The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

Airborne82nd

Re: The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

Post by Airborne82nd »

TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:44 pm Perhaps he misread this bit

I am well aware of all of these as I did them so obviously do not need to check out a video

and a little further info as eric21 mentioned he had been playing since 2013, I have been playing modding (mostly for myself and grandchildren) this game since 2011 and have enjoyed it, there have been some ups and downs with various versions along the way and things I thought were a backward step but I digress the important thing now is to find out why the slot count is so high, I have formed a therory but still have no concrete evidence why.
You're from Mapper Paradise? You're my FAVORITE modder lol. Don't listen to these people. If it wasn't for you and Welker and now this, i wouldn't even be playing this game. And "grandchildren"? You're MY age. That's great. If you're close to retirement, you should apply to Giants even as a subcontractor. You're the only fellas i've seen who know how to make a midwestern farming map. Thanks again, and great job.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

chedly_farms--
Subbie, when I sell everything I can, the map is at 572 slots.

That leaves the Grain Bins at the main farm, Midwest Machinery Dealership, chedley’s chomp house, the grain elevator across the train tracks, the grey building next to the chomp house, klock brother’s seed, DeRoot, the buildings associated with the Animal Dealers, and the Dairy.
Thanks for that info means the problem is somewhere in the placeables as everyrthing you have mentioned is in the mapitems section so will start checking that area and see if I can find it.

Airborne82nd

Way past retirement age LXX111and counting more gone less to go.
Airborne82nd

Post by Airborne82nd »

TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:35 pm
chedly_farms--
Subbie, when I sell everything I can, the map is at 572 slots.

That leaves the Grain Bins at the main farm, Midwest Machinery Dealership, chedley’s chomp house, the grain elevator across the train tracks, the grey building next to the chomp house, klock brother’s seed, DeRoot, the buildings associated with the Animal Dealers, and the Dairy.
Thanks for that info means the problem is somewhere in the placeables as everyrthing you have mentioned is in the mapitems section so will start checking that area and see if I can find it.

Airborne82nd

Way past retirement age LXX111and counting more gone less to go.
Wow, and you know all this tech? I wouldn't have the first clue. I can't even download a mod on an old call of duty game on this potato lol. Anyhow, i'm looking at this map, and you did a fabulous job.

Please don't change it. Over on Welker when that came out, great. Then i download an update and now there's hedges surrounding the whole map making it look like a huge backyard. That's what happens listening to these folks on social media.

You did a great job on this map. Just call it a wrap, and move on. Thanks again for your wonderful maps.
JamP

Post by JamP »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:26 pm
eric21 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:16 pm
TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:45 pm

The map was remodeled to allow the dealership contract vehicles to be spawned correctly as to the other changes I am well aware of all of these as I did them so obviously do not need to check out a video, those changes should not affect the slot count from the previous version as only 3 extra buildings were addded (and one of those is a modified Giants building), the crop and soil were in the original versionmap, so what is your point
This is what was shown, so unless fs club got it wrong then I'm wrong
Hey Eric, check out the credits to who made the map please, thanks, bye.
Lol.. I love this forum!
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Farmhohotree wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 pm Millennial farms came out for console today and it must be a prank or something.

The slot count is almost 1200!. If you sell everything except for the sheds and house you will have around 800 slots, and that is still alot, because you have to buy equipment and tractors and that will add more to the slot count.

I dont think map makers understand slot count, the closer you get to the slot limit the more lag you get, if you want a smooth game with no lag you need to be around 700, and the map is almost 1200.

And before you say that i am ungrateful, put yourself in a console players shoes, every single equipment/tractor/harvester has a slot count, so you have to worry about everything you buy, because if the slot count becomes to high you will get alot of lag and your tractor will teleport across the field.

It is very frustrating that is all.
You should ignore all the folks whining about your feedback. And especially ignore the people who think it's clever to tell you to make your own map. You paid for the game just like everyone else. I'm sure if they had a gripe with the game they wouldn't hesitate to voice it.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

He didn't pay for the map that someone else made on their free time, but good try buddy.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:17 pm You should ignore all the folks whining about your feedback. And especially ignore the people who think it's clever to tell you to make your own map. You paid for the game just like everyone else. I'm sure if they had a gripe with the game they wouldn't hesitate to voice it.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
lawm

Post by lawm »

I have faith Subbie will get to the bottom of things. He was talking in the Griffin/aj appreciation thread about the slots. Console players can appreciate the dilemma with slots. I think if they look into it and get some console parameters for slots they can get things down. If they can get all those detailed farm buildings left in and have it closer to 600 somehow then life will be a lot easier in Lowry. Fingers crossed as I know there are many a console into this map
JamP

Post by JamP »

Producing maps for console has advantages and disadvantages.

