Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Pensarethebest

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by Pensarethebest »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:47 am
DMZ Commander wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:31 am Based off the fact that it says the foundation can be removed with a stump grinder maybe it's holds the same game engine type shenanigans where it's actually a tree......try a chainsaw maybe
Mr Sealyp found that if he placed one of them it would not allow him to place a second on his test map as it said to many trees, so id say you are correct in your thoughts.
Yes. You cut it apart with a chainsaw. I tested it and it works. It can be a little wonky to cut apart but for the most part it works good. Very creative mod.
FS 22 and loving it.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I jumped into the pool last night and have a farm started on this great map. I chose to buy field 14 for the buildings and silo as I like the looks of the surrounding fields for expansion. Someone may have already mentioned it previously in the thread but if not, take a look at the overview of Griffin, IN on map quest in satellite mode to see how very close this map is to reality. Amazing work AJ.

My only comment is, not a criticism, but the traffic is too vicious. One of the cars t'boned my Deere 4960 and seeder and pushed it down the road until it tangled with a utility pole. (I found the cemetery where we could bury my driver). :biggrin2:

Screenshot of contract work on field 17 with the start of my farm in the background.

Thanks AJ for all your work and effort.

Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
Keepsite

Post by Keepsite »

Lol. We have all been victims of the crazy driving!
I have also been smashed by the train...but that was my own fault

The residential container mod caused my PS4 problems. I lost the speed display in the tractor. And could access the menu to turn the engine on. The sleep trigger of the container disappeared, and after removing the mod, everything seems ok thankfully.

I’m missing the frequent cycle of running harvest to harvest on seasons I have to say. I quit seasons once before because of it, but will try and stick with it this time. Maybe reduce to 6 days next season. I’m 26 hours in and only at end of spring! But still enjoying it. Just missing the field work a little.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Aj: will your geo work on other maps that have additional crop types?
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I finally got my cattle pasture put in ( in green, green dot is the placeable). I was able to paint a road ( in pink ) back to the pasture area, and was able to cut down a few trees to be able to get machines and vehicles back there. Now I just need to find trees that I can cut down to create the light blue path to get to the main farm as a shortcut.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@Dagrump-
Welcome to the thread, Glad your enjoying the map.
Yeah the traffic can be a little dicey, I increased there speed and also made a edit to the vehicle collision to give them time to stop, Works most of the time. Sometimes they ignore it and smash you any way. I think its a game engine limitation. Stick to the gravel roads as much as possible to avoid the crazy city folk drivers, just like IRL :lol:

@chedly_farms -
I scoped out that area few weeks ago to see if its possible for path and you should be fine to get one to go thru.

I have been playing a save with Real Life Numbers/Seasons/Precision Farming and so far its been a blast. Pace is a lot slower but very realistic. I don't feel like cheating by taking loans, and so far I have not had to add any house rules to balance game play. It feels very rewarding to add to the coffers, for me anyways as it can be very challenging.
I will post all the gameplay mods I am using to achieve this over the weekend.
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

ajFarmer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:28 pm @Dagrump-
Stick to the gravel roads as much as possible to avoid the crazy city folk drivers, just like IRL :lol:

Drive on gravel roads? Well........ maybe I do. :biggrin2:

FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@AJ, about the trees. I'm finding a lot more trees are able to be cut down than I though. And I can also cut slightly below the ground surface as well to eliminate my need for a stump grinder. That area up there on the map is a lot of fun. I'm probably gonna buy the fields across the center road as well up there. Thanks again for the cool map.

Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:12 pm @AJ, about the trees. I'm finding a lot more trees are able to be cut down than I though. And I can also cut slightly below the ground surface as well to eliminate my need for a stump grinder. That area up there on the map is a lot of fun. I'm probably gonna buy the fields across the center road as well up there. Thanks again for the cool map.
What do you use to cut down trees? I have tried a Lizard Trex6000 with mixed results, meaning sometimes it won't even scar a tree but it will also make some magically disappear. Also how to you cut below the ground surface?

There are times I really would like to clear out a few trees.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Grump.....I have only used the trex and eventually with persistence I have had no issues finding a way to dispose of trees. Just keep trying different approach angles and keep moving and look for chips flying from tree. Sometimes you may not even be touching the tree but usually it has a sweet spot
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

@Grump, I like just using a chain saw. I also use a chipper to get rid of branches, and a skid loader to load big logs. It took me about 5 hours to cut down 5 trees and dispose of them. Time well worth it for my sanity. If I just slow down and enjoy doing it, it’s very therapeutic. The only part that bugs me, is taking a large load of branches and tree parts to the mill, my xbox goes into slideshow mode.

Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

Thanks Chedly and lawm. I probably did not giveTrex6000 a good enough try. The first few trees I approached seem to disappear before even touching them and then I encountered a couple that were no goes so I gave up too soon. Thanks for you advise and tips.

Really enjoy this map with all the detail and tons of options for the player to take advantage of.
Balsafer

Post by Balsafer »

Hi I love the map however not a fan of the spawn point. As it currently is set up if I use the map on a dedicated server everyone that joins my server that not in my farm will spawn on my farm. Would it be possible to change the spawn location?
Keepsite

Post by Keepsite »

Just ran out of fuel fertilising field 19! 😝

Off to download Diesel Mod By: Holger Sengstock! And get the hand fuel can.
Keepsite

Post by Keepsite »

Update
Filled the plot in town with various fruit trees

Placeable Fruit Trees by Gtx
Placeable Fruit Trees Pack by Mechmods
Olive tree by Robymel81

And the machine shelter small by cavemodding with the solar panels on the roof for income.

Grass has reached full harvest in early summer and we have finally been able to buy land right at the top of the map. Going to mow, and collect hay, and place horse stables on the site.

Still in the little fergie. Going to use the Cutting Bar Set by Polofreak211, GnomAtom, privatprivat
And the Windrower rake GVS-6U by RusAgroTeh both of which the fergie can pull.
Wondering if it will be able to pull a bailer. We will see. Money is coming in due to our trees and some nice contracts.