Logitech heavy equipment bundle - is it really that bad?

alfaalfa20

Logitech heavy equipment bundle - is it really that bad?

Post by alfaalfa20 »

Hello fellow farmers :)

I'm currently on ps4 for fs 19 but recently I started think about moving to PC to get a better gaming experience with all the extra mods. In that case I'm also thinking about getting a steering wheel as well and want to ask I anyone at all has a good experience from the logitech heavy equipment bundle?

I've read comments that are mostly negative about the wheel but is its really that bad? It really looks easy to have the two analog sticks on the wheel to move around when not In a vehicle... I also have an old Logitech driving force GT so one option Is to buy the sidepanel only.

Thanks for answers!
JensChrDK

Re: Logitech heavy equipment bundle - is it really that bad?

Post by JensChrDK »

Haven't tried it myself, but from what I've read around the interweb, it's bad quality build..

If the old Driving Force GT wheel works fine, I would probably go with that and the side panel.
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Side panel seems decently reviewed, the rest not so much.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

Ive had this bundle for a few years now so I am speaking from experience

I can confirm what JensChrDK has said the side panel is good and I would buy it again the wheel on the other hand is not. The wheel feels very cheaply made in the hand the pedals have no weight to them and mine squeak like crazy. If I was to do it again I would do as Jens said and get just the side panel and find a different wheel to use. if you really want to up your game and do some logging get dual joystick .. it makes it really fun after you get key-binds set up. My setup has a wheel, side panel and another joystick I would have really liked to have two side panels but I couldnt justify the cost when I already had a decent joystick laying around.

I hope it helps .. let me know if you have any other questions about it

TL:DR
If my side panel broke tomorrow I would buy another one when my wheel breaks i will get something different
Also note if you are looking for a wheel I find the best ones are the ones that have the biggest rotation otherwise you steer the tractor like a F1 car :) so something like 900 degrees is nice.
Platform=PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

The big issue with the Logitech Heavy Equipment Bundle is there is nothing at all 'Heavy' about it. Very cheap construction using the cheapest plastics and switches and components. It definitely looks and feels more like a toddler's toy then a Gamer and Sim Enthusiast Product. I think if Logitech actually upgraded the wheel and the panel, threw some money at it with some actual better quality materials and components it would be an absolutely brilliant piece of kit. Unfortunately on every site I look on reviews are not great, with lots of people talking about failures and the product breaking and then having to deal with the whole returns process to Logitech to have them repair or replace it if it's under warranty.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Sidepanel works just fine. But I use a g29 for wheel and pedals.
Another couple of things to consider if you want to enhance the immersion is a headtracker of sorts, and something like Sim dashboard.
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Farmer686

Post by Farmer686 »

I would recommend a thrust master t150 and the side.panel
Hi!
My interest's are; Farming, Computers, Coding and gaming.
I have autism so may sometimes come across as rude, but I don't mean it!
:biggrin2:
alfaalfa20

Post by alfaalfa20 »

Thanks for you good answers everyone!!! I bought the sidepanel last week and will try it with the DFGT! :)
PrincessJessi84

Post by PrincessJessi84 »

I use the t150 pro with trackir side panel and sim dashboard with a few other things.. I love my side panel in combination with the t150 wheel but I wouldn't touch the heavy wheel with deere318s arm and blame it on dimi88
https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
PC
PC - Ryzen 7-2700 8core, 32gb ram, 2x2tb SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER 8gb, GX-850 Gold PSU
Displays - ASUS ROG Strix XG43VQ 43” Super Ultra-Wide Curved HDR Gaming Monitor 120Hz (3840 x 1200)
Samsung CFG70 27" Curved gaming Monitor 144HZ (1920 x 1080)
2x 24" Dell Monitors
Controllers - T150 Pro, Side Panel, TrackIR7, TM Stick