The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

CowsGoMoo

Re: The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

Post by CowsGoMoo »

TheSuBBie wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:11 pm Would it be possible for one of you consol players to give me the slot count for new farmer on various maps as I am having great difficulty finding any sort of sense out of this slot count thing.

For example,( I presume that the slot counts are totalled to give the final figure)

MN map slot count of 1151 (source The oracle)
TestRunner placeable count 468 mapUS.xml 520 a total 988 a difference of plus 163 not accounted for.

Griffin map slot count around 45
Testrunner placeables slot count 26 modMap.xml 437 a total 463 a difference of minus 418

Oh and by the way the slot count for vehicles included in the map is 264 should you wish to selll them all and buy only John Deere and map decoration items 102 (source The oracle)
I believe lazy acres started at 1071
Let's get some cows!
FS17 a few hundred hours on pc, 920 ps4
FS19 2660 hrs ps4/ps5
FS 22 [ps5] 1070 hrs [pc] 60 hrs
Guil

Post by Guil »

I believe slots are calculated when the map is tested by ram used vs ram available. So half the ram used = 650ish slots.
It's possible that there is an error making it bigger than it should be etc but the only ones that can advise is giants and the proper channels is modhub messenger
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Sorry but as this is a problem affecting all map modders then it should be discussed openly and also modHub states the following
Please only create a ticket if you have problems with uploading your mod to our ModHub. We can neither answer mod requests nor help you with modding questions in a private ticket.
If you have questions about modding, please visit our forum and send your questions to our competent modding community.
Guil

Post by Guil »

Hmm, Chris has told modders many times to use modhub messenger for issues with mods.

Don't get me wrong, I'm only trying to help get to the bottom of the issue.
I asked someone in QA and they said slots are determined by the i3d and textures etc. in the map. There may be an error on testrunner in counting slots or is there any additional required mods that are not loaded in the map?
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

No there are no extra mods not loaded with the map and as I previously said I'm aware of the texture size/type and i3d size polygon wise.

What I would like to know is how and on what these figures are calculated, let us take for example the humble sand castle which has the following
and is the only figures available to a modder

Triangles 1842 -- (Total including col etc)
Vertices 1756
Edges (taken from Blender) 3511

and has textures DXT1
diffuse --341kb
normal --85.4kb
specular --84.5kB
total texture size 511kb

and here is its xml entry on which slot count is based, which I presume are expressed in bytes

<vertexBufferMemoryUsage>55808</vertexBufferMemoryUsage>
<indexBufferMemoryUsage>11052</indexBufferMemoryUsage>
<textureMemoryUsage>524408</textureMemoryUsage>
<instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceVertexBufferMemoryUsage>
<instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>0</instanceIndexBufferMemoryUsage>

so what is the correlation between what we have available to us (Triangles Vertices etc) and the xml entry on which the slot count is based
Guil

Post by Guil »

No idea, you may be able to get some information using modhub messenger but I would think not all QA testers would know or have that information
JamP

Post by JamP »

I don't know if this information helps or hinders... But on the map of Ravensberg, in the first version of it, the standard house of fs19 was with, if I'm not mistaken, over 60 slots occupied. Since she in the store, the same house, uses only 1 slot.

Then this was corrected in the following version. I don't know if there's a correlation (I'm afraid to use that word now).

So I don't know what it could, the same object having such a big discrepancy in the use of slots.
Playing on Xbox
Stream on Twitch

From no man's land... Oh, Brazil!

Giants Image Server
BigFarmerJohn

Post by BigFarmerJohn »

ace54858 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:27 am
DEERE317 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:32 pm
BigFarmerJohn wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:54 pm Yes, it is a joke and no there is nothing we can do about it but not download it and not show support so the map maker doesn't waste his time on future creations.
Hey Subbie you must stop modding! :lol:
And then console players sit there begging for whatever mod and act surprised when a modder says no.
Go make your own version of the Johnson’s farm and release it and then tell us your judgement.
lol do you realize when some are saying it use 1200 slot's that only leave 99 left so ya kinda a big deal even the next up from new farmer without selling anything is around 1100 slot's some of the JD stuff use 40+ slot's.
I think their must be a language barrier or something. It could be cause I'm an American and we tend to speak our minds and voice our frustrations. Not trying to be mean or anything just trying to tell certain modders that the slot count is TOO high. Maybe I should of drawn a map to the issue but it might take too long or maybe privately messaged but that doesn't really solve anything. The map is fantastic but the slots aren't. Have a splendid day y'all. :hi:
FS17 and 19 on PS4
FS11,13,15 on PC
redbull-man82

Post by redbull-man82 »

Some of the comments in here are disgusting no respect given to the modders . Downloaded the map tonight as been in work . The slots dont bother me as they never have done there are other maps out with high slot counts on console . This map uses 1151 out of 1299 i got it down to 572 by selling everything on the map now thats been a standard for a long time on fs 19 . The high slot count to me seems to be the placeables not the other stuff an yes i know john deere uses a lot of slots they have since fs19 come out that is down to giants an john deere
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

BigFarmerJohn

As previously stated many times modders DO NOT have complete control over the slot counts, the extra 163 slots not picked up by the Testrunner programmme attests to that, yes we can make box buildings with a poly count of 12 and texture size of 256k but my brief for this map was to make them as near to real life as possible detail = high ploy count (JD equipment for example) and also to try and make the the whole area seem like it is in real life, for instance the Lowry Grain sale is a reasonable distance away from the main farm area (it was original 2.5 k but had to be moved closer due to console restrictions) to give the impression of distance and this was made possble by bringing the previously unused border area into the playing area of the map (border can be used for anything that does not require terrain, sheep and horse pastures at the Animal Dealer are in fact on the border area as are DeRoot and Klock seeds).
I knew the slot count was going to be high so tried to make everthing I had control of as lowpoly as possible (hence farmhouse has no interior) whilst still keeping to original brief and as you can see by previous posts by myself in this topic I am trying to find ways of addressing the slot count problem obviously not to your satisfaction.
Dudeguy

Post by Dudeguy »

I’d like to thank you, The Subbie and Mappers Paradise. The Millennial Farms map is awesome. You guys do great work and don’t listen to all the haters out there. I think my favourite part of the map is the grain leg. Thank you again for all your hard work! 👍🏻
brewcrewer

Post by brewcrewer »

Gave it 5 stars last night. I have 50 hours in on this map and will put in a couple hundred more. There is so much little detail to it and for a console map it feels big. I love maps like that. Welkers felt big, Stone Valley felt big, Lone Oak felt big. To me that's how American maps should be. Loving the little Zach Easter eggs too
Hoss1

Post by Hoss1 »

Thanks to Mappers Paradise and TheSuBBie for the update. I didn’t mind the original slot count as the amount of details on the map made it more than worthwhile for me. I do appreciate your efforts and putting out a nice product!
:hi:
Playing on Xbox since FS15
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

This is the last time.im.going to say this, stop commenting on this thread. It is disrespectful to the mapper! We have started a new thread! If a admin sees this can you lock the thread
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

For the millionth time please lock.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.