can have a diverse setup of designated machines for tasks instead of playing tractor Chinese fire drill
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:36 pm Chedly did you happen to try the CBT 1105? I think it may be in my hay lineup going forward. Closest thing to console MM. I like that on this map I can have a diverse setup of designated machines for tasks instead of playing tractor Chinese fire drill
I haven't yet. I'm gonna try some of these Deutz tractors that have been dropping on the modhub over the last few months. I have the Deutz-Allis in Allis Chalmers orange as my planting tractor for now. I'm gonna get the White Workhorse and put it on the Kuhn Slinger. And probably put the Deutz D 10006 on a feed wagon/hay tedder/rake duty. I'm really excited for the Articulated Allis Chalmers in the works, but I won't need it until I do tillage again which probably won't be for a month or so.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I think Bigfoot is on the loose in field 9 near the bale sale barn. He has thrown a set of shelving so high in the air it will not return to ground. It just hangs there a few meters in the air. Not a problem for most machinery but a JD T560 harvester cannot pass beneath it.

Just finishing up on my second season of harvest and looking to have finances to buy both fields 17 and 23. Great map but we need to catch Bigfoot before he breaks something. :biggrin2:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:02 pm
lawm wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:36 pm Chedly did you happen to try the CBT 1105? I think it may be in my hay lineup going forward. Closest thing to console MM. I like that on this map I can have a diverse setup of designated machines for tasks instead of playing tractor Chinese fire drill
I haven't yet. I'm gonna try some of these Deutz tractors that have been dropping on the modhub over the last few months. I have the Deutz-Allis in Allis Chalmers orange as my planting tractor for now. I'm gonna get the White Workhorse and put it on the Kuhn Slinger. And probably put the Deutz D 10006 on a feed wagon/hay tedder/rake duty. I'm really excited for the Articulated Allis Chalmers in the works, but I won't need it until I do tillage again which probably won't be for a month or so.
Be sure to get the front weights on the White Workhorse. I am using one dressed in Minneapolis Moline colors probably a little light on HP but good for lite work.
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Dagrump wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:23 pm I think Bigfoot is on the loose in field 9 near the bale sale barn. He has thrown a set of shelving so high in the air it will not return to ground. It just hangs there a few meters in the air. Not a problem for most machinery but a JD T560 harvester cannot pass beneath it.

Just finishing up on my second season of harvest and looking to have finances to buy both fields 17 and 23. Great map but we need to catch Bigfoot before he breaks something. :biggrin2:
@Dagrump
Can you post a picture of the shelving in question, I will find the offending shelve and remove the physics on it so it wont happen again. My best guess is it came from the Farmers Market. I contacted the local Sheriff and he said he will try to question Bigfoot about the incident.

@pfryermp5
I do not have plans to add multifruit to Griffin Indiana 19 as of now. I believe FS 22 is going to add new crops from the sounds of it, so Griffin Indiana 22 will have all of the goodies. I appreciate wanting to donate, but I just do it for fun. That and I am to lazy to set up donation site :lol:

@Everyone
Sorry been awhile. I got off on a Kerbal Space Program kick and had not played much FS. I will submit update v1.3 soon to address the flying shelve and signs clipping on few of the buildings. There is a few buildings that I set the view distance to low on the windows and they don't show up until your really close. There is also a road sign that needs to be fixed. I will also change new farmer start location per Balsafer request. Nothing major just final tweaks to finish the map off. Any other issues that need to be addressed feel free to post.

