Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

DEERE317

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by DEERE317 »

ajFarmer wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:36 am You sure it was not this guy in the dump truck :lol:
So that means you? As it’s your traffic coding.
I need to go find an Anakin betrays Obi Wan meme...
Actually it might be that guy the gra/ey sedan with the bumper crushed. (Actually not sure what the ‘Merican spelling of gra/ey is anymore :lol:)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Field 19 is like my personal ATM when it comes to contracts. However I also use up three hours of my life. We have a love/hate relationship. I finished it last night and I forgot how long that harvesting contract took, so at the moment it’s love.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Keepsite

Post by Keepsite »

Had a run in with the mad drivers in Griffin myself! Really enjoying this.

My update below....

Early spring sees more of the same. Plowing and transport contracts. We grind our cash up to near $10k. Important meeting with the bank manager. Hoping for a loan to purchase the little in town plot.
We put forward our business plan to purchase the plot of land and turn it into an olive grove to generate income.

The bank agrees to loan a total of 75% of our total assets, which means we have secured a $10k loan! But we must accept two local contracts per day to ensure regular income, and the loan must be repaid in full by summer. And they made it clear, they wouldn’t be offering another loan until it has been repaid in full.

With the loan we have enough to purchase the little plot and a chainsaw as we need to clear the trees before it is of any use to us. But on closer inspection, we are happy to discover there is just enough room right on the corner of the plot, to place our first olive tree. We feed it with manure and water it well and hope it will take root and flourish.

The rest of the time is spend felling trees and filling our small trailer with logs. It’s a time consuming process, but is generating a nice little income.

Realising that we have completed most of the plowing jobs available on the smaller fields, and we have to fulfill the terms of the loan to complete two contracts per day, we purchase a cultivator. It’s called a Harrow 5 by HeniekNDF. The little fergie struggles to keep it straight when pulling it, but it does the job. Managed to complete contracts on field 7 and 2. Nearly ran out of fuel while plowing on field 20! Not the largest gas tank in the world on the fergie.

As we head into mid spring, we bump into a local modder Ostry. I said I’m looking for a fertiliser but have low powered tractor. He brings out the Lizard FS60/2 which is designed for a slightly larger tractor. But this clever inventor, makes a minor adjustment, and the little fergie can just about pull it. It has a working width of 24m! So we head off for the our first fertilising contract worth a whopping $12k, less the cost of the fertiliser of course.

But the fergie right at its limit, which means as soon as it even starts to spit with rain, it loosing traction and can’t continue. So in the middle of a cultivating contract, it starts to ran, so we have to head for shelter. In fact a rule for this gameplay is no field work in the rain with a modded tractor. So back to clearing more trees in our plot, while we wait for the weather to clear.

Armed with some more capital, we plant another olive tree. At $1,000 outlay they are cheap, but bring in $60 an hour! So will pay for themselves in no time. We are now rich! We have $20k in the bank! Of course we still owe the bank, but lets forget that for now. We are rich!
Keepsite

Post by Keepsite »

ajFarmer wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:55 pm Yeah that new owner of the hotel can see a drifter roll into town a mile away.
I got a JD 3020 now for all the grunt work, and use the fergie and the trailer for seed/fertilizer tending with Courseplay. Finishing up fertilizer season so have enough now to buy lot in town and get the farm started.
Do you have the plot in town yet AJ? Anyone else purchased it? What did you do with it?
Wondering if these olive trees pay too much! $60 an hour and that’s on hard setting. Haven’t played on full seasons for long before. Maybe I will be grateful for the money down the line.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I've restarted for the umpteenth time lol. Hard economy, 9 day seasons, x5 speed, no leasing. Bought field 32 so I have a house and a shed. Deleted the field in anticipation of that becoming my farm yard. The shed on the plot houses my contractor business. Rocking stara equipment for my contractor business. All work done with contracts is done by hired help. Loans allowed. So far I have a self propelled sprayer/spreader (stara) and the bigger stara tractor that's been tirelessly plowing fields 24 hours a day hahaha.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Keepsite-
Love the story play, looks like your having a lot of fun with it. I enjoy reading about it.

