Farming simulator 19 vs GTA 5

Kay_B

Re: Farming simulator 19 vs GTA 5

Post by Kay_B »

Guil wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:30 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:00 am
Guil wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:45 am Ram usage, just because a map has more fields doesn't automatically mean it will use more ram. Do as others have said and get on a tall building and see the world build before your eyes
All console maps are 2x2km no matter what’s on them.
I didn't say any different, maps vary hugely in install size and some have a lot more buildings etc to load
In some games, you can manually set the visibility and this will determine the distance at which objects are loaded on the map. The greater the visibility and the clearer the detail, the greater the load on the computer. Trite, but true.
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

FS19 on PC is not a well-optimized game. Because, you took GTA5 as an example, i have in GTA5 or RDR2 on high average 60+ fps, can drop to 55 but go back to 60 fast, while in FS19 I need play on medium if want 60fps (without any mods, only few DLCs), what is so funny and weird :biggrin2: (sincerely, we cannot compare GTA5 or RDR2 graphics with FS19, because the graphics in RDR2 look much more realistic, but work much better, smoother and with more fps) . Loading take almost same as for GTA.. it looks like GIANTS hasn’t invested resources and time in game optimization or something like that. Just my opinion. :hi:
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

... and here we go around the loop again!

The thing about optimisation, especially applied to software, is that it is the process of balancing a set of constraints against each other to achieve the best result for a desired outcome. Without knowing what the constraints are and without knowing what the desired outcomes are, any judgement on how well optimised software is, is going to be superficial guesswork at best.

Also: in case this hasn't been shared
https://nee.lv/2021/02/28/How-I-cut-GTA ... mes-by-70/
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

matejcro wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:49 am FS19 on PC is not a well-optimized game. Because, you took GTA5 as an example, i have in GTA5 or RDR2 on high average 60+ fps, can drop to 55 but go back to 60 fast, while in FS19 I need play on medium if want 60fps (without any mods, only few DLCs), what is so funny and weird :biggrin2: (sincerely, we cannot compare GTA5 or RDR2 graphics with FS19, because the graphics in RDR2 look much more realistic, but work much better, smoother and with more fps) . Loading take almost same as for GTA.. it looks like GIANTS hasn’t invested resources and time in game optimization or something like that. Just my opinion. :hi:
Uh oh, you criticized Giants and/or their game. As you see, it immediately brings out one or more of the individuals, who are hanging off Giants teats, looking for every opportunity to give Giants an excuse not to do better.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:35 am
matejcro wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:49 am FS19 on PC is not a well-optimized game. Because, you took GTA5 as an example, i have in GTA5 or RDR2 on high average 60+ fps, can drop to 55 but go back to 60 fast, while in FS19 I need play on medium if want 60fps (without any mods, only few DLCs), what is so funny and weird :biggrin2: (sincerely, we cannot compare GTA5 or RDR2 graphics with FS19, because the graphics in RDR2 look much more realistic, but work much better, smoother and with more fps) . Loading take almost same as for GTA.. it looks like GIANTS hasn’t invested resources and time in game optimization or something like that. Just my opinion. :hi:
Uh oh, you criticized Giants and/or their game. As you see, it immediately brings out one or more of the individuals, who are hanging off Giants teats, looking for every opportunity to give Giants an excuse not to do better.
Is that pointed at me?

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Yes it is probably, because Giants engine is NOT optimized.
Giants engine may be good optimized if it would use full power of our CPU/GPU, because right now, only 1 core is working at 90%, while others are idling at 5%.
If engine could use more CPU power, it would allow also GPU to work harder = higher fps and imo, it wouldnt drop below 60 never, because graphic looks like from 2012/2013 year...this game is not graphically demanding, it just limits how much CPU power is used which results in bad fps.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

bojanh66 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:03 pm Yes it is probably, because Giants engine is NOT optimized.
Giants engine may be good optimized if it would use full power of our CPU/GPU, because right now, only 1 core is working at 90%, while others are idling at 5%.
If engine could use more CPU power, it would allow also GPU to work harder = higher fps and imo, it wouldnt drop below 60 never, because graphic looks like from 2012/2013 year...this game is not graphically demanding, it just limits how much CPU power is used which results in bad fps.
But that's not necessarily optimisation ... yes, it is code design and implementation but it's not necessarily optimisation.

matejcro

Post by matejcro »

