The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

Farmhohotree

The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

Post by Farmhohotree »

Millennial farms came out for console today and it must be a prank or something.

The slot count is almost 1200!. If you sell everything except for the sheds and house you will have around 800 slots, and that is still alot, because you have to buy equipment and tractors and that will add more to the slot count.

I dont think map makers understand slot count, the closer you get to the slot limit the more lag you get, if you want a smooth game with no lag you need to be around 700, and the map is almost 1200.

And before you say that i am ungrateful, put yourself in a console players shoes, every single equipment/tractor/harvester has a slot count, so you have to worry about everything you buy, because if the slot count becomes to high you will get alot of lag and your tractor will teleport across the field.

It is very frustrating that is all.
eric21

Re: The slot count on millennial farms map is a joke

Post by eric21 »

Modders don't actually know what the alot count is when they make it because they don't have a dev console. Also it depends on what brands you use, I think slots makees the game more harder, more interesting
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Delt with it and it is annoying, but it is a just a work around and not a big deal. Also how many maps have you made? Just be thankful the map came out.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Can't say I've ever had lag or tractors teleporting across fields due to being at the upper end of the slot count on PS4. You'll get lag with all your equipment and bales etc. concentrated in the one area on your map but being near the slot limit isn't usually the issue in my experience.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

That’s because people think they can put the entire slot limit in one little area and are then flabbergasted that the game can’t handle it haha. Takes a pretty decent pc to pile that much in one spot.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:11 pm Dealt with it and it is annoying, but it is a just a work around and not a big deal. Also how many maps have you made? Just be thankful the map came out. :this:
Mappers have no control over the slots.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah, I know they have no idea how many slots things will be.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Farmhohotree wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:07 pm Millennial farms came out for console today and it must be a prank or something.

The slot count is almost 1200!. If you sell everything except for the sheds and house you will have around 800 slots, and that is still alot, because you have to buy equipment and tractors and that will add more to the slot count.

I dont think map makers understand slot count, the closer you get to the slot limit the more lag you get, if you want a smooth game with no lag you need to be around 700, and the map is almost 1200.

And before you say that i am ungrateful, put yourself in a console players shoes, every single equipment/tractor/harvester has a slot count, so you have to worry about everything you buy, because if the slot count becomes to high you will get alot of lag and your tractor will teleport across the field.

It is very frustrating that is all.
You should make your own version of the map, since you seem to understand slot count.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Tried it out, I dont do sheep that much so I sold the pen and horses I do later, that frees up slots, only I need is the baling equipment and feeding equipment andnthats it, use the smallest slot usage of equipment regarding to animals I think
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

I am totally confused by this slot count of 1200 as the total map size is about the same other maps with a lower slot count
below is the TestRunner detail on slot counts and even adding all the numbers together doesn't get to 1200.

infos
slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/farmSilos/transfer/beltSystem.xml)
estimated slot usage 23 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/farmSilos/farmSilo_MN.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/dealer/CutterAdapter/cutterAdapter.xml)
slot usage 16 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/dealer/MC18/MC18.xml)
slot usage 16 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/sellingStationWool/MC18/MC18.xml)
slot usage 12 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/dealer/MLT737/MLT737.xml)
estimated slot usage 63 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Workshop/workshop_MN.xml)
estimated slot usage 9 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Shed2/shed2.xml)
estimated slot usage 9 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Shed3/shed3.xml)
estimated slot usage 17 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Farmhouse/MN_Farmhouse.xml)
estimated slot usage 18 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/chicken/chickenPen.xml)
estimated slot usage 7 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_sheepHusbandry/sheepHusbandryMN.xml)
estimated slot usage 40 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Pig/pigFarm.xml)
estimated slot usage 19 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Cow/husbandryCowLarge.xml)
estimated slot usage 6 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Horse/horseCorral.xml)
estimated slot usage 38 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/bga/BGA_Kompakt.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/bunkerSilo/bunkerSiloSmall.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/bunkerSilo/bunkerSiloMedium.xml)
estimated slot usage 17 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Seed_Store_MP/Klock_Seeds.xml)
estimated slot usage 14 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/deco/MN_Bga_deco/MN_Bga_deco.xml)
estimated slot usage 37 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/deco/farm_2/farm_2.xml)
estimated slot usage 28 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/deco/mainFarm/mainFarm.xml)
estimated slot usage 3 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/American_House/American_house.xml)
slot usage 3 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/NFarmSilo/NFarmSilo.xml)
slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/sellingStationgrain/sellingStationgrain.xml)
estimated slot usage 15 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/roadworks/roadworks.xml)
estimated slot usage 13 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/swamp_deco/swamp.xml)
estimated slot usage 7 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Vehicles/WilsonPacesetter/pacesetter.xml)
estimated slot usage 12 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Vehicles/Warrior/truckS.xml)
slot usage 9 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Vehicles/pickup2014/pickup2014.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adS.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adH.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adCH.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adCH3.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adP.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adP2.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adC.xml)
estimated slot usage 524 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/maps/mapUS.xml)
It would be nice it Giants could explain exactly how this slot count is worked out because at the moment there is no information regarding it at all.
As an example of confusion, in discussions with AJ' his Griffin map has a slot count in TestRunner of 431 but a map slot count of 41ingame
Last edited by TheSuBBie on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vondeylenfarms

Post by vondeylenfarms »

Dont complain about the slot count after months and months of complaining the nap isant out. 800 slots gives you enjoy to have some machines...it's map of a family farmer not freaking co-op!