I am eagerly waiting for FS 22 and a port of Griffin Indiana 22. It looks like from screen shots released by Giants. I will need to replace all of the trees to allow snow to accumulate on them. When doing this I will make sure every tree on the map can be cut. There also looks like there will be some really nice buildings to add(replace) to the map. Hopefully the doors will work on them :biggrin2:

Edit: Crazy, the map made the "In Popular Culture" section on Wikipedia about Griffin, Indiana
lawm

Post by lawm »

Seemed like when the map 1st came out I could not get Google maps to let me do the street view. But when I was in the Wikipedia page it said the road that the starting farm was on. Now I was able to go through town you did a remarkable recreation for this map. I mean it was already great but when comparing it makes it that much more impressive.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@lawm
Its funny, when the map first came out there were few people(YouTubers) griping about the useless buildings on the main farm and no animals across the street. As you have noticed from Google maps those "useless" buildings are there in real life and there is only few buildings across the street not fit for a animal farm. I did make few alterations for buildings such as the Court House and Mall area, but all and all its pretty close. I am hoping to have more vanilla building models to work with when FS22 is available.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Hi Aj,

I also did a satellite view of Griffin and was also amazed as how accurately you have depicted the area. Thanks for all your hard and dedicated work.

Here is a screenshot of the "flying shelves" below. It really is not that big a problem you just need to be sure your CP or AD courses do not go under it.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Just read Wiki, so (in a kid voice)
"Mr, ajFarmer, what was the rail line that used to run through Griffin?"

Also known as the random stuff I'm curios about (I may be a train fan)
And now I wonder if custom locomotive decals could be fun...
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
ajFarmer

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana https://forum.giants-software.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=963&p=13932Map - by AJFa

Post by ajFarmer »

@DEERE317
A little background info
Historically, the original line was called the Peoria Decatur & Evansville. The line officially became part of the Illinois Central System in 1901. Some of the stations and towns served on this line included Peoria, Bridge Junction, Wesley, West Liberty, Dundas, Jonathan, Olney, Calhoun, Simpson’s Spur, Parkersburg, Brick Track, West Salem, Bone Gap, Browns, Siegert, Grayville, Hovey, Hartlein, Griffin, Barrett, Poseyville, Wendel, Martin, Armstrong, Wilcox, Harwood, Evansville, New Harmony, Rogers, Effingham, McClain, Major, and Indiana. The line also had a branch that ran from Stewartsville, Rogers, and into New Harmony. The former PD&E – ICRR line eventually in the later years became the Indiana High Rail. Today, almost all of the railroad has been abandoned.
I found this Website that has more info on current state of some of the RR spurs. https://www.abandonedrails.com/browns-to-poseyville.

Edit: From the looks of the abandonrails website there is a airfield across the street from Main farm called Fifer Field. :this:
Crop Dusters anyone!

@Dagrump
Thanks for the comments
Those shelves are literally "Jacked Up"
From the looks of it it appears you may have a mod installed that uses those shelves. The map itself only uses vanilla props and those do not look vanilla. I checked the id3 File and there nowhere to be found. There are no shelves on the map in that configuration (end to end L shape) as well.

There is obviously a conflict going on but I do not thank that it is map related. Check your mods and let me know what you find. If it is map related I dont even no why or how that could happen. Obviously Bigfoot would not be to blame, Perhaps Aliens?
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Thx.
If you’re ever bored look up Sibley Illinois, it’s old depot is similar to Griffin’s in terms of fate.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dagrump

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana https://forum.giants-software.com/posting.php?mode=quote&f=963&p=13932Map - by AJFa

Post by Dagrump »

ajFarmer wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:55 am
@Dagrump
Thanks for the comments
Those shelves are literally "Jacked Up"
From the looks of it it appears you may have a mod installed that uses those shelves. The map itself only uses vanilla props and those do not look vanilla. I checked the id3 File and there nowhere to be found. There are no shelves on the map in that configuration (end to end L shape) as well.

There is obviously a conflict going on but I do not thank that it is map related. Check your mods and let me know what you find. If it is map related I dont even no why or how that could happen. Obviously Bigfoot would not be to blame, Perhaps Aliens?
Good call @AJ. The culprit was a 56X96 ToolShed from the Michigan 3.5 map building set. As soon as I sold the building the "Flying Shelves" disappeared. Please extend my apologies to Bigfoot for my uncalled for accusations. Looking forward to your FS22 version this fall.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I’m happy that we have cleared the name of Sasquatch, and we can get back to the real criminals in town. You know….skateboarders.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

I think some of y'all been eating too much Jack's Link, the way your all are messin with sasquatch lol