Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

chedly_farms

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by chedly_farms »

I like the "Hay Baron of Posey County" better. lol.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I took a screenshot of my cow pasture in one of those meadows on the north end of the map. I cleared some trees out to create a path, then put a gate, and dropped a few placeables to create a nice little cattle environment. This is one of a few maps you can pull something like this off.

Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Nice job Chedly!
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

It was one of the things I really wanted to do with this map, when I first scouted it out. On my neighbors farm, he had his cattle pasture in a little clearing in the trees like this.

NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

Has anyone had any issues with the grass not regrowing after mowing it in the fall?

I mowed in the late fall, and am currently on day 1 of summer the following year and my grass is still in the "harvested" state.

Playing on PC w/ 6 day seasons with the Griffin geo.
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

NotoriousWeber wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:43 pm Has anyone had any issues with the grass not regrowing after mowing it in the fall?

I mowed in the late fall, and am currently on day 1 of summer the following year and my grass is still in the "harvested" state.

I had the same issue. I play 6 day seasons but on PS4. It was late summer before my grass started to regrow. Hang in there, it'll grow!
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

JusGSi wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:20 pm
NotoriousWeber wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:43 pm Has anyone had any issues with the grass not regrowing after mowing it in the fall?

I had the same issue. I play 6 day seasons but on PS4. It was late summer before my grass started to regrow. Hang in there, it'll grow!
10-4. Thank you, I was just wondering if I could have to plow it up and replant. Looks like I just wont be able to mow this year.

This helps! Thank you!
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@chedly_farms- I like the cattle set up a lot, nice inspiration. I will be doing something similar when I can afford some ground up that way.

@NotoriousWeber- I play on 9 day seasons and not had any troubles yet. I believe earlier in the thread there was a similar report using 6 days. The Geo is standard set up with only weather settings changed using averages from weather spark, nothing fancy. I would not think Seasons days would effect grass all that much but I may be wrong. I know it effects snow ,rain and temperature patterns if set to short (not as accurate). I will look into the Griffin Indiana Geo and see if there's any changes I could make. If there is a problem it is with the GEO not the map. Keep me posted if it decides to grow, make note of current weather if you would. Thanks

Edit: It appears JusGSi may have resolved it LOL, but it should grow earlier. I will look into it
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

@AJfARMER- I feel like I had a similar issue on Lone Oak awhile back now that I'm thinking about it. I think it's a seasons issue, not necessarily a map or a geo issue. Something about mowing on day 5 or 6 of fall screws with grass re-growth.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I believe it’s geo related, I wanna say there was a thread here at one time about it.
Edit: So I found this, farmcatjenkins who made some geos for fs, talking about grass growth for the Midwest geo. viewtopic.php?f=963&t=158906&hilit=Gras ... h&start=15
Basically that if you cut past the grass growth in the geo it won’t regrow until much later? I don’t really know much about it just that myself and others have had similar issues with the Midwest geo
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Mwal- Thanks for the info. I used the Indiana Geo for my template and just adjusted the weather. I will take a look at the Griffin GEO and see what I need to change. I will need to do a little research to see how you should set that up.
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

I came late to the game regarding this map, but I've been playing it continuously for a couple weeks now, and I have to say it's really amazing. As some have mentioned, the sounds alone are so well done... I always chuckle as I drive by the auto shop and hear the radio blasting. :lol:

I, too, went through the woods looking for bigfoot... didn't see him, but I swear he was stalking me!

The one really weird thing I had happen was a car 'Moo'd' at me after it hit me. I was pulling out and got hit by a car, it pushed me off the road, and as I was turning back onto the road, a second car hit me the same way. It moo's at me. No horn, a moo. There's no cattle on the map, so it wasn't an environmental sound... it was a cow... the car had a cow.... :shock: *thumbsup*

I've been trying to figure out why there are so many unnumbered fields/zones you can buy... but Chedly's idea kinda answered my question. Considering all the trails, I think this might be the first map I actually try horses on, just so I can go bigfoot hunting on one!

Great job AJ! My farm looks even better with all the AJTech mods scattered around it! :biggrin2: (I'm assuming those are yours, too! If not... I'm so embarrassed!! :shock: )
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

AJTech is Alien Jim
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
Stryder87

Post by Stryder87 »

DMZ Commander wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:00 am AJTech is Alien Jim
My mistake then. I could have sworn I saw something in a post pages back that looked like they were the same person. :hmm:
Ah well.. still a great map! :mrgreen: *thumbsup*
NotoriousWeber

Post by NotoriousWeber »

ajFarmer wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:24 pm
@NotoriousWeber- I play on 9 day seasons and not had any troubles yet. I believe earlier in the thread there was a similar report using 6 days. The Geo is standard set up with only weather settings changed using averages from weather spark, nothing fancy. I would not think Seasons days would effect grass all that much but I may be wrong. I know it effects snow ,rain and temperature patterns if set to short (not as accurate). I will look into the Griffin Indiana Geo and see if there's any changes I could make. If there is a problem it is with the GEO not the map. Keep me posted if it decides to grow, make note of current weather if you would. Thanks
Just to reply to this, turns out I was in day 6 of spring, I ended up in Day 1 of summer last night and the grass went from "harvested" to stage 1 of growth.

The rest of the map however that has never been mowed has the grass in a "ready to harvest" state.

Anyway, i can work with that. I have bigger issues. I used a bugged silage bunker and I have 545,000 liters of fermented maizesilage that I cannot pull the cover off of........so I gotta figure out how to get around that.