If Griffin shows 431 on test but the map says 41 in game...I'm curious also! Also very worried because that map is awesome being that low I don't want it to go up lol
Vondeylen Farms Ohio, U.S.
1000 acres, family farm, huge Case IH guy(however mostly John Deere now)

Platform-PS5
Welker Farms over 1000hrs
Onto FS22!
Large JD Farm with corn and soybeans always looking for multiplayer
https://www.youtube.com/user/vondeylen22
eric21

Post by eric21 »

TheSuBBie wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:52 pm I am totally confused by this slot count of 1200 as the total map size is about the same other maps with a lower slot count
below is the TestRunner detail on slot counts and even adding all the numbers together doesn't get to 1200.

infos
slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/farmSilos/transfer/beltSystem.xml)
estimated slot usage 23 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/farmSilos/farmSilo_MN.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/dealer/CutterAdapter/cutterAdapter.xml)
slot usage 16 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/dealer/MC18/MC18.xml)
slot usage 16 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/sellingStationWool/MC18/MC18.xml)
slot usage 12 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/dealer/MLT737/MLT737.xml)
estimated slot usage 63 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Workshop/workshop_MN.xml)
estimated slot usage 9 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Shed2/shed2.xml)
estimated slot usage 9 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Shed3/shed3.xml)
estimated slot usage 17 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_Farmhouse/MN_Farmhouse.xml)
estimated slot usage 18 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/chicken/chickenPen.xml)
estimated slot usage 7 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Millennial_sheepHusbandry/sheepHusbandryMN.xml)
estimated slot usage 40 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Pig/pigFarm.xml)
estimated slot usage 19 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Cow/husbandryCowLarge.xml)
estimated slot usage 6 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Horse/horseCorral.xml)
estimated slot usage 38 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/bga/BGA_Kompakt.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/bunkerSilo/bunkerSiloSmall.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/bunkerSilo/bunkerSiloMedium.xml)
estimated slot usage 17 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Seed_Store_MP/Klock_Seeds.xml)
estimated slot usage 14 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/deco/MN_Bga_deco/MN_Bga_deco.xml)
estimated slot usage 37 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/deco/farm_2/farm_2.xml)
estimated slot usage 28 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/deco/mainFarm/mainFarm.xml)
estimated slot usage 3 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/American_House/American_house.xml)
slot usage 3 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/NFarmSilo/NFarmSilo.xml)
slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/sellingStationgrain/sellingStationgrain.xml)
estimated slot usage 15 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/roadworks/roadworks.xml)
estimated slot usage 13 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/swamp_deco/swamp.xml)
estimated slot usage 7 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Vehicles/WilsonPacesetter/pacesetter.xml)
estimated slot usage 12 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Vehicles/Warrior/truckS.xml)
slot usage 9 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/Vehicles/pickup2014/pickup2014.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adS.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adH.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adCH.xml)
estimated slot usage 2 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adCH3.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adP.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adP2.xml)
estimated slot usage 1 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/placeables/animalDealer/adC.xml)
estimated slot usage 524 (storeItem: FS19_Millennial_Farmer_PC_Version/maps/mapUS.xml)
It would be nice it Giants could explain exactly how this slot count is worked out because at the moment there is no information regarding it at all.
As an example of confusion, in discussions with AJ' his Griffin map has a slot count in TestRunner of 431 but a map slot count of 41ingame
They have talked it about before a few times on the forum also listen to the podcast which explains how slot counts work, failing thelat as dj as he knows aswell
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

eric21

I have listened to the podcast that dealt with vehicles not maps and didn't answer anything at all regarding how it is calculated just said if you buy one tractor the second one has only one slot, very helpful and read all that I can find on the subject, as you seem to be genned up on the subject please show me where this info for calculating slot count is.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Theres more to it than that,
viewtopic.php?f=963&t=158038&start=15

I've been playing since fs13 on console so I'm used to slots, every game has limitations
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

eric21
I asked
please show me where this info for calculating slot count is.
not a discussion on how many slots are available on what system and I am aware of how many slots are available and that every game has its limitations.
I would just like to know in this particular instance how this one is calculated (map wise) so that I may reduce the slot count without affecting the map too much.