One of the advantages is that there is no piracy. So we won't have a console map being marketed on the dozens of sites where Modder gets nothing.

The disadvantage is that the console guys already suffer from the game having half the features of the PC version. One of the few joys we have are the new maps and with that enters the slot system. Where many are demanding.

Can we complain to the Modders? No? Yes? Maybe? This is a months-long discussion and we won't come to a conclusion.

The modders have no control over the slots, some will say.

But we have maps just like Griffin, with 40 starting slots. They'll tell others. Just like Alien Jim maps, TNTmodding, etc. That use low amount of slots.

Yes, we need to inform the modders that the count is high, but with respect and hope that it adjusts this if it is in his interest that the map is successful in the console. See the follow-up these modders are currently giving on these topics. That's amazing.

We're mostly a bunch of old people who look like spoiled kids on the forum screaming with their pink plastic gallows wanting to burn everything and everyone while we're actually almost a few years away from wearing geriatric diapers. I mean, you guys, I'm still young.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

Giants Image Server
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

JamP wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:45 am The modders have no control over the slots, some will say.

But we have maps just like Griffin, with 40 starting slots. They'll tell others. Just like Alien Jim maps, TNTmodding, etc. That use low amount of slots.
Modders have control of what affects slots, but not the actual slot numbers, which is why we have stuff like Griffin, highly optimized in its file usage meaning it has low slots, or any high slot count map where custom in optimized models are all over.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
JamP

Post by JamP »

I know, just keep reading. That's why I wrote it right away. If it is in the interest of the modder it will do what is necessary to decrease this amount.

I suffer, for example, with 600 base slots on a map like Ravensberg. I have to make choices. For example, if I want to have animals, standard planting and cotton, I won't be able to plant potatoes and beets and do Forestry at the same time. Because I will not have the necessary slots for the purchase of all these equipment.

It makes me feel like I'm not using the full potential of the map. But in ravensberg's specific case, the slots didn't fall as much after the upgrades, so I still can't get many things, especially using the factories.

Just citing the continuation of the previous text...
Yes, we need to inform the modders that the count is high, but with respect and hope that it adjusts this if it is in his interest that the map is successful in the console.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

Giants Image Server
lawm

Post by lawm »

Thanks JamP......I read the whole 2 posts.....my conclusion......I'm old bwahaha. I'm not gonna name names....but there is someone associated on an official FB page for an upcoming highly anticipated all platform mod that posts vids on youtube and is.....how shall I say.....very rude and snarky on how they respond to their fanbase. Very....I'm up here...your down here talk. That's when I fully realized to just ignore those modders and lift up and try and help the ones who are open to suggestions or opinions from us peasants. Granted as long as we are asking respectfully. I'm glad we have the AJ's, subbies etc trying to add to us console players enjoyment and communicate with us. Just like we all have our own preferences so to will each modder. More folks are catering to the console folks and each new contributor adds options to our gameplay so we can choose which map or what tractor. I would not be a fan of FS if we did not have mods. I'm talking In circles....but my point is a few months ago Milennial map was just a good idea that seemed impossible after they had issues. Its here....they are aware of the console issue. They took time to get it here.....I'm sure they wanna try to make it more versatile for those that like to dabble in multiple options to make money....not just harvesting corn.
sittinhere

Post by sittinhere »

First, Thank you for getting this map out. It’s fantastic! Regardless of the slots and whoever is complaining my should stop. There a lot of maps with high slot count. Bucks county had over 1000 when it came out.

Now, slot count. Slot counts are in part the amount of detail in the map and how much callbacks are going back to the base game. The more you callback to the basegame, the less slots are being used because of those assets.

Placeables custom crops etc all add into the slot count. So, for assets being loaded from basegame the lower the slots. How bucks county and griffin to name a couple got their slots down.
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

Slot count is high but workable. The only really problem I've seen is not being able to sell at the main elevator in town. I sold off all the animal pens so I have no clue about any of that. Great looking map and well worth the wait Subbie and all involved in the making. I'm sure you guys are feeling some relief that it made it out finally
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

So, I guess I'm a little late to the party, I've been chained to work all day. MNMF map was out but pulled down again?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)