Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

lawm

Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by lawm »

Hoss I know your pain. I was lured when American Life came out but I was back quick. I liked the map but was too confined with buildings. So unless anyone is still making american maps for this version on console, I know I'm here until I get lured to 22. Still stinks as the ADHD screws up other aspects of the farm lol
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

Ditto with Hoss and Lawm on American Life, I tried it hard but there was a stretch of near constant new save updates, the openable doors vanish on Farm Manager mode and the fields - particularly the cattle farm- are too expensive. I cheated in funds to start the dairy operation as the buildings were nice but couldn’t engage with the presence of a massive field of sorghum which I couldn’t get straw off and the lack of a decent yard elsewhere for arable equipment.
Griffin is supreme for me as there’s a lot you can flatten and build, even if there is no decent US/ NA dairy barn * mod buildings available *and still have the joy of the immersive town setting and the design of the map overall which is what I would have hoped Ravenport could have been.
(I’m still not over the fence around the baseball diamond though but I plow up to it and get my corn snug for the Ray Kinsella effect 😉)

EDIT for clarity
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Also love that I can buy the town and place my refill tanks for seed and fert by the lime point at shop. I guess most farmers get that stuff delivered for them but I really need a reason to use my trucks more.

Big changes
Bada bing

Bada boom

I know it's not much.....but this is truly first time ADHD has not ruined my save and I finally got some beef cows. I have yet to do animals on 17 or 19. I dont know that I could tend to animals and fields with seasons and still enjoy the game and not feel rushed. But I'm thoroughly enjoying myself and feel like big stuff....like when adults used to ask me to get them a beer when I was 3 lol
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

lawm wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:47 am Also love that I can buy the town and place my refill tanks for seed and fert by the lime point at shop. I guess most farmers get that stuff delivered for them but I really need a reason to use my trucks more.
Big changes
Bada bing

Bada boom
I know it's not much.....but this is truly first time ADHD has not ruined my save and I finally got some beef cows. I have yet to do animals on 17 or 19. I dont know that I could tend to animals and fields with seasons and still enjoy the game and not feel rushed. But I'm thoroughly enjoying myself and feel like big stuff....like when adults used to ask me to get them a beer when I was 3 lol
Reminds me of r/farmingsimulator theres a #showyourfarm trend happening there maybe they'll might like it here. *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
JonOne

Post by JonOne »

I just placed a dairy on the top corner, I normally do a few harvests of BMR to fill some bunkers and then get seasons loaded to take over so I don’t have to buy TMR or silage bales for the first year. It’s taken me a year to get on top of my OCD which was pretty relentlessly making me stop and start on maps when I placed something incorrectly or plowed in an odd shaped field 😞 so I feel the adhd comments truthfully glad things are working out. Good point about the sell point tanks I’d not thought of that before I’ll be working that in sometime
Jon, 29
Somewhere near the River Parishes.
I enjoy long slow drives in my combine, cold starts and red bird win streaks.
Please don’t feed the trolls.
lawm

Post by lawm »

Just use the paint tool to fix them fields. Try not to let that be the reason you jump ship lol. I've gotten much better on this map playing with the shaping and painting. That's another thing I love is the fact we can place shrubbery and flowers around buildings to fill things in on this map. I'm sure others had but only one I remember having shrubs was pacific northwest.
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Since FS22 is now out, any chances if Griffin, Indiana will come to FS22?

Map/Playtime:
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Lol its been out for 30 sec....give the man time to work his magic
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Hello All,
I took a break from FS19 while waiting for FS22. Been playing a lot of Valheim with the kids
I do have plans to convert the map to FS22. Waiting for new editor to drop then I will get started.
There is a lot of work to be done to update the map to make it compatible, but will be easier then starting from scratch I think :lol: That being said it will more then likely be beginning of next year before I can have it ready. I assure you it will run as smooth or smoother then Griffin Indiana 19 because I will actually be implementing more vanilla files which in turn will decrease slot count. When I get closer to releasing it I will start a new thread to keep everyone updated or I may just release it like Griffin Indiana 19 with no one knowing. I kind of like the surprise factor myself :mrgreen:

Thanks to everyone in the community for all of the support and feedback it has been a blast, I know a lot of people like to say if it was not for the modders the game would be dead. The truth is, if not for the community no one would want to mod.

These are the changes I have planned as of now For Griffin Indiana 22.
Replace all trees with FS22 trees and make all trees cuttable.(This will take extreme amount of effort LOL)
Replace all crop textures with FS22 textures
Replace all textures with FS22 textures
Replace a few of the buildings with FS22 buildings
Replace starting equipment with FS22 equipment
Implement production buildings
Implement train delivery system(easy to do, the map is all ready set up for it)
Implement the New Seasons functions
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Please make the buildings on the other farms deleteable if possible
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@DMZ Commander
I believe it is possible as you can on Elm Creek with the starting farm even if you "Start From Scratch".
You could not do this in previous game versions. I will have to dig thru the files to see how to accomplish this. This will be awesome feature to all future maps if its possible.
I will also be adding the power poles with wires and make every barn on all farms usable.
templer013

Post by templer013 »

@ajFarmer

Hey folks,

is it possible to get the Precision Farming feature to also work on the grassland areas (which do not have a field number assigned to them)? Like the big chunk of ground next to field 1. I tried using field creation feature with a plow but that did not change anything.

TY, BR
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@templer013
Unfortunately there is no way to make that work unless I added a field in that or any location in the map files. This is Giants issue in regards to how Precision Farming works.
I can not add those fields as it will break other players saves who what to continue on Griffin Indiana 19. As of now there will no more development on Griffin Indiana 19 do to save game issues.
Thank you for the feedback I will keep this in mind when working on Griffin Indiana 22.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Easy fix to that is to plow up the grass area into a field. Once you do that seed it with grass and PF will work
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Since License Plates, and Seasons are in, are you gonna make a GEO for Griffin, Indiana 22 exclusively, and the Indiana License Plates?

Map/Playtime: