Farming simulator 19 vs GTA 5

FarmBoss

Re: Farming simulator 19 vs GTA 5

Post by FarmBoss »

Read from the beginning of page 6, and you'll see my summary is spot on.

Summary addition:
Critical feedback almost always leads to hurt feelings.
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 pm Summary:
- Giants FS is perfectly optimized for 100% of players, and to say otherwise is so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.
- No other game could even comes close to the capabilities of FS.
- If your fps is low, it's your fault.
- If you even think think of mentioning another game, you're out of your mind.
- Comparing a shed with game is the same as comparing this game with another game.
- Some people are only capable of spewing facts.
Yes, agree :biggrin2: :lol: :mrgreen:
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 pm
danhild wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:47 am
DEERE317 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:36 pm
Try turning FPS lock back on. Have heard it helps prevent FPS drops.
Also you don’t tell us what map or mods.
A buggy and optimized 16x map and a bunch of buggy and unoptimized mods can rapidly eat into performance. (And 70FPS is far from poor for a game coded to run at 60)

Edit don:apple: fixed quoting.
Just right now i did a test.

NO mods installed only all dlc
All settings on max and resolution scaling on 200%

27FPS i an field on Erlengrant and the cpu get 100% load to one core/thread and bottelneck the system.
As soon as i leave the field cpu go back to 20-70% load and fps is back upp to 65-92 in my test
If i lock fps to 60 i still have 27fps in the fields

Just saying Giants can make a bit better distribution of the load so i can run the game at all max setting
Ekan wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:24 am
DEERE317 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:39 pm

Single vs multicore doesn’t matter unless the main game thread is pinning the CPU @ 100% (which I’ve only accomplished when calculating Courseplay courses)
Thats what exactly what happens when the game is on max settings. 1 core (2 threads) at 100% when you push it, drives near/over a growing field and the FPS drops to around 35. (i7 8700 - 5.1gghz)
Seems odd as I don’t remember my i5-9400f ever pinning outside of Courseplay or game lock ups.
Would say I have a stable 60fps but I mostly play on a old Medicine Creek Farms save that has just a “few” (:lol: not really) machines. 1x maps handle at 60fps pretty fine for me.
And that’s playing with every graphics setting set at its highest (don’t remember what I have anti aliasing set at though), i5-9400f, GTX1660ti (may be getting changed out as I’m not sure if it’s alive anymore), 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD
Ok :)

Well, my point with been said is I should with my comp (i7 8700-5.1ghz, RTX 3070) run the game with max settings without that huge fps drop Ive mention.

Anyways, I think I end my opinions here and now, as im booring and obvious :P
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The only thing I learned from this thread is I'm not the only one who knows that FS can kill your frames, and that I should really use a computer capable of handling the game :lol:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:37 pm Read from the beginning of page 6, and you'll see my summary is spot on.

Summary addition:
Critical feedback almost always leads to hurt feelings.
I have read every page, and many similar threads, and I can see that I am spot on - but then, as you say, critical feedback of anything including criticism of criticism, leads to hurt feelings.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

When you say "as you say", you're supposed to quote the person, not totally rewrite it.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:10 pm When you say "as you say", you're supposed to quote the person, not totally rewrite it.
The quote is the part between the quote marks ... just like above.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:47 pm Summary:
- Giants FS is perfectly optimized for 100% of players, and to say otherwise is so lacking in originality as to be obvious and boring.
- No other game could even comes close to the capabilities of FS.
- If your fps is low, it's your fault.
- If you even think think of mentioning another game, you're out of your mind.
- Comparing a shed with game is the same as comparing this game with another game.
- Some people are only capable of spewing facts.
Your reading comprehension leaves a lot to be desired.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Either that or he's 12 year old troll
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Sarcasm?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

No, I don’t think so. I know you haven’t been around to terribly long but head back through the history of posts of the in question troll and you will be able to decide for yourself pretty easily
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Seems to be mostly normal and maybe some (potentially trolly) sarcasm.
Granted I went back a dozen or 2 posts.
Seem to remember reading posts from him well before I had an account that I want to say may have been trolly.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I won't go there...

What I will say is when people say things like "optimise" it comes across like it's the work of a few weeks of code tweaking or something. To properly "optimise" (if such a thing even exists) a game like FS it would probably take the best part of a decade. To put that into context (completely unrealistically) if FS2x's apparent delay was due to being "optimised" for current hardware, then you'd probably be waiting until 2025 for the game. That's not going to happen obviously as GIANTS would go under long before.

How many "optimised" programs can people actually name, let alone games? There might be a few video and image editors that I'm not familiar with (DaVinci Resolve perhaps), but from my own experience I can probably count Handbrake and only a couple of Adobe programs (Photoshop and Premiere/After Effects/Media Encoder) and most of them can't load up both CPU and GPU simultaneously and often with unsatisfactory results depending on methods, for example Handbrake's H.265 GPU encoding (which shows just how complex such calculations and programming is, even in relatively efficient programs). Other than that I'm not aware of a Windows product and certainly not an involved simulator game that is anywhere near any of them.

I'm not saying FS couldn't or even shouldn't be better optimised, of course it could, like every game out there, but the work involved in even 4-thread programming (which FS already is) is massive, but currently the work from getting from that level to efficient parallel core usage across 2 to 128+ threads is practically impossible, especially when you add in GPU usage (and soon chiplets too) across a massive spread of hardware combinations (which looks to be even more complex in the near future as Intel are testing their own dedicated GPUs).
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

If Giants had the budget of GTA they could just buy us all a real tractor and some land in South Dakota to farm on with it
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Giants has had over a decade to work on their optimization. After so many years, we still have a noticeable circle around us while playing.
I can be driving to my farm, and see a tractor on my property. I shouldn't be able to see the tractor, because I know there's a barn between us. Suddenly, the barn appears, and I can no longer see the tractor. Gradually, other structures start to appear.
I expect this to happen, and don't expect it'll change anytime soon. Giants doesn't work that way. It seems they like to copy/paste, then get the new version out as quick as possible. The only reason we're not playing FS21 right now is because the new consoles were being released (sorry PC folks, we're not number one anymore). Now, the delay is more likely due to the virus that china shared with the world. Giants has to decide if enough people have upgraded to the new consoles for them to support it.

If my opinions don't align with yours, it doesn't mean I'm trolling you. If your feelings are hurt because your Giants Gods have been criticized, it doesn't mean you're being trolled.
Accusing somebody of trolling is a good indicator that you don't have a reasonable response.