Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Dagrump

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by Dagrump »

Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Dudeguy

Post by Dudeguy »

This is the best American style map on the mod hub. Thank you so much for listening to the community and making changes we like. Looking forward to playing it again in Fs 22
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@dudeguy, you ain't lyin'!
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

Chedly....refresh my memory, have you done non seasons beef pastures previously? I put one up and only been a few hrs in but have not seen a next animal time pop in yet.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

This is my first time. I have two separate pastures. Make sure you got food and water.

lawm

Post by lawm »

I do, like I said only played a couple hours so maybe just need to give it some time
lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:29 am This is my first time. I have two separate pastures. Make sure you got food and water.
How many cows you got and how long to get enough to sell?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

lawm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:08 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:29 am This is my first time. I have two separate pastures. Make sure you got food and water.
I bought 8 in the first pen a long long longggggg time ago. I'm not giving them TMR, just hay. And I'm at 21. With their reproductive rate around 70 hours at the moment. Now I'm taking it slow on purpose, as I have another pen with 23 head. I bought 16 in that one not too long ago. Reproductive rate in that one around 68 hours giving them just silage bales. I could combine them to get a better reproductive rate. But I'm in this game save for the long haul, so I'm taking everything very slow, so I know how much of what I need as I grow. I guess I just play slower than most players as I enjoy all my chores, even mucking out the covered cattle barn. I think once you have a herd of around 60, the rate is around 24 hours, at least that is what I remember on my Marwell save with the dairy cows. This probably doesn't help.

lawm

Post by lawm »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:26 pm
lawm wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:08 pm
I bought 8 in the first pen a long long longggggg time ago. I'm not giving them TMR, just hay. And I'm at 21. With their reproductive rate around 70 hours at the moment. Now I'm taking it slow on purpose, as I have another pen with 23 head. I bought 16 in that one not too long ago. Reproductive rate in that one around 68 hours giving them just silage bales. I could combine them to get a better reproductive rate. But I'm in this game save for the long haul, so I'm taking everything very slow, so I know how much of what I need as I grow. I guess I just play slower than most players as I enjoy all my chores, even mucking out the covered cattle barn. I think once you have a herd of around 60, the rate is around 24 hours, at least that is what I remember on my Marwell save with the dairy cows. This probably doesn't help.
On the contrary I just think I wasn't patient enough and did not check back before I saved but I thought it was supposed to give me every production rate as soon as they had food and water. I think that was my biggest hiccup with seasons as I liked just starting out with beef cows before moving on to dairy so I have Taken a snapshot of what you just laid out for me that's a huge help and I thank you very much. Now I can be at ease playing vanilla officially haha.

I also want to take it slow so just having a few head and being able to reproduce is great I don't need them overnight but I don't want to be wasting Hay on something that is not reproducing lol
lawm

Post by lawm »

Also is the reproductive rate real hours or game hrs? I can never remember and I dont do animals......like ever. It's another one of my let's save things to keep the game interesting when in reality I'm just robbing my enjoyment lol
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The reproduction rate is in game hours vs tractor/machinery use which is in real life hours.

Eische

Post by Eische »

For vanilla cows reproduction rate at 100% productivity is 1/50. Meaning with 50 cows you will get 1 new every 24 hours.

If you are playing on PC and do not want to use seasons, search for the mod cattlebreeding. It pretty much does the same thing as seasons by changing the brown and black cows to non-milk-production ones.
This way you do not need a no milk pasture.

By changing the lua file (it is very easy to read) you can adjust the values to your own playstyle:
- reproductivity rate
- food/water/straw amount requirements
- milk/slurry/manure production amount
- buy/sell prices
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
lawm

Post by lawm »

Eische

I need to start getting into the habit of when I ask questions stating that I am On playstation 4 lol. Still your information helped me and getting an idea of what the rate is in a certain Times Span. Like Chedly,
I think that will do quite nicely not being too fast yet not being too slow. Om giddy now !!! Seriously I've yet to do much with animals except dabbling with beef cows and seasons on lone oak
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The thing I have been having the most fun with is buying fields on the northern/hilly part of the map and building paths through the forest. That is what is really exciting me. It really allows me to feel like home.

lawm

Post by lawm »

Well last night was a bummer I had high hopes to finish my field harvesting wheat only To deliver my 1st 20000 l and instead of seeing money increase when it was finished dumping I got a 4% completion for contract on field 9 that I was unaware I must have accepted I don't know why or when. Before I could accumulate another 20000 l fell asleep only to awake to worker with a full grain tank at 2:00 a.m. in game time. Yayyyy