Re: Thank You for - Griffin, Indiana Map - by AJFarmer

Post by chedly_farms »

field 9 = big money w/a 40hr week lol.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

lawm wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:52 pm Well last night was a bummer I had high hopes to finish my field harvesting wheat only To deliver my 1st 20000 l and instead of seeing money increase when it was finished dumping I got a 4% completion for contract on field 9 that I was unaware I must have accepted I don't know why or when. Before I could accumulate another 20000 l fell asleep only to awake to worker with a full grain tank at 2:00 a.m. in game time. Yayyyy
I have had similar experience - including the nap :biggrin2:

I signed up to do both field 9 and 11 (I think) that also were both oats. As I checked %progress on the contract screen while harvesting field 11 did not seem to match the amount of field harvested. I watched a delivery to the sell point and all the product was being credited to field 9. Even when all of 11 was finished with all grain delivered it still was about 75% finished. I left the contract open and moved on to field9 and as soon as all the grain for 9 was delivered it started finishing 11. I eventually received funds from both contracts and a bonus of harvest income at the end. All this occurred between naps. :mrgreen:
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
lawm

Post by lawm »

I was so mad at 3 am lol. Darn summer busy season and kids wanting to use the pool when I get home. Life.....am I right? No not a huge deal. I canceled the contract.....I just have the itty bitty baby john deer combine so I'm not up for that task quite yet.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^Get an Axial flow. I think I have the 2166. I did use a 30 ft draper bean head on it. But have to shrink back to 25 ft auger bean head, now that I have a grain cart. Then I run an 8 row corn head. I've been wanting to go to a Deere, but I love the sound on the Axial flow. I have been also looking into a Massey Ferguson 97909 (Just wish the sounds were better/more archaic), as I have been running a lot of Agco stuff lately. My farm is very diverse at the moment.

Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

My JD T560 handled the huge field 9 pretty well - thanks to course play and auto drive. Not even sure what it sounds like with my hearing as it is. I now own most of the land on either side of the primary east/west road at the east end. Really enjoying AJ's map and it is a great plus to have the map creator so active in a thread to answer any questions.
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
lawm

Post by lawm »

Those Axial flows do sound nuts, especially when you start the head.....dang. but that's my plan for sure, the JD was the smallest that I could start yet enjoyed using and I will work up from there. The only "modern " piece I have is my TLX pickup, but I'm about to get an old ford for hauling hay around to animal pens soon hopefully
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

After all this chat I thought I'd have a look -- maybe break the mould and try a USA map for the last (last??) FS19 map.

This does look very good and maybe, for the first time for ages, I'll try the "start small and old" to build up. I think it might be the fact that it's a real-world setting, those maps always seem to work better. I'll try to run this with US-spec John Deere, maybe Case. Thanks for the inspiration.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Don’t shy away from the White’s and Deutz-Allis’s from Jullian F. Modding.

JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

Bit of a random question for this map, do any parts of the forestry have 'just' straight trees in?
I want to do some forestry but I can't stand dealing with the trees that have branches going at different angles. Much prefer the pine trees (if they are pine trees, im not sure if thats right).

Does that make any sense?
Cheers
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
lawm

Post by lawm »

JusGSi wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:58 am Bit of a random question for this map, do any parts of the forestry have 'just' straight trees in?
I want to do some forestry but I can't stand dealing with the trees that have branches going at different angles. Much prefer the pine trees (if they are pine trees, im not sure if thats right).

Does that make any sense?
Cheers
East side of map across from grain sell point has some descent pineish type trees
JusGSi

Post by JusGSi »

Thank you, I'll take a look
Check out my YouTube Channel - Cleft Lip Gamer - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjiZK9 ... abJliHggaw
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

@JusGSi
lawm beat me to it but yes across street from Country View Milling is the forest area with nothing but Pine Trees
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

[Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]

And still the undefeated best American map on console ….Griffin, Indiana!

[/Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]

DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

chedly_farms wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:22 am [Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]

Did you try lancybois map? It's not available on PC yet, was waiting to check it out before I start my last savegame for fs19
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
lawm

Post by lawm »

DMZ Commander wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:29 am
chedly_farms wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:22 am [Howard Finkle WWF Announcers voice]

Did you try lancybois map? It's not available on PC yet, was waiting to check it out before I start my last savegame for fs19
I have to agree with Chedly, I broke down and tried American life. It's not a bad map but seems too compact for me and I'm stuck with the pre placed farms with slot count. I'm more of a freestyle placeable custom farm junkie so my vote is Griffin hands down.