Silage

Mwal

Re: Silage

Post by Mwal »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:40 pm Bunker silo all the way. Have to cross a mountain range IRL to see marshmallows, so I only know the bunker. I prefer to use open bunker mods over ones with walls purely because I play semi-realistically. Walls for bunkers aren't very common anymore because they're a safety hazard once you fill them full. I do silage from both grass and corn silage, chopper is on Courseplay and I drive a trailer because I haven't figured out how to make tractor/trailers dump themselves on a CP course
Just drive them through the silo and make sure there in combi unload mode
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:49 pm For the uniformed how are walled silos dangerous? Needing to put some silos up on Medicine Creek someday.
I'm guessing you mean uninformed haha, but when it comes to bunkers with walls, once you fill the bunker up to the lip of the walls, you are at constant risk of driving the tractor over the side of the wall from operator error or mechanical failure.

For reference, here is the difference. First is with walls, second is without

Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:51 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:40 pm Bunker silo all the way. Have to cross a mountain range IRL to see marshmallows, so I only know the bunker. I prefer to use open bunker mods over ones with walls purely because I play semi-realistically. Walls for bunkers aren't very common anymore because they're a safety hazard once you fill them full. I do silage from both grass and corn silage, chopper is on Courseplay and I drive a trailer because I haven't figured out how to make tractor/trailers dump themselves on a CP course
Just drive them through the silo and make sure there in combi unload mode
Thank you, I will try that
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:54 pm
Yeah don’t use the dump point unless your making a pile just on the ground in a random spot. I had a course from early in the games life cycle with a dump trigger and used it several months later and and when combining corn the truck wasn’t coming back to the headland for me to load so I went looking for it and the dummy spread 250,000 liters of corn across my entire farm yard and down the road. He had flipped over it was getting so big where he slowed around a corner haha
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I like using fermenting silos only because we do that irl.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:54 pm
Yeah don’t use the dump point unless your making a pile just on the ground in a random spot. I had a course from early in the games life cycle with a dump trigger and used it several months later and and when combining corn the truck wasn’t coming back to the headland for me to load so I went looking for it and the dummy spread 250,000 liters of corn across my entire farm yard and down the road. He had flipped over it was getting so big where he slowed around a corner haha
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:09 pm I like using fermenting silos only because we do that irl.
I use Harvestores too, those are tied for my favorite method of silage storing

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Mwal wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 pm Bunker Silo but I’m only corn silage at this point, I need around 2 million liters to feed my dairy cattle and to feed out steers that’s a lot of bales haha
Wouldn't that be just 500 bales?
Not that many...... Unless you're on console that is.

Edit, so about 2000 bales in total for TMR and bedding.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Noraf wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:41 pm
Mwal wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:20 pm Bunker Silo but I’m only corn silage at this point, I need around 2 million liters to feed my dairy cattle and to feed out steers that’s a lot of bales haha

And crank those upto 8,000-10,000 liters with the adjustable density mod and you’re actually producing less than I do on Medicine Creek (granted I WAY overproduce)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Density mod messes with the big bales out of my vermeer corn stalk special so no thanks
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Noraf wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:41 pm

No but once you figure in the 6000 I gather and sell of cornstalk soybean and straw, plus some small squares that’s plenty. Honestly corn silage was the norm for us and that’s probably mostly why I do it
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Variable density and a Vermeer 605N Corn Stalk Special work fine for me on Medicine Creek (baling corn stalks). Or if using a mod baler just edit it’s bale volume.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Makes the bales small, there already 8000. I only bale stalks and a little straw with it, it’s second string to my big square baler
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:02 am Makes the bales small, there already 8000. I only bale stalks and a little straw with it, it’s second string to my big square baler
Can’t say I’ve seen that, but don’t know if it uses its bale model or Medicine Creeks. (And the default version of it works fine in Elkader, but not sure if that has larger default bales)
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

If you don't mind me asking, what is variable density?

Discord Server
Facebook page

Happy farming!
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Dairydeere wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:23 am If you don't mind me asking, what is variable density?
Technically it’s “Variable Bale Capacity” but IRL that just translates to Varying the bale density.
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

If my maths right a 3x4x8 LSB should be 6,000 and liable to blow apart, 8,000 as a reasonable density, and 10,000 as a brick. And 5x6 round bales (most US baler mods) should be 8,000, and the default 1.3m x 1.3m/4’x4’ rounds are correct at 4,000.