I don't see what I said wrong, aren't criticisms sometimes good and help to understand what the problem is and where to invest time? I don't expect FS19 to be the new GTA 6, but I know that there is still a lot of room here for game optimization, it is better to invest more time in the engine and have a better performance of the game itself. I didn’t say the game isn’t good, mechanics, new animals or crops are good things, also JD. 😍
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

matejcro wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:25 pm I don't see what I said wrong, aren't criticisms sometimes good and help to understand what the problem is and where to invest time? I don't expect FS19 to be the new GTA 6, but I know that there is still a lot of room here for game optimization, it is better to invest more time in the engine and have a better performance of the game itself. I didn’t say the game isn’t good, mechanics, new animals or crops are good things, also JD. 😍
The point is, comparing RDR2 and GTA to FS is apples to oranges. The games just dont function the same way. Could FS be optimized better? Possibly? But it still is doing a lot more at one time than the other games
Playing on PC and PS4
matejcro

Post by matejcro »

My point was that I would expect in the FS19 better fps than the GTA5 because it doesn’t look like it, it has a different graphic that doesn't look "real" but still has its beauty in his own way.
I didn’t hate the graphics or anything, I just said I expected the game to be stable and higher fps.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Player 1: Game could be optimized a bit more in my opinion.
Giants: We should optimize the game to make people happy.
Player 2: @player1, the game is doing way more than all those triple A games that are massively bigger and have a much bigger footprint.
Giants: Whew, I guess we don't have to optimize after all.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

matejcro wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:25 pm I don't see what I said wrong, aren't criticisms sometimes good and help to understand what the problem is and where to invest time? I don't expect FS19 to be the new GTA 6, but I know that there is still a lot of room here for game optimization, it is better to invest more time in the engine and have a better performance of the game itself. I didn’t say the game isn’t good, mechanics, new animals or crops are good things, also JD. 😍
This isn't directed at you personally, it is intended as a general observation:

"Optimisation" isn't a synonym for "frame rate performance" -- it is getting the best desired result within a specified domain. In order to understand if FS19 is "optimised" one would have to understand that domain in detail, the level of detail that would require understand the code and the business requirements. Extending that to your initial comments:

1. Should FS19+ make a more balanced use of all CPU cores? Well, yes, if that is a performance bottleneck, but is it? How do we know? What benchmarks and run-tests have we carried out at code level?

2. Is FS19 using all the available power of the GPU? Maybe not but ... the same applies ... how do we know? And much more to the point, if the code isn't using GPU as efficiently as possible, what are the constraints? What else would be affected?

3. Frame rate isn't the be-all and end-all of software performance: accuracy and integrity of data manipulation, user-responsiveness and experience, visual appeal, best fit to domain requirements ... it goes on and on.

There are two things generally agreed to be really bad in software design: Assuming and guessing.

Again, this is in no way intended to be a personal attack on matejcro , or any others in the this thread.

blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:28 pm Player 1: Game could be optimized a bit more in my opinion.
Player 2: @player1, the game is doing way more than all those triple A games that are massively bigger and have a much bigger footprint.
Players 3 to 24,999,997 - "You what?"

GIANTS: "Hey look, a couple(*) of players let us off the hook, that really sways our opinion: we can go snowboarding after all."

* At the moment there are 5 users on line - let's exaggerate that to, say 500 users, half of which are "GIANTS apologists" ... that's 0.002% of the user base.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

matejcro wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:18 pm My point was that I would expect in the FS19 better fps than the GTA5 because it doesn’t look like it, it has a different graphic that doesn't look "real" but still has its beauty in his own way.
I didn’t hate the graphics or anything, I just said I expected the game to be stable and higher fps.
GTAV would be a power hog if it was tasked with keeping track of a 2x2km area constantly.
And optimization costs money and manpower, both of which GTAV has plenty of. How “realistic” graphics are has little to do with resource usage, you can make Minecraft eat a RTX3080TI, but it still is a bunch of blocks.

Oh shoot, I can’t say anything good about GIANTS without personally offending people. (Sarcastic joke)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

blue_painted wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:41 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:28 pm Player 1: Game could be optimized a bit more in my opinion.
Players 3 to 24,999,997 - "You what?"

GIANTS: "Hey look, a couple(*) of players let us off the hook, that really sways our opinion: we can go snowboarding after all."

* At the moment there are 5 users on line - let's exaggerate that to, say 500 users, half of which are "GIANTS apologists" ... that's 0.002% of the user base.
That's not the way the poll would work. If half the users polled were "GIANTS apologists", then the assumption is that half of users not polled would be as well.