U.K. maps with a blank yard.

They Caged Non

U.K. maps with a blank yard.

Post by They Caged Non »

Hi all

I’m looking for a U.K. style map that has some space create a farmyard completely from scratch. Greenwich Valley has 2 ‘storage’ areas that are suitable but I’ve been on that map way too much.

Anyone got any suggestions that offer something similar? And where on the map I should be looking.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Re: U.K. maps with a blank yard.

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

You should try Greenlands, has 2 or 3 storage farm yards an the area around them is very landscape friendly if that makes sense lol, also possible too create hedges with paint tool, I'm playing this map an really enjoying it to be honest.
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

Marwell Manor allows you to sell the main farm or in SFS it's a totally blank canvas. It's a great Oxygendavid map based on a real location too.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:11 pm You should try Greenlands, has 2 or 3 storage farm yards an the area around them is very landscape friendly if that makes sense lol, also possible too create hedges with paint tool, I'm playing this map an really enjoying it to be honest.
Good map are you running seasons on it? I am on pc and have no problems, but there is a user on the forum at the moment having problems running seasons with this map, you might be able to help thanks
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:11 pm You should try Greenlands, has 2 or 3 storage farm yards an the area around them is very landscape friendly if that makes sense lol, also possible too create hedges with paint tool, I'm playing this map an really enjoying it to be honest.
Yeah I’ll try that, cheers. It does look a good map.

I admire the modders work on these maps but I do like to build my own farm.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

blackiecat wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:30 pm
Good map are you running seasons on it? I am on pc and have no problems, but there is a user on the forum at the moment having problems running seasons with this map, you might be able to help thanks
No haven't used seasons sorry.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Witch platform do you play on?
If on pc, every map could be that, by using the hide map objects mod.
Use it with care, and save frequently
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Noraf wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:02 pm Witch platform do you play on?
If on pc, every map could be that, by using the hide map objects mod.
Use it with care, and save frequently
Console for me, so more limited.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

As Farmer_Blue said on Marwell you can sell the starting farm, though randomly some doors and gates remain.

You also own the huge field 18 at the start, and that's perfect for expanding the farm, and there's a placeable area next to field 19, though not big enough for an entire farm.

It's a relatively flat map and many other fields are also suitable for building on, including expanding the other farm into field seven.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Mercury Farm you can sell all buildings & self build
Purbeck Valley has a placeable area for self build
Sussex farm has placeable areas if you want a 'felsbrun with hedges' type map although Abbots farm can be developed to be bigger if you want.
Marwell can delete the whole farm but you'll have trouble trying to self build on the site it occupied
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !
Yeahrightio

Post by Yeahrightio »

Purbeck valley farm has a big area, that's just fenced off. It's located near the dairy farm, daggerwin used it for his Purbeck valley series. It's a good size and doesn't bombard you with "terrain cannot be deformed here" messages.
G'day from Australia :hi:
Fiatagri, the Italian stallion

PC has finally won me over, back to 17 now, Western Shore.
- Ford TW35
- Massey Ferguson 148
- New Holland 110-90
- Claas Dominator 88s

The farm focuses on Milk production, with cereals, grass silage and potato’s on the side for some extra income, whilst running a multitude of modern classics.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

Thanks for the suggestions all, I’ll take a look around and decide what to do.
Farmer_Blue

Post by Farmer_Blue »

Barrcott wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:19 am
Marwell can delete the whole farm but you'll have trouble trying to self build on the site it occupied
Is the issue with Marwell on console?

When I played on PC/Mac I did not experience any issues but I was using the place anywhere mod back then. Playing with GC should also overcome that issue on PC/Mac.
Barrcott

Post by Barrcott »

Farmer_Blue wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:17 pm
Barrcott wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:19 am
Is the issue with Marwell on console?

When I played on PC/Mac I did not experience any issues but I was using the place anywhere mod back then. Playing with GC should also overcome that issue on PC/Mac.
Yes I play PS4
Swapped the tractor seat for a truck, 30 years later & still regretting it !

Last regular drive > FENDT 930 / 939 & Claas Xerion 3800
Play time > Ford TW20
Bottomless money pit > David Brown 880
Should never of sold the MF168 !