I still have not purchased the lot yet but I am working on it.
I am actually in the process of setting up another save with the Real Life Numbers By:Kaj-Aage Henneberg/ArmChairFarming for PC only.
They spent a extreme amount of time working on the mod, so far it looks really awesome.
Play progress with it is realistically slow if your into that. You don't need house rules, as the mod takes care of that for you.
The nice than is if there are parts you don't like you can disable one of the 22 scripts easily. It also comes with a 90pg manual and loads of data. To help you out.
I will post the core game play mods and how I got it setup once I am up and running.

Regarding the Olive trees
Seasons should adjust the pay rate, unless the mod has not been "normalized" this is according to Seasons manual. Read up on it to get better explanation.
Keepsite

Post by Keepsite »

Sounds like a good mod. Would love to try it, but console sadly. Will check out seasons notes. Olive tree must be changed. I’m getting nearly 3k income a day with just two trees. Other fruit trees give $20an hour, but they cost a lot more. May have to balance it or limit it myself if becomes too easy.

I have been trying something myself.
I always think mega cheap mods are “cheating” when trying to play semi realistic. But on console, we do not have access to second hand equipment. So all mods I am treating as second hand....and as such they cost more to maintain and increased chance of breaking down.

My idea I’m trying. When you start to work a field, you have to rent the same machinery to represent the extra maintenance cost.

To simulate the lack of reliability, roll a dice. D6.
2-6 carry on as normal.
On a 1, you breakdown. You have to head to a workshop.

At the workshop , roll another d6.
5- 6 - simple fix. No cost, leave instantly.
3-4 not serious. But have to leave it in the workshop for 1 game hour.
2 more serious. Can be fixed but needs 3 in game hours.
1 costly. Need to order parts. Won’t be ready until 7am the following day, and costs another rental of the machinery.

And mods can’t work in rain. Don’t know if it will add to the game, or become annoying. But I’m going to see how it goes.
Keepsite

Post by Keepsite »

Please keep us updated with the new game and how the mod works. I know I can’t use it, but it’s fun to see how others experience the same map and develop their farm etc.

@dmz I have earmarked field 32 for my potential farmyard too! But I’m a long way from having funds to purchase it.
Sorry for multiple posts. Catching up on a weeks posts.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Has anyone used AJ geo for the map and gone thru an entire season? Was wondering if I switch over at some point, how much snow to expect on 9 day seasons
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

I use his geo. Only was able to get to winter once so far on 6 day seasons a while ago. The snow was very manageable. I exclusively use this geo now bc of it.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

DMZ thanks. I want snow for the contracts, just prefer not butthole deep to a giraffe all thru winter
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

His geo will definitely accommodate the snow contracts without having to replow every 5 seconds bc its never ending snow

Little update on my business. Traded in the sprayer/spreader for a second tractor. Townsfolk were getting upset that this monstrosity was running around town. I'm up to 3 tractors, a plow, 2 cultivators, and a spreader. Mid spring, business is booming, my employees are running around like crazy, even working some OT on the overnights to get the work done.
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@lawm-
DMZ Commander is correct about Geo: Griffin Indiana. It behaves realistically for area on 6 or 9 day seasons. 3 days you may not get any snow though.

@DmZ Commander- It's nice to start out small and work your way up. Very rewarding.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Got me a tlx2020 with a plow and fuel tanker bed. One of my tractors ran out of fuel mid job, had to run out and get him some fuel haha. Also grabbed a plow for it even though it's only mid spring lol. I still wanna get a 4th tractor and a few more duplicate plows and cultivators to be able to run multiple machines on the same field to get the job done quicker
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Liberator

Post by Liberator »

Nice looking map apart from the no power lines on the poles or has it been updated.